Arrival at MoBay and transfer to CSS was routine....the ride took about 1 1/2 hours, including a 4 minute "pit stop". We had prechecked in, so our Romance Rewards items were ready and all in order. We were told at checkin that a Penthouse Suite was ready in E Block, or if we could wait for about a half hour, D27 would be ready. We decided to wait for that one, and went to the beach grill for a snack and refreshing Red Stripe while we waited. We were glad we did.....D27 is the Harry Belafonte Suite. It was quite large, with a very expansive balcony and a view of the Caribbean, the fitness center/mineral pool area, and F and G blocks off in the distance. Since we had a minibar, and staff did an excellent job keeping it stocked, we spent many an early and late evening on that balcony.

The room was clean, and I know some reviewers say that they are "tired", but I like it. In my opinion the rooms have character, and they are one of the things that make CSS different from other resorts.

In general, the food was good, with the lone exception of a substandard beef entree at Palazzina....very out of character. The staff and the service were outstanding. We've sort of gotten used to it from our stays at Couples, so we remind ourselves that it is not this good elsewhere. As others have said, the resort itself is beautiful. The beach is small but private. We were fortunate to have several calm clear days, so it was easy to avoid the grassy/weedy parts under water. We hadn't been to CSS since 07, and we were glad we came back.