Default Boyfriend's birthday while we're at CTI - cake?

My boyfriend and I will be at CTI from 3/27 - 4/1. His birthday is 4/1 but we plan to celebrate the night before (celebrating on the plane home just doesn't seem as exciting). I would love to try and coordinate a cake being brought out for him on our last night while we're having drinks (hopefully with new friends!) - does anyone have any ideas on how I could arrange this? 13 days and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

While we didn't get a cake, LaToya arranged for my hubby to receive his special dessert and the staff sang him Happy Birthday and had written "Happy Birthday" with icing around the plate edge. The afternoon we were at CSS and our friend spoke to a staff member and they found a candle, stuck it in a cupcake and sang to him for his birthday. geesh, I seem to get the short end of the stick here. The only thing I get on birthday is snow!
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by JessTim View Post
    My boyfriend and I will be at CTI from 3/27 - 4/1. His birthday is 4/1 but we plan to celebrate the night before (celebrating on the plane home just doesn't seem as exciting). I would love to try and coordinate a cake being brought out for him on our last night while we're having drinks (hopefully with new friends!) - does anyone have any ideas on how I could arrange this? 13 days and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
    Contact Romance Concierge they will do this for you for a very small extra charge i bet, Couples Resorts are like Evole,, told us getting our bags the day we left,, No Problem Mon,, Its your vacation,, it can be what you want it to be, Its all about you!

When we were at CSA my husband did something similar to what Vicky described. When I ordered my dessert they brought it out with a candle and sang. I think Happy Birthday was written in chocolate around the edge of the dish too. He doesn't really plan ahead so he talked to one of the ladies who was seating people right after we sat down. I think they must keep candles at all the restaurants because there are a lot of birthdays and they seem to always have some fresh candles handy. I bet if you talk to someone ahead of time they can help you arrange something or you could wing it like my husband and go with whatever dessert he orders.

Friends of ours had a customized B-Day cake brought out to them.

My wife arranged a cake for my 40th birthday via Guest Relations. The waiters bought it out singing happy birthday and as we were in the main buffet that night they also had the house band playing and singing along. Cost was $40 for the cake which was incredible for both the taste and presentation.

To Jess, we were at CN for my hubby's 40th and I went to the guest relations desk and told them when and where I wanted to have the cake. The cake was an extra $20.00US. They brought it out when dessert should have have come out. The whole staff and other guests sang to him. So enjoy and Happy Birthday to Tim,my birthday is the same day so you have a drink for me and I'll have a drink for him. Couples is awesome we just got back 3 weeks ago and every time I think about our trip I can't help but GET HAPPY

I was at CSA last year and CSS this year on my birthday. I had emailed
    both resorts priort to departure re this and did not receive any
    acknowledgment of any kind of it being a birthday.

I have always asked for a cake when we have been at CSA for my husband's birthday and I'm sure they would do the same at CTI. It is a small cake but if just the two of you more than you need especially after a dinner.

zaraforty, if you read the posts where people DID get something special they say they arranged it through guest relations or the romance concierge. Just a random email probably isn't going to be sufficient for such a thing. If you go again and want a special occasion acknowledged just take a few minutes to contact guest relations after you arrive and I'm quite sure they will be happy to accommodate. As noted above there may be an extra charge depending on what you want.

thank you for the info sherrynchuck