Default CN Room Categories ??

Have stayed at CSS last November and we are thinking of staying at CN in April - only 3 weeks away - but can not figure out if it is worth it for different categories......the minimum we want to stay, we think, is the Deluxe Beachfront but I am trying to figure out is the Garden Suite (420 more) or the Beachfront suite (882 more)worth the difference in the price....Please help if you have stayed in these categories I would love your opinion.
    Thanks
    Lorene

We are also looking for similar advice! We love the 1BR ocean suites at CSS, and while I know the rooms are not as spacious at CN, I really want to experience the Negril side of the island. We were leaning towards the Garden Suite. The photos online have the exact same photo for the Garden and Beachfront Suites. Could someone comment if they are that similar just with different views/beach proximity? Looking ahead to 2012...

No one can truly answer if it's worth the difference in price. The benefits of a GS or BS are: larger room with a sectional sofa. Very large bath with jacuzzi tub, separate shower, and two sinks. Evening hors d'hoeuvres. A hammock on your veranda. That's it. Other than that, you're treated the exact same throughout your stay. The BS are the very closest to the ocean. The GS have an ocean view from the balcony on floors 2 and 3 but really overlook the wedding gazebo.

Whether the suite benefits are worth it to you depends on you. Ask yourself how much time you'll spend in your room and whether the "extras" are important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by RCCHOPPERS View Post
    Have stayed at CSS last November and we are thinking of staying at CN in April - only 3 weeks away - but can not figure out if it is worth it for different categories......the minimum we want to stay, we think, is the Deluxe Beachfront but I am trying to figure out is the Garden Suite (420 more) or the Beachfront suite (882 more)worth the difference in the price....Please help if you have stayed in these categories I would love your opinion.
    Thanks
    Lorene

In our opinion CN is the one resort where the lowest category room is perfectly fine.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

I have only stayed in the Garden Suite, room 9101, and loved it. Short walk to the beach, and had a view of beach and bay from the patio. Rooms are the same size with the same amenities so the only difference literally is the walk from the room to the beach. We love the beach and after we were there the first year, which we had a garden deluxe room, we checked out the other rooms and decided on the garden suite for the price difference. Next year, our 4th trip, we are going to go back to the garden deluxe to offset the cost of air fare. The only thing we may miss by going back to the cheapest room, is the size of the bathroom. We did not use the hammock much, and all rooms have a patio/balcony with 2 chairs and a table which we did use for a brief time in the morning and evening. We just decided that after 2 years in a suite, that for no more time then we spend in it, that we could do with the smaller room.

338 days till going home.

I believe the beachfront suite is the only truly breach front room because if I remember correctly they are on the end of building 6. The regular beach front rooms are still really nice but if you can afford it go for the suite .

We went with the ocean room and wished we got beach instead (we tried to upgrade but it was sold out).

Since the resort is so small, there isn't much difference in the categories of the room except for the suites which are twice the size of the other rooms. The Beachfront rooms are right next door to the beachfront suites. I wouldn't pay the extra. Stay an extra day instead.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

If you look at pictures of the resort you will see that there are 2 horseshoe shapes. There are 5 buildings in one horseshoe and 4 in the other (if you get my meaning). We stay in the gardenview rooms. To us there is no need to spend extra money on the room. None of them directly face the ocean. You would have to stand on the balcony and look out over trees or lean over the side to see the ocean. Saying that though, once there you will see that all the rooms are really close to the beach and beachfront doesn't mean you're directly facing the beach. The beach sand is in front of the room but you are still perpendicular to the beach in those rooms. Really hard to explain the layout, better to check it out in the previous threads on here. In my opinion, I'd rather stay in the cheapest category and use the money, if you want, to get spa treatments, learn scuba diving or have a private dinner on the beach. Or, better yet, save it for your next Couples vacation!

The deluxe garden and beachfront rooms are the exact same room and they are not far from each other. The suites are bigger. We have stayed in them all. I personally would get a gardenview room. I know you think the beachfront is the minimum but we did that and realized that gardenview is the exact same room and no rooms look directly onto the beach.Unless you just love being alone in the room a lot, don't choose the suites. You will love this resort so much, you will not be in your room much. Also, the bathrooms in the suites are very nice. If that is your thing, then choose those. We like to save the money and go back again the next year!

I don't recall seeing a picture of the bathroom for the gardenview rooms. Is it much smaller than the one for the suites?
    I had assumed all the rooms had the same big bathroom with the double sink and separate tub/shower. I am now unsure? No biggie, but we booked the garden view room and I was looking forward to a sit down vanity area and nice soaking tub!

The big bathrooms are only in the suites. All other rooms have a standard size, small-ish bathroom. This is because the suites are the size of two gardenview, or oceanview, or beachfront rooms, so the living area is bigger, and the washrooms are bigger.

AtlantaMel, the bathrooms are smaller in the rooms other than suites. I don't think it is an issue, but I have seen pictures of the bathrooms of the suites and the others are smaller.

Enjoy the trip.

Atlanta Mel...
    The larger bathrooms with the sit down area, double sinks and seperate shower/tub are only in the suites. The other rooms have a decent size bathroom though with a fairly large counter space but only one sink and a single tub/shower head.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Mel View Post
    I don't recall seeing a picture of the bathroom for the gardenview rooms. Is it much smaller than the one for the suites?
    I had assumed all the rooms had the same big bathroom with the double sink and separate tub/shower. I am now unsure? No biggie, but we booked the garden view room and I was looking forward to a sit down vanity area and nice soaking tub!
    Gardenview rooms have smaller bathrooms than the suites. Single sink, tub/shower, full mirror on the wall over the sink. Hairdryer is on the wall by the door. I don't remember any separate electrical outlets in the washrooms. The only place to sit is the obvious one.

Default Save your money

Quote Originally Posted by RCCHOPPERS View Post
    Thanks
    Lorene
    My wife and I have been perfectly happy with a garden-view room the two times we have been to CN as we spend nearly no time in our room. We go in the middle of the winter and it`s cold up here in Canada. It`s all about the beach and beautiful property anyways, eh. Room doesn`t really matter when your sittin on the beach. We get up, eat a wonderful breakfast then head for the nekkid beach. We some times come back to our room for a nap in the afternoon and the room is great for that. Then we get up and eat a fine meal at one of the great eateries available. I do mean great. By then the evening entertainment kicks in. We check that out then sometimes we go back to the nekkid jacuzzi and watch the stars for a while. Very Romantic. Then back to our room for some us fun(wink,wink). You see. The room doesn`t matter much but garden-view rooms are very nice. Such a lush tropical paradise right outside your patio door. I think you will find your schedule is much the same(maybe not the nekkid stuff)as ours was and will be Jan 8 2012. Can`t wait to get back. 289 days til Home.

Cool Runnings