Thread: CSA in May

Default CSA in May

I'm looking for advice from anyone who has been to CSA or Jamaica in general during May. More chance for rain then say March or April? Appreciate the response!!!

May is normally when we go, it rains mostly in the late afternoon for a little while & at night. No matter what month you go its always a roll of the dice, but out of all of our May visits, we only had one complete wash out. April is a dryer month. We've done various times of the year & in 18 visits, really only got totally rained out twice,once in May & once in Oct.. so I can't complain. You can look at the precipation charts but the weather is changing all over the world, so who knows.

Its the weather... look outside, and you've got your weather report. As for rain, this is a tropical paradise... and to get a tropical paradise, you need to things... plenty of rain, and plenty of sunshine. Jamaica has 'em both in spades!

Worst that happens, you get a tornado... which is what we saw last year, same time Larry (SonoftheBeach) was there... two or three waterspouts off Rutland Point (between Long Bay and Bloody Bay, at about CN). Yep, it DOES happen, even at Negril!

So yes... rain happens on Jamaica... thank heavens!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We are going to CSA in May also! We have been to Negril once before in May of 09. It rained 3 times the week we were there. Once was a short 10min downpour one night about 9 or 10 the other two were 30 min to an hour tops. The strange thing to me was it was sunny, clouds came in rained for a few then clouds left and it was sunny again! No yukky overcast or anything! When will you be there maybe we will see ya!

We are going May 7-14 .
    Our daughter/son-in-law (age 27) are also going.
    We both have atrium rooms - so hopefully they will put us in the same building together.
    They have never been to an all-inclusive and we bought this trip for them as a belated/bonus wedding gift (they have been married 1.5 years - and we have been married 31 years).

I think the all-inclusive is great when traveling as couples. We did it a couple years ago with my brother and his wife to Sandals Ocho Rios. Everyone has so much fun, and freedom to do as they please.

Hope it will be a great week with good weather and great fun at Couples.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearwaterFlorida View Post
    We are going May 7-14 .
    Our daughter/son-in-law (age 27) are also going.
    We both have atrium rooms - so hopefully they will put us in the same building together.
    They have never been to an all-inclusive and we bought this trip for them as a belated/bonus wedding gift (they have been married 1.5 years - and we have been married 31 years).

I think the all-inclusive is great when traveling as couples. We did it a couple years ago with my brother and his wife to Sandals Ocho Rios. Everyone has so much fun, and freedom to do as they please.

Hope it will be a great week with good weather and great fun at Couples.
    Nice, another Florida couple the same week as us

We arrive May 15 and it is our first trip to Jamaica and its for our honeymoon. I'm hoping for a beautiful week.

We were at CN in May of 2005 and only got a couple of afternoon showers. We will be at CSA from May 7th until the 17th. 52 more sleeps...