Thread: CSA watersports

Default CSA watersports

Hi everyone. I'm so excited, 27 days and we'll be at CSA! I've been scouring the website and MB, but I'm hoping you can give me some insight into the watersports offered there. We will probably try everything, but what are the "can't miss" things. We want to jump at ricks. has Anyone done that? Thanks

Hi madtown mom,
    You're going to love CSA. As far as the watersports go there are a lot of things included:
    1. Small hobie cats you can sail alone,
    2. Large hobie cats one of the watersports guys will take you out on...they are much faster than the small ones,
    3. Kayaks,
    4. Snorkel trips (day trips free and night trips at a nominal cost),
    5. Catamaran cruises down to Rick's cafe and to the caves,
    6. Resort course shallow scuba dive,
    7. Wind surfing,
    8. Water skiing,
    Things you can pay a roaming vendor on the beach for:
    1. Parasailing,
    2. Wave runner,
    3. Horse back riding.
    I might have left one or two out but that's a pretty complete list.
    My advice is to watch the guys jump from Rick's Cafe before you decide to do that. I thought it'd be cool to try it but I've heard of a number of people who got hurt while doing it. I'd hate to ruin my vacation just for a cheap thrill, but that's my humble opinion.
    Enjoy your time in Paradise!

Any idea how much it is to parasail? I really want to try it when we are there in May!

Yeah, I've heard that as well, which is why avoided temptation and rick's the last two times I was at cn. We will see. Thanks for all of the info. I'm so excited!

The Watersports guys at CSA are the greatest! We always have so much fun with them. Davian is the best. Get him to take you out on the larger Hobie Cat. What an adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by photochick5 View Post
    Any idea how much it is to parasail? I really want to try it when we are there in May!
    I believe it's around $90.

Quote Originally Posted by photochick5 View Post
    $80 - $90 for both of you depending on who you ask. Usually cheaper with Elvis on the beach.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by madtown mom View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm so excited, 27 days and we'll be at CSA! I've been scouring the website and MB, but I'm hoping you can give me some insight into the watersports offered there. We will probably try everything, but what are the "can't miss" things. We want to jump at ricks. has Anyone done that? Thanks
    Yes my soon to be husband jumped off the top. The guy says, " Tip for lifeguard" hahaha, SO trust me money was left in can as he jumped. He said it was great and fun but he said he would only do it once and next time we go in June we will watch. I think he thought of the dangers AFTER the fact. But he said he was glad he did it.

I believe that jumping from the cliffs is no longer allowed on the catamaran trip. At least last summer they told us we would not be allowed to do it. Liability issues ya' know. They also required everyone that wanted to swim to wear a life preserver vest, which were supplied for us. They were offered but not required on our previous trips.

Anyone else have the same experience?

My favorite water sport was the swim up bar!!!

My favorite water sport was the swim up Bar!!!