Default Transfer from Ocho to Negril questions??

We are thinking of doing a split between CSS and CN in the summer. I have been reading how people say to leave one resort to go to the other at 6:30 in the morning to avoid the airport and traffic. Has anyone does this transfer and had to stop off at the airport first to pick up other passengers? I am nervous about doing a split from Ocho ot Negril in the first place, and if the transfer will take over three hours, I want to rethink it before I book. Any one with experience with doing a split, your comments and advice is very welcome.

We've done this. Stayed 9 days at CN then took Couples shuttle direct to CTI for 7 days. It was like having a whole new vacation! The trip took about 3 hours but we were all alone on the shuttle and didn't stop at MBJ. Even if we had to stop there I don't think it would add that much time to your trip, but again, not sure because we didn't have to stop. It does depend on the length of your stay. I would not do it for a one week trip because why not get the Romance Rewards for each stay (you have to stay 7 days to be eligible for RR).

Quote Originally Posted by Irie at CN View Post
    We've done this. Stayed 9 days at CN then took Couples shuttle direct to CTI for 7 days. It was like having a whole new vacation! The trip took about 3 hours but we were all alone on the shuttle and didn't stop at MBJ. Even if we had to stop there I don't think it would add that much time to your trip, but again, not sure because we didn't have to stop. It does depend on the length of your stay. I would not do it for a one week trip because why not get the Romance Rewards for each stay (you have to stay 7 days to be eligible for RR).
    Is that part of the new program? We used our rewards last year when we stayed for 6 nights.

" I would not do it for a one week trip because why not get the the Romance rewards for each stay (you have to stay 7 days to be eligible for RR"

I am confused, if I book 4 nights at CSS and six at CN, My romance rewards will not be counted at either resort? I thought every night counted?

Quote Originally Posted by Irie at CN View Post
    you have to stay 7 days to be eligible for RR
    This is not true. See Randymon's post on page 2 where he states all stays are counted. You have to stay at least 7 days every 5 years to maintain your level.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=13035
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Default Did CSS/CN split in January

We did the split in January and left at 2pm - we got to CN before 5:00 and did not stop at the airport. This was nice because we got half a day at CSS and when we arrived we did not have to wait for our room. It was just us and the bus driver. It was great and it is like having a second vacation. We did 7/7 and are glad we did the split (although having $500 early booking bonus for each resort was also a factor).

Yes - every day counts. The only time 7 days matter is for the early booking bonus.

Iriesue, thank you for the info....one more question: Are there options as to what time we leave for the other resort? I don't want to HAVE to get up super early while on vacation (or ever!) When Guest Relations books the taxi, I hope they would ask when is more convenient...a morning or afternoon trip???

I am really sorry guys, I was talking about the $100.00 cheque at departure, which if no longer one of the offers on the new RR program. You still get everything offered on the new plan no matter how many nights are stayed depending on your status.

rae_Dave - we just asked at the front desk when the shuttle was going to be leaving on that day and they said 'you're the only ones going - so what time do you want to go?'

That was nice, so we went on our morning dive, finished packing, and left for CTI. If you want to make sure your room is ready, it's good to wait til early afternoon to leave your current resort. You could always have one resort call the other to see when your room might be ready and go then so your arrival time coincides with the room availability.

Yes I also am wondering the same thing. Are there scheduled times, and do you get to pick which time.

Quote Originally Posted by grayturtless View Post
    Yes I also am wondering the same thing. Are there scheduled times, and do you get to pick which time.
    They will take you anytime you want to go. At least, in 3 trips, they have always scheduled our transfer at the time we requested.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

If you are traveling from 1 Couples to another, you can pretty much pick the time. We went from CTI to CN,on a Thursday at around 6:00 AM. (stay away from weekends)arrived at 8:40. Go early and make the most of your day.

Thank you everyone. Only at Couples would you get this service!