Default Suggestions for "red eye" flights

Can anyone who has flown an overnight flight to Jamaica give any suggestions on how to feel well rested when they arrive in Jamaica the following morning? I fully intend to grab a Red Stripe and sleep on the beach upon arrival, but suggestions are welcome (a nap the day we leave or not, etc). We have two 3-hour flights to get there with a 2 hour layover in between.
    Thanks!
    7 day countdown has started

We take the red eye out of Denver. It leaves at 12:50am. We end up staying up all day the day we leave. On the flight we take a nap. Our layover is in Atlanta for about 2 hours and we've been known to take a nap there. Then nap on the plane from Atlanta to Jamaica. By the time we get to the resort we are tired, but are still able to enjoy the rest of the day, but we do sleep really well that night! LOL

One tip for you. If you are flying through Atlanta and arriving there before 6am, they don't have any food available. We were glad I had packed some snacks in our carry-on. We just wished there was somewhere to get some water other than the water fountains which tasted awful! Coffee would have been better.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We are flying on the red eye out of Denver this Thursday and hope to be at the resort around noon. This will be our second trip to CSA. I am so excited for my open water dive, I am not sure I will sleep until I get to the resort and it is only Monday!

Have a couple stripes, lotion the hell up, and take a nice breezy nap on the beach, even under a palm tree. You will wake up happy, refreshed and probably have had the best nap of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    We take the red eye out of Denver. It leaves at 12:50am. We end up staying up all day the day we leave. On the flight we take a nap. Our layover is in Atlanta for about 2 hours and we've been known to take a nap there. Then nap on the plane from Atlanta to Jamaica. By the time we get to the resort we are tired, but are still able to enjoy the rest of the day, but we do sleep really well that night! LOL

One tip for you. If you are flying through Atlanta and arriving there before 6am, they don't have any food available. We were glad I had packed some snacks in our carry-on. We just wished there was somewhere to get some water other than the water fountains which tasted awful! Coffee would have been better.
    Thanks for the tip. We are flying this exact flight in July! Good to know about the lack of food and water! We'll have to try to buy some water in Denver, if anything's open there.

We have taken the same flight out of Denver as ColoradoJuli. When we took it last November we had no problem finding food, coffee, etc. in the Atlanta airport. They must have changed their hours.

Thank you Coloradojuli! We depart out of Denver too, but we are connecting through Charlotte. I like the snack idea. After being stuck on a tarmac for 6 hours during another vacation I've always brought mucho snacks with us on flights.

If you live in the Denver area then we should meet for coffee or something sometime to reminisce about Couples. If interested let me know and I'll forward my email to you.

We are also doing the red eye out of Denver but connecting in Charlotte - CSA 5/12 - 5/20. It's great to not spend the whole first day on travel. I cannot wait for the humidity! Great idea about snacks. Thanks!

Jenna

we fly out of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. And last time we went, we took a red eye to Toronto, had a 4 hour lay over and then caught our flight to Jamaica. We had this big plan to sleep on the flight to Toronto, both even took a sleeping pill. However, there were two couples who were crazy drunk already (and dont get me wrong, I am all about getting your party on, I mean YOUR GOING TO JAMAICA). However, I would have chose the drinking from Toronto to Jamaica. Anyway. We did not get any sleep, tried to cat nap in Toronto and were super tired by the time we got on our flight to Jamaica. Of course at that point we were way to excited to sleep. So we just stayed up till later into the night after checking out CSS.

This year, we are planning to fly into Miami (meet up with CSS friends) the night before. Then all leave fresh and rested the next morning together to Mo Bay.
    Amanda & Chris
    Edmonton, AB

"Were Coming HOME with our Jamaican Crew Oct 12, 2011"

I was worried about the tiredness also we chose to leave a day early and stay in St Louis overnight and shuttle to the airport around 4am. I worry about the Atlanta airport I hear its very busy and spread out, we only have a 50 minute lay over if we get in late we are in trouble. Then on to paradise.
    I know I won't be able to nap at all on flights so I hope to catch one at the resort like you said under a palm tree.

We've done the red-eye so many times on trips, either via a charter or out of Seattle through Charlotte, Atlanta or Miami.
    The good thing is arriving early in the day and having the whole day ahead. Flying all day and arriving late at night at the resort is worse, I think. We've done that too.
    I don't sleep on planes. So I always arrive feeling exhausted... but I don't want to waste time sleeping in the room. We tend to grab a quick bite to eat (despite some snacks for the "road", we're hungry when we arrive) then find a spot on the beach, in the shade. We love the sun, but remember if you pass out you can't refresh your sunscreen and could burn. So find a shadey spot in a hammock perhaps and rest up a bit, but not too long, or you'll end up awake all night and throwing your system right off.