Default CTI - Insect netting

My husband and I haven't been to CTI before (in fact, we've never been to Jamaica before either!)... If we want to keep the windows/balcony doors open, whould we bring netting to keep the bugs out?

Thanks!
    Lisa

We never needed a net and left the balcony doors open each night to hear the waves, we turned down air conditioning or turned it off and it was so relaxing. We never saw any bugs.

Leave your bug netting home. The ceiling fans and AC can prevent them from entering.

If you want bring some Skin So Soft to act as a bug repellant. On the most part you will experience no problems.

CTI is on the north side of the island. This area has wind all the time, not much, and this keeps the ground dry. Bugs do not like the dry.

CTI does not have bugs like the Negril area. Negril is on the west side of the island, very little wind, has standing water and lots of bugs

We have never used bug spray during any of our trips to COR/CTI

They do not have any netting on the doors or windows. They do not need it.
    Irie Mon

CTI does not have bugs like the Negril area. Negril is on the west side of the island, very little wind, has standing water and lots of bugs
    I have to disagree somewhat with this. Although Negril may have a lot of marshland I have yet to experience what has been termed a lot of bugs and I have always experienced a gentle trade wind blowing in. Just drink more rum and if they bite you BITE EM BACK!

There are sheer curtains with the black out curtains so if it makes you feel better, you can close the sheers on their own and still get the breeze and night sounds.
    Vicky

We have never had a problem with bugs in the room, and we always keep the balcony doors open at night!!
    Kristen