Default Dress CARRY ON BEEN ASKED BEFORE, PAST BRIDES HELP

Ok this is stressing me out a bit, can any past brides please tell me how you took your wedding dress on the flight and how big was it, and I am flying Air Tran so they do not help one bit.

I'm stressing a little too because I'm flying Jet Blue, and they have no closets! So, I think I'm just going to lay my dress across the luggage that's in the overhead bin. Either that or hold it the whole way. It's only like a 2 hour flight for me. So, I'll hold it if I have to! LOL

I brought my dress on the plane and they put it in the first class closet for me, No, we were not in first class but the flight attendants were very helpful. I did have to steam it when we got to our destination, but I brought my own steamer for that.

We got married abroad (Spain), but I was also worried about this as we had a very long flight (actually two flights- Los Angeles to Atlanta, Atlanta to Barcelona). We flew Delta and I believe their unofficial policy when I called was if there was room in the first class cabin, they would put it there. On both flights, the flight attendants were nothing but accomodating. We had a third flight down to Marbella on a smaller carrier and my dress had to go in the overhead compartment because it was a small airplane with no first class cabin. I had pre-arranged with my wedding planner for her to have my dress steam cleaned at a nice hotel in the area (we got married at a villa we rented). To be honest, I probably could have gone without steam cleaning it - it really was not THAT wrinkled for all the traveling my dress did.

I have never looked into a wedding at Couples, but I would think this is something they could do for you. Steam cleaning my own dress made me too nervous....

Oh, my dress was not a ball gown, but it was not a thin beach dress either (there was a train). Let's just say carrying it through the airports was pretty heavy.

Yeah that is what I am worried about, its not real thin and and does have a train but I dont think I need to buy it a ticket either lol.. Just curious how other brides did it. Was it a regular garment bag or wedding dress bag?

Quote Originally Posted by klmurphy2005 View Post
    I'm stressing a little too because I'm flying Jet Blue, and they have no closets! So, I think I'm just going to lay my dress across the luggage that's in the overhead bin. Either that or hold it the whole way. It's only like a 2 hour flight for me. So, I'll hold it if I have to! LOL
    what are you putting it in, a garment bag or what the wedding shop gave you?

My dress wasn't very large but I had to lay it in the overhead bin as the closets were supposedly full. It worked out fine and it didn't even need to be pressed or steamed. Must have had the right material.

The bag the wedding shop gave me that the dress came in. I already planned to have it steamed once I get to the resort so as long as all the beads stay in tact I think it will be good. :O)

My dress had beading and it survived a much longer flight than probably what you ladies have (and really, no one will notice if a bead or two falls off!). I just carried it in the plastic bag from the dress shop. I think my husband's suit was also in the bag....now that I am thinking about it, that is probably why it was so heavy in the airport!

Here is a link to a pic of my dress so you can see what I was working with: http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collecti...pg=1&colorId1=

Love your dress dani!! its beautiful.im sure you looked great in it!

Dani love your dress too, mine is about the same length in back. Good to know. I wont stress about it and I just need to relax but note taken on my soon to be husbands stuff, I should let HIM carry it hahahahah. See you SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashntommy View Post
    Love your dress dani!! its beautiful.im sure you looked great in it!
    Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeinpenn View Post
    Dani love your dress too, mine is about the same length in back. Good to know. I wont stress about it and I just need to relax but note taken on my soon to be husbands stuff, I should let HIM carry it hahahahah. See you SOON!
    For sure, let him carry it on! I cannot remember why I was carrying his suit AND my dress. Probably had to do with us consolidating stuff for our long trip and needing to get a bunch of stuff onto the plane as carry-on baggage!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! How exciting!!! See you soon in Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by danifromcali View Post
    For sure, let him carry it on! I cannot remember why I was carrying his suit AND my dress. Probably had to do with us consolidating stuff for our long trip and needing to get a bunch of stuff onto the plane as carry-on baggage!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! How exciting!!! See you soon in Jamaica.
    Was thinking the same thing, I know he will be carrying our carryon so I will be holding the dress and his outfit. hahaha. Cannot wait! June 1st, see you on the beach, I will be the one in white! Jane

I'm still a little worried about this. I was going to try an idea I got from another board by putting the dress in a pillow case and carrying it on like a pillow. However, the dress steaming at the resort has turned out to be sooooooo expensive from what I am reading and I'm just not willing to pay that much. The FI thinks I'm losing it, LOL!!!

I flew on Delta and my dress was very full and I was able to put it in the overhead compartment on top of luggage. I had it steamed before I left so it didn't wrinkle too bad and all of the beading was in tact. I let it hang once we got there and the few wrinkles that it got fell out of it. The closets in the planes are so small my dress wouldn't fit. Hope that helps and congrats!

Flew Delta also. First flight I had in garment bag and put in the overhead. Second leg of flight they put in the closet for me. Hung the dress up as soon as we got to resort. Wrinkles were out by the next day. No worries mon!