Thread: June Weather

Default June Weather

My fiance and I are planning to book at CSA for June of 2012 for our honeymoon. However, I have been looking at information on Jamaica and weather to make sure we will have a great trip. Any info on how the weather was in early June would be so helpful, and any comments about CSA would be great. I have read that it is the beginning of hurricane season in June and could be rainy, so I am worried that the rain will ruin our trip. Is it like other tropical places where it rains for a short time and the sun comes out and its a beautiful day or will it rain all day?

No worries! We have always done Jamaica in June (our anniversary is the 4th). The weather is usually a bit warmer, and you will more than likely get a bit of rain. The rain you will get is usually around noon, and lasts only about 1/2 to 1 hour, usually a VERY nice break in the sun. Perfect for a trip to the restaurant, or back to the room! *grin* We've been lucky enough to never have a whole day lost to rain in 7 trips!

Don't panic! you're going to love it! Liquid sunshine!

We love the afternoon showers, but again we are from the desert so water falling from the sky is a novelty for us. Went to CSA last year June 8-16, it rain most afternoons for 15 minutes to an hour, and we loved every second of it. You can watch the clouds roll in. The contrast of colors is amazing, gray cloud, orange roofs, green palm trees, turquoise water. Plus the rain was a warm gentle rain, we took a walk down the beach one afternoon during a rain and felt like we had it all to ourselves. Grab your love, drink and get under a palapa (sp) or in the hot tub and enjoy the liquid sunshine. Its all good.

We are going back June 1st to get married, went there two years ago around June 18th. It was fine! Water was really nice, rained maybe once, but if it did I didnt notice it cause it must of happened for like 30 mins. Sun stayed out early in am. Gets dark around 6 which was weird for us in the summer hahahaha. Its awesome in June. Hell its awesome anytime! Dont worry.

We always go in June and the rain doesn't bother us. Usually you have beautiful mornings and it gets hot pretty quickly. Sometime after lunch you get a rain shower pop up. Last June was the rainiest trip we've ever had...it rained for more than just an hour or so, but it was still ok. I wouldn't go any other time than June. I love it. We'll also be at CSA from June 5-13 at CSA. Maybe we'll see you there!

Thanks so much for this post and reply!! I'm going to CN this June to get married (on the fourth!! =) Plus, we are getting married at 4 pm, so this info makes me feel really good about our plans.

Congrats! The 4th is our anniversary as well! We won't get to CN until a few weeks later though. When we're having our anniversary dinner we'll raise a glass to the newlyweds!

Quote Originally Posted by abellholly View Post
    Thanks so much for this post and reply!! I'm going to CN this June to get married (on the fourth!! =) Plus, we are getting married at 4 pm, so this info makes me feel really good about our plans.
    We are getting married the 1st but at CSA. We leave on the 4th. I wouldnt worry, if it rains that day it will be fast and also put some bug spray on your feet because if it rains they will come out and you dont want to be smacking your legs during the wedding. Congrats and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeinpenn View Post
    We are getting married the 1st but at CSA. We leave on the 4th. I wouldnt worry, if it rains that day it will be fast and also put some bug spray on your feet because if it rains they will come out and you dont want to be smacking your legs during the wedding. Congrats and good luck!
    My fiance and I just booked our wedding for June 1st at CSA. Super excited!! We're from central PA (I assume from your name that you also are from PA??) What time is your wedding? Maybe we'll see you around?

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    My fiance and I just booked our wedding for June 1st at CSA. Super excited!! We're from central PA (I assume from your name that you also are from PA??) What time is your wedding? Maybe we'll see you around?

Awesome!!!!! What time is your wedding? We are from Johnstown, close to pittsburgh I guess! When do you fly in? Excited also...

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post

Forgot to tell you we are getting married at 11, you? We fly in on Sunday.