Thread: WiFi at CSS???

Default WiFi at CSS???

Does anyone know if CSS has a good WiFi signal? Making cell phone calls from Jamaica seems costly and potentially problematic.

My wife wants to call our kids once per day for 8 to 10 minutes. I was thinking of setting the grandparents (babysitters) up with a laptop and a skype account, then my wife & I bringing a laptop to CSS. We could then use skype to conduct our daily phone call to keep the wife calm and sane!

Had anyone tried this? I would be interested in any feedback or experience anyone has had there.

Thanks!!
    Ron & Linda

css has wifi, it's slow sometimes but not awful.

Hello!
    WiFI access was great for us at CSS! We had a strong signal from our room in the E Block as well as on SSB. I don't think that you should have any trouble with Skype staying in touch with your loved ones! Have a marvelous trip! We will be back home in July!

suzyQ

We've never used Skype, but I know people who have. It is a great idea and I know that it works.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thank you all for the feedback. This looks like the solution. Now on to get the grandparents a skype account and teaching them how to use it!

suzyQ - when will you be there in July? We are going 6/30 - 7/3.

I travel the world and used to use Skype and have since found "Magic Jack". Once you buy the unit...$40.00, you establish a number and when you're out of the country just plug it into your laptop and you dial just like you're in the US. The grandparents can use their regular phone to call you so no need to learn anything new...just a new number to call you.
    Just a thought. I've done both and love the Magic Jack!!!