Default No idea which resort to choose

Never thought planning a relaxing vacation could be so overwhelming! Because, we had to narrow down, I chose Negril over OR. Now we can't decide between CN and CSA! Both look fabulous and can't really distinguish the big differences. We don't care one way or other about AN. We want great food, great relaxing room, and some fun. Not interested in disco, just a little bit of nightly entertainment. Poolside is important, as well as beach walks and playing a bit in the ocean. Want to snorkel and see some of the natural beauty of N through a side trip or two. We are mid forties, parents, love to meet more of the same.

Should I flip a coin, or is one more fitting?

We plan on booking trip asap to travel mid-April. Can't wait!

Thanks so much!!
    Robin

Flip a coin!!! They both have everything you want and more.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Flip a coin!!! They both have everything you want and more.
    ... and sign-up for Romance Rewards so you can do a free "Trading Places" day to the other resort.

ENJOY!!!

Go to the web pages for each resort and spend time there looking at room descriptions, restaurants, etc. You may not think it matters a whole lot but if you spend some time looking at the resorts you will eventually find that one appeals to you more than the other. Also, read reviews for each of the two resorts you are considering, doing this will also help you get a feel for which one suits you best. Maybe you would eventually like to visit both resorts but if you really do some digging you will find the one that appeals to you most for now. It's really no different than choosing between all the different resorts in Jamaica, you still have to spend some time deciding which one you like best personally. You've narrowed it down to the best chain, Couples. However, each resort still is a very different place as if they weren't related in any way so time still has to be spent deciding between the four...or in your case two. Look at it as a fun time, the vacation itself is so short so view the deciding and the waiting as part of the excitement.

Csa!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

better hurry and book, CSA and CN fill p in April. I would chose CSA, I say that only because its better!

I agree, flip a coin. Either will fulfill your needs. April fills up pretty fast at the resorts. It might come down to which resort has room!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasMom View Post
    Never thought planning a relaxing vacation could be so overwhelming! Because, we had to narrow down, I chose Negril over OR. Now we can't decide between CN and CSA! Both look fabulous and can't really distinguish the big differences. We don't care one way or other about AN. We want great food, great relaxing room, and some fun. Not interested in disco, just a little bit of nightly entertainment. Poolside is important, as well as beach walks and playing a bit in the ocean. Want to snorkel and see some of the natural beauty of N through a side trip or two. We are mid forties, parents, love to meet more of the same.

Should I flip a coin, or is one more fitting?

We plan on booking trip asap to travel mid-April. Can't wait!

Thanks so much!!
    Robin
    Robin,

CSA is more of a beach resort, with a nice pool while CN is a nice pool resort with a nice beach. So, if the pool's important CN would be good. CSA does not offer AN so there's another difference. Other than that it's a coin toss. Both have great food, lots of room to relax, are fun, have nightly entertainment and a beautiful ocean to play in. CSA has a longer beach to walk than CN. Hope this helps in your decision process.

Do as Roclin suggests and sign up for Romance Rewards so you can get the Trading Places and perks for future visits. Become a repeater and enjoy!

Bart & Bug
    Last edited by Bart and Bug; March 19th, 2011 at 02:09 PM.

CSA if you don't care about AN. They have more room type choices.

Bart and Bug were incorrect in stating that you cannot do the trading places as first time visitors. In his announcement about the new Romance Rewards program Randymon specifically stated that first time visitors ARE still eligible for this perk. If you are interested in more info or want to sign up go to the Romance Rewards page...

http://www.couples.com/RomanceRewards/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    Robin,

CSA is more of a beach resort, with a nice pool while CN is a nice pool resort with a nice beach. So, if the pool's important CN would be good. CSA does not offer AN so there's another difference. Other than that it's a coin toss. Both have great food, lots of room to relax, are fun, have nightly entertainment and a beautiful ocean to play in. CSA has a longer beach to walk than CN. Hope this helps in your decision process.

Do as Roclin suggests and sign up for Romance Rewards so you can get the perks for future visits. Under the new RR program, you can't do the Trading Places on your first visit. It's a perk for repeat offenders. Become one and enjoy!

Bart & Bug

Bart and Bug, I just read the new RR program and it says Newbies...YOU WILL BE ENTITLED to Trading Places on your first visit. Unless I read something wrong....but with Randymon's message it does say that you can participate in this on the first visit...which is SO cool for a newbie and a great way to see another resort.

Do the secret rendezvous!! They will pick for you and you can also be excited to find out where you are going. You will be happy anywhere you go REALLY

Bart and Bug you are incorrect in stating that newbies can not take advantage of the Trading Places option. This is from Randymon's post regarding the new RR:

"Newbies: those of you who have not enjoyed the pleasure of staying with us yet, will be entitled to our Trading Places program during your first stay."
    Last edited by Coloradojuli; March 21st, 2011 at 08:47 PM.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Bart and Bug you are incorrect in stating that newbies can not take advantage of the Trading Places option. This is from Randymon's email regarding the new RR:

"Newbies: those of you who have not enjoyed the pleasure of staying with us yet, will be entitled to our Trading Places program during your first stay."
    Okay, I stand corrected. I was trying to remember what Randymon posted and had somehow interjected the word "not" into the Trading Places line in my mind. I guess all the time under the old RR program has warped my sense of reality. Sorry for the misinformation. Okay newbies...enjoy your visits!!!

Bart & Bug