Default Office of Nature without Lobster

I will be at CN this April and would have loved to get a lobster lunch at the Office of Nature but I realize that lobster will be unavailable in April. Does anyone know what lunch items they would have when lobster is out of season? Any other seafood?

I saw on the thread about the "giant crabs" that they serve some kind of crabs at the Office of Nature. Does anyone know if they would have crabs in April. Thanks!

I once asked one of the managers at SweptAway why crab was never on the menu... she looked at me like I was crazy.

They may be coming around, though... over the last number of years, the lion fish has been wreaking havoc on the reefs off Negril. Mr. Issa sponsored a fishing tournament last May rewarding the fishermen with the biggest catch with a $1500 (USD) reward. There has been a bounty of J$100 on these parasites for some time now.

The government ministry in charge of the fisheries around Jamaica has been encouraging the restaurant trade on the island to begin serving lion fish, and the kitchen staff at SweptAway stepped up fabulously last year!

Perhaps the O of N can be encouraged to do the same!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

[QUOTE=Chris;118140]The government ministry in charge of the fisheries around Jamaica has been encouraging the restaurant trade on the island to begin serving lion fish, and the kitchen staff at SweptAway stepped up fabulously last year!QUOTE]

I wonder if the restaurants are still serving the lion fish? I'm not much of a fish eater, but I've heard it's good. I'd sure try it.

Like I said, the incentive to actively fish these parasites is there; the rest, I guess, is up to the market to determine. The recipes served at SweptAway were fabulous! So, it CAN be done. AND... its a great substitute for lobster, in our opinion...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"