Default Music on the Island

Has Couples provided an iPod dock for the island yet? The last two years I only remember seeing a portable boombox with CD player. Fortunately friends bring portable speakers, but they'll be leaving before I arrive this year. I really like playing my music (and I think my friends do, too) because the bartenders seems to really enjoy hearing something besides Bob Marley and Jimmy Buffett... If you want to see Rohan dance, just play a little Sizzla Kalonji!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Yes, in Feb there was an iPod dock.

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Great, Hope the salt water does not kill it before July!!
    Irie Mon

Can anyone tell me what time the first boat leaves for the island in the morning? Also, does the island close at a certain time?

Thanks
    Tower Island Virgin
    Kris

Default Ipod Players

Bruce, Kelly and any other interested April Amigos...yeah you too Richie... I just bought a Logitech "Pure Fi Anywhere 2" at Walmart for around $100.00. I have to tell you this unit sounds great and is easy to pack. It's less than 2 inches deep and a little over a foot long, but sounds great. It has a built in rechargeable battery that will last a good 6-8 hours even at high volume, so it will easily cover "party time" at the island with no need for an electrical recepticle. It also comes with a remote for changing songs etc. from a distance. Of course it also recharges your ipod when plugged in. I only wish that I was going with you guys in April, but sadly my player won't be hitting the island until November. They had a demo set up for this unit at my local Walmart so you could sample play it first. As you all know by now when something breaks in JA the replacement that soon come, can take a while so I am bringing my own this year. I hope you all have a great trip and wonderful weather. I'm certain that you'll all have a good time.
    Tom & Peggy from NJ

Good point jon, it was hurtin when we were there.

Just a suggestion. I bought this ipod speaker on ebay that works really great! It has a belt clip and everything. takes two double a batteries and they last a long time. If you want some info on it just email me! sweetrosebud@hotmail.com. I plan on taking mine with me when I go!

Quote Originally Posted by mr2cool96 View Post
    Bruce, Kelly and any other interested April Amigos...yeah you too Richie...
    Richie, we're famous...

That sounds perfect, but... I just bought a kick-butt Harmon Kardon dock last year. (It blows the Bose Sounddock out of the water.) I don't think I could get away with spending $100 for another one just for our yearly trip.

@Dave&Jessica, I think I have one similar. It's an awesome little thing for the price I paid. ($10?) But I want something everyone around the pool can hear.

@Sun Kissed, I think the first boat doesn't leave until 10:00.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Sunkissed: the first boat goes over to Tower Island about 9AM with the bartender and supplies. Then everyone is welcome to go at will. TI closes about 4 PM, sometimes earlier, sometimes later, depending on the crowd, bartender and weather. Have FUN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    Can anyone tell me what time the first boat leaves for the island in the morning? Also, does the island close at a certain time?

Thanks
    Tower Island Virgin
    9 a.m. and yes it closes but I can't remember what time. I want to say they start blowing the whistle at 4:30, but not sure.
    Vicky

I think it closed at 4 unless there was a wedding and then it was 3. OR it closed at 5 unless there is a wedding and then it closed at 4. Either way, the party moved to the swim-up bar.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come