This is what I wrote on "tripadvisor" and thought I should share it here as well.
It was my first time to Jamaica and my husband & I decided to stay at this resort to have our weddingmoon. We booked a Beach-front Suite and enjoyed every moment at the resort. The following summarizes our experience at Couples Sans Souci:
1. On welcome, we were served and treated well. We received a hot towel and champagne on arrival.
2. The bus boy was great and provided us with a simple introduction to the resort and showed us around our room.
3. The resort grounds are absolutely gorgeous! Everywhere you turn, there is something that will catch your eye.
4. The staff were always genuinely extremely friendly, helpful and concerned about the vacationers.
5. What was surprising is the fact that after interacting with the staff (for even a short period of time) they always remembered our names.
6. The staff at the Salon were fantastic! (A special recognition for the multi-skilled, multi-talented Judith, who did an awesome job with my make-up, paraffin, nail polished fingers and toes, and very thick bridal hair)
7. There is surely an activity for everyone. Being non-swimmers, my husband and I enjoyed riding bikes, playing tennis, sitting by the pond, exploring the resort, attending the evening events, sitting by the beach and absorbing as much sun as we could.
8. There are a lot of beach/water activities for swimmers and those that enjoy being in sea water.
9. There is a no tipping policy in effect and rewards are awarded to staff based on the reviews provided by vacationers.
10. EVERYTHING is really inclusive. The only thing you may want to carry cash for are to purchase items in the jewelry/gift stores, stores off site, gift stops on the beach, and any additional tours you may have arranged at the tour desk (which are outside of the included tours).
11. The Jamaican food at this resort are tastefully delicious.
12. The nightly activities were always well planned out and coordinated.
13. The staff are extremely reliable, timely and efficient and they even go the extra mile to ensure that we were contented. (Special recognitions for Margaret, Carla, Claudia the photographer, Judith at the Salon, Clifton at the restaurant, Joy the daytime housekeeper, Jackie at the Spa, Una for the turn-down service, the Bell Boys, Room Service Delivery guys, the guys that keep the pools and grounds looking squeaky clean, other housekeepers, the tennis guy, lifeguards, the two main male and female coordinators of the evening dinner activities and the girl at the beach who took my request for a paddle boat. It is because of these people my stay was enjoyable. They were all very good.) Thank you!
1. Unfortunately, we were forced to travel from the Airport in Kingston, which resulted in approximatley 2 3/4hours of commute time to the resort.
2. The resort is on a very hilly area which means that you will have a lot of stairs to be climbing. It's great for exercise, but can be tiring at times. Thank God there's an elevator for those vacationers who occupy rooms closer to the lobby and away from the beach front.
All in all, it was an absolutely fantastic wedding-moon and we enjoyed every bit of it. The warmth of the people coincides well with the motto they uphold... "out of many, one people!"