Thread: Bob Marley Tour

Default Bob Marley Tour

Any suggestions to get to 9 mile without doing the tour bus? I didn't see in any forums how to get a private driver and how long it takes to get there vs using a tour company. My husband and I are huge Bob Marley/Reggae fans and would love to check it out (but not all day!) Thanks for any info pros/cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    Any suggestions to get to 9 mile without doing the tour bus? I didn't see in any forums how to get a private driver and how long it takes to get there vs using a tour company. My husband and I are huge Bob Marley/Reggae fans and would love to check it out (but not all day!) Thanks for any info pros/cons.
    My response to a similar question on the main board:

We did it last year. The drive there and back is amazing. Nine Mile was a bit of a disappointment. It's great to say we've been there, but it extremely commercialized. No regrets, but we won't go back.

We hired a private driver. It was only $100 for both of us, but we tipped him $20 and bought him lunch. I think it was $15 each to get into Nine Mile. We left the resort around 9:30, did Nine Mile, stopped at come craft stands, stopped in downtown Ocho Rios for some Juici Patties, and were back at CTI by 4:00. (It's close to two hours each way.)

If you'd like, email me at brizzyintx at gmail dot com, and I'll give you our driver's info.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Thanks BruceandKelli!
    I found your other post after I had sent mine out, I need to figure out the search engine better.... Wow, 2 hours each way. I'll have to tell my husband, too far mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    Thanks BruceandKelli!
    I found your other post after I had sent mine out, I need to figure out the search engine better.... Wow, 2 hours each way. I'll have to tell my husband, too far mon!
    It may not have been quite that long. I really can't remember because the drive was that incredible. It really is worth it, though. Well, for the scenery - not so much for Nine Mile.

If you're staying for 7+ nights, I'd do it. Less than 7, probably not.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

The timeline is about right (1 1/2 - 2h), but I still think it's a "must do" for a Bob fan.

We go every other trip to pay our respects, and do not find it commercialized beyond the gift shop and bar. Neither is nearby when you visit the mausoleum.

BruceandKelli, My girlfriend and I will be at CTI first week of May and are planning to go to Nine Mile. We've researched a bit and the drive sounds amazing. Can I email you for the driver info? Thanks Dan&Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by soundmandan View Post
    BruceandKelli, My girlfriend and I will be at CTI first week of May and are planning to go to Nine Mile. We've researched a bit and the drive sounds amazing. Can I email you for the driver info? Thanks Dan&Amanda
    Absolutely!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!