Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Default Tower Isle ReView, Feb 28th - Mar 7th

    First off we were first timers to Tower Isle or any Couples Resorts for that matter

    Day 1 Arrival at Montego Bay, Arrived in warm sunny Jamaica to a warm sunny welcome of it being 80 something, Breezed thru Customs very quickly, Found the Couples Lounge at airport, Enjoyed few Cold Red Stripe Lights,, Very tasty in Jamaica too, after 10 15 minutes we were guided to our shuttle bus Doctor Love SA was our driver, we stopped outside MBJ grabbed few Red Stripes to have on the way after Doctor told us about Jamaica an his Church Key, Bottle opener, We arrived at resort around 6:00 to 6:15 soon as you walk into the lobby you are greeted by Byron,, with a big Happy Yeah MON! then a cool wash cloth,, then asked what you'd like to drink,, Looking out the lobby sits Tower Island, so beautiful even more so than in pictures, Check-in is a breeze, after they deliver our bags to our room we head down for Monday night beach party, Food is out of this world,, 1st time meeting the staff, Everyone is so friendly.

    Day 2 we took the 10am orientation , very informative for 1st timer. Don't remember guides name but had Jamaican accent & great personality, joked with us mid-westerners- excellent guide. Rest of day, enjoyed the beach sunning having drinks at Patio bar. Monday night was candlelit beach dinner for our anniversary, Steak and Lobster tail. Best steak I have ever eaten ever and we are steak eaters too, Andrew was our beach server. He went up and beyond excellent service. Told us he's been at resort 5 yrs. Great kid, doing awesome job. Caren his manager checked with us after beach dinner was over asked how service , meal and ambiance was. Told her we love this resort
    already. They pay extra attention to the small details. Went to Patio for entertainment that night and turned in about 11:30 for night.

    Day 3 had room service breakfast. Blue mountain Coffee is good and tasty, fruit is better than any we ever get in USA. Got around and took the Dunn's River Falls excursion. It lasted like 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. Came back, enjoyed lunch at the pool grill - burger & jerk chicken diner on patio. Jerk chicken for 1st time ever. Very good with fries or Onion rings. Spent rest of day relaxing on beach. Which is beautiful view of ocean and Tower Isle @ 6pm this night we had dinner @ Verandah Restaurant awesome Porkchop dinner, wife had red wine I had white wine both wines were quite tasty and they keep your glass full as well. Later that night the entertainment was Silver Doves Steele Drum Band, excellent island music.

    Day 4 Had breakfast in Patio restaurant, walked around resort, a rain shower came in that morning lasted about 10 minutes. Jamaica calls it liquid Sunshine. Spent rest of day on beach sunning, in and out of the water. By the way, take plenty of sunscreen and use it. After 3 or 4 days, the sun is getting lil warm & shoulders are getting lil red. Had Patio Buffet for supper that night. Excellent choices of meats, breads,, anything you can think of they serve and have available, If you have a sweet tooth the deserts are amazing!

    Day 5 Went to the Spa had couples massage 80 minutes, goes by so fast, Super relaxing Super relaxing. Should have done this the 1st or 2nd day instead. Spent couple hrs on beach after massages.
    3:00 p.m. RaSheba took us to town on shopping trip to gated shopping area, and Margaritaville. Very nice lil shopping complex. Later that evening had supper @ 8 Rivers. Friday night by the way is Lobster night, Walked out of 8 Rivers stuffed, didn't need dessert there, but I didn't want to turn it down. Later that evening we sat out on the Terrace outside Lobby enjoying the Island lights and there were a couple of candlelit beach dinners that evening as well.

    Day 6, Sat morning, rain came in for about 30 minutes maybe. ate in Patio Buffet, visited with new friends we met , from Canada to Iowa, Georgia, Illinois guest as well as employees are so friendly. By around noon the sun popped out. We spent most of afternoon by the patio pool, sunning & drinking frozen island drinks. 3:30 rolled around, we took the catamaran cruise they serve you rum punch. Trip takes 2 hrs or so. Music, cruise, staff and Resort photographer makes sure it is a fun time from start to finish. Came back cleaned up had Bayside reservations that night Thai food. Quite tasty to a farm boy by heart. Ever eaten with chopsticks? If not just ask they will gladly give you silverware, Lambchop Shishkabob, very good -would loved to had more.

    Drinks we had while there, Hummingbird, Dirty Banana, Jamaican Smile, Naked Lady "The Drink". Damion got good laugh outa me that night when I ordered that drink. Thanks Damion!
    The Staff, Caren Duty manager , If you run across her, She will make sure your stay is going great and everything is topnotch, Great Employee!

    Andrew we met the 1st time at the Veggie bar, He was our Candlelit beach dinner waiter that night, Awesome service alone with great personality!

    Paul bartender in piano bar at nights makes very tasty drinks, service with a smile an No Problem Mon!

    Matthew part of the entertainment team was our blackjack dealer on casino night. He made it a lot of fun and spoke to us each time he saw us the rest of the week after that.

    Vivienne Greene, Thank You for such excellent care of our room while there, towel art with flowers an rose petals, even on floor 1 night leading from our door to our bed.

    We had Ocean View Jr Suite very peaceful late nights listening tot the ocean waves lap at shore.Romantic view of the ocean and view of night time lit up island

    And finally day 7 our last morning at resort, Evole came up around 10 took our bags down stairs to lobby to await our 11:15 bus back to the airport, Very funny guy. Should be a comedian. Doctor Love Sa was our driver back to MBJ. This is a hard trip to leave the resort. Take Care Doctor till someday we meet again. Yeah Mon! Don't Worry, we'll be happy till we return!

    Last but not least, Couples Resorts is a 5 star resort, goes way beyond extra ordinary service to make sure your stay is what you want it to be. We have truly found a vacation Home with Couples Resorts. Keep up the Great Service Couples! And we came home with the Jamaican attitude too. Don't Worry Be Happy!, No Problem Mon!

  2. #2

    Default Great review

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark&Terri View Post
    First off we were first timers to Tower Isle or any Couples Resorts for that matter

    Day 1 Arrival at Montego Bay, Arrived in warm sunny Jamaica to a warm sunny welcome of it being 80 something, Breezed thru Customs very quickly, Found the Couples Lounge at airport, Enjoyed few Cold Red Stripe Lights,, Very tasty in Jamaica too, after 10 15 minutes we were guided to our shuttle bus Doctor Love SA was our driver, we stopped outside MBJ grabbed few Red Stripes to have on the way after Doctor told us about Jamaica an his Church Key, Bottle opener, We arrived at resort around 6:00 to 6:15 soon as you walk into the lobby you are greeted by Byron,, with a big Happy Yeah MON! then a cool wash cloth,, then asked what you'd like to drink,, Looking out the lobby sits Tower Island, so beautiful even more so than in pictures, Check-in is a breeze, after they deliver our bags to our room we head down for Monday night beach party, Food is out of this world,, 1st time meeting the staff, Everyone is so friendly.

    Day 2 we took the 10am orientation , very informative for 1st timer. Don't remember guides name but had Jamaican accent & great personality, joked with us mid-westerners- excellent guide. Rest of day, enjoyed the beach sunning having drinks at Patio bar. Monday night was candlelit beach dinner for our anniversary, Steak and Lobster tail. Best steak I have ever eaten ever and we are steak eaters too, Andrew was our beach server. He went up and beyond excellent service. Told us he's been at resort 5 yrs. Great kid, doing awesome job. Caren his manager checked with us after beach dinner was over asked how service , meal and ambiance was. Told her we love this resort
    already. They pay extra attention to the small details. Went to Patio for entertainment that night and turned in about 11:30 for night.

    Day 3 had room service breakfast. Blue mountain Coffee is good and tasty, fruit is better than any we ever get in USA. Got around and took the Dunn's River Falls excursion. It lasted like 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. Came back, enjoyed lunch at the pool grill - burger & jerk chicken diner on patio. Jerk chicken for 1st time ever. Very good with fries or Onion rings. Spent rest of day relaxing on beach. Which is beautiful view of ocean and Tower Isle @ 6pm this night we had dinner @ Verandah Restaurant awesome Porkchop dinner, wife had red wine I had white wine both wines were quite tasty and they keep your glass full as well. Later that night the entertainment was Silver Doves Steele Drum Band, excellent island music.

    Day 4 Had breakfast in Patio restaurant, walked around resort, a rain shower came in that morning lasted about 10 minutes. Jamaica calls it liquid Sunshine. Spent rest of day on beach sunning, in and out of the water. By the way, take plenty of sunscreen and use it. After 3 or 4 days, the sun is getting lil warm & shoulders are getting lil red. Had Patio Buffet for supper that night. Excellent choices of meats, breads,, anything you can think of they serve and have available, If you have a sweet tooth the deserts are amazing!

    Day 5 Went to the Spa had couples massage 80 minutes, goes by so fast, Super relaxing Super relaxing. Should have done this the 1st or 2nd day instead. Spent couple hrs on beach after massages.
    3:00 p.m. RaSheba took us to town on shopping trip to gated shopping area, and Margaritaville. Very nice lil shopping complex. Later that evening had supper @ 8 Rivers. Friday night by the way is Lobster night, Walked out of 8 Rivers stuffed, didn't need dessert there, but I didn't want to turn it down. Later that evening we sat out on the Terrace outside Lobby enjoying the Island lights and there were a couple of candlelit beach dinners that evening as well.

    Day 6, Sat morning, rain came in for about 30 minutes maybe. ate in Patio Buffet, visited with new friends we met , from Canada to Iowa, Georgia, Illinois guest as well as employees are so friendly. By around noon the sun popped out. We spent most of afternoon by the patio pool, sunning & drinking frozen island drinks. 3:30 rolled around, we took the catamaran cruise they serve you rum punch. Trip takes 2 hrs or so. Music, cruise, staff and Resort photographer makes sure it is a fun time from start to finish. Came back cleaned up had Bayside reservations that night Thai food. Quite tasty to a farm boy by heart. Ever eaten with chopsticks? If not just ask they will gladly give you silverware, Lambchop Shishkabob, very good -would loved to had more.

    Drinks we had while there, Hummingbird, Dirty Banana, Jamaican Smile, Naked Lady "The Drink". Damion got good laugh outa me that night when I ordered that drink. Thanks Damion!
    The Staff, Caren Duty manager , If you run across her, She will make sure your stay is going great and everything is topnotch, Great Employee!

    Andrew we met the 1st time at the Veggie bar, He was our Candlelit beach dinner waiter that night, Awesome service alone with great personality!

    Paul bartender in piano bar at nights makes very tasty drinks, service with a smile an No Problem Mon!

    Matthew part of the entertainment team was our blackjack dealer on casino night. He made it a lot of fun and spoke to us each time he saw us the rest of the week after that.

    Vivienne Greene, Thank You for such excellent care of our room while there, towel art with flowers an rose petals, even on floor 1 night leading from our door to our bed.

    We had Ocean View Jr Suite very peaceful late nights listening tot the ocean waves lap at shore.Romantic view of the ocean and view of night time lit up island

    And finally day 7 our last morning at resort, Evole came up around 10 took our bags down stairs to lobby to await our 11:15 bus back to the airport, Very funny guy. Should be a comedian. Doctor Love Sa was our driver back to MBJ. This is a hard trip to leave the resort. Take Care Doctor till someday we meet again. Yeah Mon! Don't Worry, we'll be happy till we return!

    Last but not least, Couples Resorts is a 5 star resort, goes way beyond extra ordinary service to make sure your stay is what you want it to be. We have truly found a vacation Home with Couples Resorts. Keep up the Great Service Couples! And we came home with the Jamaican attitude too. Don't Worry Be Happy!, No Problem Mon!
    If you loved T.I. you shouldn`t count out the Couples on the west side of the island. The beaches are sooo beautiful.

    Cool Runnings

  3. #3

    Default

    Enjoyed your review! We were also there Feb 28 - Mar 6 and had a fabulous time. Looking at booking same time next year
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 14
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

  4. #4

    Default

    Awesome review! We are heading to CTI for the first time in April, weve been to all the other couples resorts. What night is casino night? What do you win?

  5. #5

    Default

    Thank you so much for taking the time to post this! Going back home (CTI) next Thursday and this report made me smile smile smile

  6. #6

    Default

    Glad you had a great time...I do know what you mean when you say it's hard to leave this resort..Welcome to the CTI family!

  7. #7

    Default

    Casino night was Sat night same night as cigar jewelry sales night,, ,, you win play money/chips,, At around midnight they auction off rumm Couples items an gifts,, we didnt win anything big,, but was a ton of fun

  8. #8

    Default

    Great review! Thanks! I can't believe I have to wait until October to go!

  9. #9

    Default

    THANKS For the awesome reminder of why we are going back in 21 days. it got me all wound up for 10 wonderful days in Jamaica Mon, this is a Wonderful resort and The staff Rocks

    Larry and Denise
    CTI April 2010
    CTI april5-15 2011
    CSA April 2012 Just booked!!!

  10. #10

    Default

    Just when I thought I couldn't wait 32 more days along comes your review...thanks!

  11. #11

    Default

    Enjoyed the review as well and your use of paragraphs was perfect!! Once you go to CTI you have to return!!

  12. #12

    Default

    Nice review! Can't wait until our turn in September.
    Terry & Tonia Collins

  13. #13

    Default

    I enjoyed the review. We will be first timers there in 19 days. I cant even explain how excited I am. Thank you for the great review. You just added fuel to my fire.
    V

  14. #14

    Default

    Great review? We are leaving for CTI on April 6th. I am SOOO excited. Reading your review put the biggest smile on my face

    Larry and Denise: we will be there same time as you. Our wedding is April 8th at 10 am. You two should stop by and say hi!!!

    Trish and Steve

  15. #15

    Default April 4 - 14

    Ah.... great review of a great place!

    So B&L from N C? What dates are ya'll heading out? We fly from Charlotte on the 4th...... we'll try to find you at the resort if we're there the same timeframe (I'm a fella tarheel)!

    Trish and Steve - Congrats on the upcoming wedding..... we will certainly watch quietly from afar and raise a glass to your happiness!

    Larry and Denise: WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO cannot wait to see ya'll again!

    PS -- there's a photo thread for couples at CTI in April - might help everyone to recognize fellow MBers! We are part of the original RumRunners crew that go this timeframe in April each year.... so there will be lots of fun to be had!

  16. #16

    Default Cheers to April 6th!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trishamarie View Post
    Great review? We are leaving for CTI on April 6th. I am SOOO excited. Reading your review put the biggest smile on my face

    Larry and Denise: we will be there same time as you. Our wedding is April 8th at 10 am. You two should stop by and say hi!!!

    Trish and Steve
    We too arrive at CTI on the 6th! Just wondering where you were coming in from?
    Kris

  17. #17

    Default

    Glad you like CTI. Now you know why we'll be going back "home" for the 4th time this September.

  18. #18

    Default To Kris

    From the beautiful Virginia......can't wait to meet all of you folks and share in the wonder that is CTI!

  19. #19

    Default

    We are coming in from virginia as well on the 5th of April!

  20. #20

    Default

    Steve and I are from Muskego,WI. A southwest suburb of the Milwaukee area. We get in at about 1pm on the 6th and are staying through the 13th. Our wedding website is mywedding.com/trishandsteve So, if you see us around the resort, make sure to say HI.. I'm sure we will be spending plenty of time at the pool bar!!!

  21. #21

    Default See you in the lounge

    Hi there bride to be

    My guess is that we will meet you in the lounge...we arrive via West Jet from Toronto and are scheduled to land at approximately 1:30. Do you have a large group coming for the wedding? I'm sure it will be beautiful! Look forward to meeting you all. We met some wonderful people from WI last year and they were all such fun, wonderful people....and we love the swim up bar. There is a CTI April 2011 Photo Thread into that I started awhile back..you should post a pic so we can all keep a look out for the newlyweds! See you soon...two weeks tomorrow!!!!!
    Kris

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    From the beautiful Virginia......can't wait to meet all of you folks and share in the wonder that is CTI!
    Beautiful Virginia = Beautiful accent. Like ya already!
    Kris

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B&LfromNC View Post
    We are coming in from virginia as well on the 5th of April!
    Hilarious! Fellow tarheels, and yet all coming from VA? I was born in Bryson City NC..... and fly out of Richmond one day ahead of ya'll.... but will gladly hunt you down once at CTI and give you a proper Jamaican welcome!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •