Default coffee, tea and food

Hi all! New to the board and headed to CN for the first time on Friday! Just wondering about a few things:

Is there a coffeemaker in the room I can use to make hot tea? I drink several cups in the am/evening and am wondering if I need to bring something from home to heat water.

There is no microwave in the room, correct?

Breakfast: Is it possible to get eggs or are the only choices cereal/pastries/fruit?

What is the availability of fruit/veggies? I'm big on whole foods/whole grains and am wondering if I want fruit/veggies for a snack are they available. I love the ice cream, nachos etc. but that can get old as more than an occasional snack.

Thanks!

Yes there is a coffeemaker in the room. I would assume you can make tea with that. There is no microwave.

On the egg question, I assume you are asking about in room dining....I do believe that is only pastries, etc...but at the buffet in Casava, there are eggs every day and they will make an omelette for you. Also, LOTS of other stuff at the buffet.

yes there are lots of fresh fruits available as well.

Have fun!

Hi hjohnson! My hub and I will be back to CN on 3/12 for our third visit. Here's what I remember:

I'm pretty sure there are no coffeemakers in the room but I know there is coffee available at the Beach Grill in the mornings so there may also be hot water there too - not sure.

No there are no microwaves in the rooms.

There is an omelette station each morning for breakfast at the Cassava Terrace and they usually have a tray of scambled eggs too at the buffet along with potatoes and sausage/bacon and other assorted hot items that change daily.

As far as fruit/veggies and whole grain foods - there is always a nice selection each morning at the Cassava Terrace and then they take the leftover fruit and put it on small containers (on ice) at the Beach Grill so you can grab as a snack if you want but the selection would be limited to what was left from breakfast.

I did see a post where someone suggested bringing a couple snall ziploc type containers with them that way you can pick up some extra fruit (or desserts!) at breakfast when there is still a nice selection and stash it in your fridge for later!

Have fun and see you in paradise!

Lisa & Jeff

I don't think there are coffee makers in the rooms, I certainly don't remember seeing any. But the food choices are out of this world. Breakfast has just about anything you could want.

Hi Johnson,
    I'm so jealous that you leave for CN Friday!! We're just starting to plan our next trip for this June.
    Anyway, no there is not a coffee maker in the room, but you can get hot water in the breakfast area.
    The breakfast buffet is out of this world! They have everything you could ever dream of. I promise, you won't be disappointed! I believe they have eggs every morning.
    There are lots of fruits/veggies available all day every day.

Have a great time and let us hear about your trip when you get back!

Hi H, there is a coffee maker in the room, but I'm pretty sure you can ask for kettle to boil water and they will bring you one. You may even be able to get a teapot. There's no harm in asking. You may want to bring your own tea if you have some favorites.

Yep, no microwave in the room, you're correct.

Breakfast: lots of choices at the breakfast buffet including eggs just about any way you like them. If you're asking about the room service breakfast, that's only a continental breakfast, coffee, juices, breads etc.

Fruits and veggies are available in abundance. We love whole foods as well and feasted on fruits and veggies (and everything else) when we were at CN. Bananas you should be able to get anytime. I never thought, but the bartenders may give you one if you ask. Oranges and apples were alos available at breakfast and lunch (I think). Just grab a couple and take them with you after you eat. I'm not sure how available they when the restaurants aren't open. For veggies, try the callalou (sp?) when you're there. It's very similar to swiss chard.

We eat like under-fed, over exercised race horses when we're at CN, yet last time I actually lost weight, probably because we ate so much of the wonderful fruit and veggies.

42 days before we're home @CN

ENJOY!!!

To hjohnson:
    First of all have an awesome time, we just returned from CN and it was everything and more. I wrote a review on the MB title CN review 2/13/2011-2/20/2011. Hopefully you have time to read it b4 you leave, it's on about pages 3 or 4. As for your question yes there is a coffeemaker in the room to brew hot water along with tea bags that are replenished daily. No there is no microwave. Continental breakfast delivered to your room (order the night b4) no eggs available, however eggs are at the daily breakfast buffet, they have hard and soft boiled,scrambled and there is a omelet station. As for fruit at the buffet breakfast and lunch there is usually fruit and you can make a plate and bring it to your room and keep in the fridge. Always bananas at the bars, fresh coconuts every morning at the bar in the buffet, you can drink the coco water and then they will break it open so that you can eat the flesh, ummm delicious. Hope this helps.
    Enjoy, One love

Yes there is a coffeemaker in the room. You are provided with tea bags and you can get more in the restaurant. No to the microwave. Breakfast has a very large selection including eggs. Fruit is available at lunch and dinner.

I just had to chime in about how many of you said there were no coffee makers in the room. You obviously are not like me. I got up every morning and brewed two big pots of coffee to enjoy on my back porch with a book. Every room has coffee makers. It's funny what people will notice or not notice.

Roclin - my husband fell in love with the callilou and even wanted to grow it when we returned but never could find seeds - it's delish!

Jimnmariann - it's funny because after my post, I was looking at pics that people posted of their room and low and behold - little coffe makers right there on the nightstand!

2 more sleeps!

From CN's Dining & Restaurants page:

Breakfast:

The Cassava Terrace - Enjoy open-air dining at the Cassava Terrace Restaurant with an array of fresh tropical fruits and juices, cereals, pastries, delicious hot dishes and made-to-order items.

Continental Breakfast in Bed - Enjoy the luxury of a breakfast in bed or on your private balcony. Pre-order from your room the evening before.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon0510 View Post
    Hi Johnson,
    I'm so jealous that you leave for CN Friday!! We're just starting to plan our next trip for this June.
    Anyway, no there is not a coffee maker in the room, but you can get hot water in the breakfast area.
    The breakfast buffet is out of this world! They have everything you could ever dream of. I promise, you won't be disappointed! I believe they have eggs every morning.
    There are lots of fruits/veggies available all day every day.

Have a great time and let us hear about your trip when you get back!
    I stand corrected! Earlier I said that there is not a coffee maker in the room, but now that I think WAAAY back I recall there was one. We just rarely used it. Sorry...my apologies.

Anyway, have a GREAT time!! BM

Order coffee to be delivered in the morning with your fruit or pastries because I think it is better then the stuff you can make. Go down to the buffett and have a plate full of bacon. They have the best bacon in the world, and I say that in the middle of pork country.

Yes yes and yes.There IS a coffee maker in the room which we used many times for coffee and tea, there are eggs any style you wish for break fast and tons of fruit at each meal. We would bring fruit to our room and put it in the fridge along with pastries and many times sit on our varanda and enjoy it all with coffee and tea!!! sometimes Jamaican rum

I never noticed one in the room...not once, lol. We are early risers and early breakfasters though.

Thanks everyone! Your replies all helped alot. We leave tomorrow!