Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Help! Has anyone ever been bumped? :(

We booked and paid for our April return to CN back in early January....and I've been anxiously watching the countdown clock on my pc since then...as of right now we have 36 days, 10 hours, 47 mins and 58 seconds)...we absolutely loved our last trip in April 2009...and yesterday we got a call from our travel agent...Couples has overbooked and they have offered up a transfer to SS, a room upgrade, a credit and 3 nights at CN through 2012....all which is very generous...but we want to be at CN. Is there anyone I can beg and plead with. Has anyone else had this happen I don't want to be a downer but I need help...I need to return to CN....any suggestions would greatly be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Cheri View Post
    We booked and paid for our April return to CN back in early January....and I've been anxiously watching the countdown clock on my pc since then...as of right now we have 36 days, 10 hours, 47 mins and 58 seconds)...we absolutely loved our last trip in April 2009...and yesterday we got a call from our travel agent...Couples has overbooked and they have offered up a transfer to SS, a room upgrade, a credit and 3 nights at CN through 2012....all which is very generous...but we want to be at CN. Is there anyone I can beg and plead with. Has anyone else had this happen I don't want to be a downer but I need help...I need to return to CN....any suggestions would greatly be appreciated
    That sucks! Can you say "no, thanks"? Maybe they can try to offer the upgrade/credit to someone else who booked the same time as you? Hope it works out!

Ok...I talked to my travel agent and it was their intermediary (I don't know if I spelled that right ) that was trying to bump us....not Couples and she got it all worked out so we will be at CN April 21-26 Hooray!!!

When COR was soon to be renovated (into CTI) we had booked to be there the last day before closing. We loved CTI and wanted to be there to say farewell to the old COR. Well, it ended up closing early for other reasons and we got bumped to CN. We had never been there at the time and really weren't sure about it. Our fears were put to rest when we arrived and now we've been back 4 times. We still love CTI and CSS, but for us, CN is a better fit. You may find that CSS is better for you. Don't worry, it'll give you a chance to check out CSS and I'm sure you'll love it. You could also do trading places and check out CTI if you haven't already been there.

If it's just an "offer" to switch, turn it down. I'm sure they've "offered" it to many others who will be glad to take advantage of CSS AND 3 free nights at CN.

CSS is a wonderful, beautiful and magical resort. If you've ever thought of trying out another Couples resort, this is a perfect opportunity to do so. PLUS 3 free nights at CN ($1000-$1200 value) for your next trip!

We've stayed at CN 4 times and love it. We've also stayed at CSS and are returning there in Sept. We also just returned from CTI and had a fabulous time and will return there next year. I don't think you can go wrong as long as you're at a Couples Resort
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 13
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

Ouch...I gotta tell you a transfer to another resort might not be to my liking either. The offer is generous but getting time off work to go again may be difficult for some and honestly CSA is the only resort I have the desire to visit. For me it would take a credit of equal nights at the resort I had originally booked so I could return there...I figure it's still gonna cost me airfare to get back and take the trip that I had been looking forward to and intending to take. I don't know, what do you do? Can you contact Couples directly or have your TA do it and see if they offer up something that makes this more palatable for you?

This has never happened to us in our 18 trips to the various Couples Resorts, but we always book directly with Couples.

Can you change your dates of travel? If you can, perhaps you'll be able to find availability at CN.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Tell them you want CSA. Both in Negril and as far as I can tell, right next to each other

We recently returned from CTI and learned from a few couples that had arrived to the Couples Lounge at the airport only to find out that CN and CSA were overbooked so they were shipped off to CTI. They weren't pleased, and frankly if it were me I would have been extremely upset. I truly don't understand how overbooking can happen. Either you have space or you don't.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Default Bumped

Twice we have received a printed note slipped under our door stating that they have overbooked our room catagory for some reason and offered a deal if we would volunteer to move. One was from CSS to CTI and another time to a non-Couples resort. We took them up on each offer and scored some free nights and had a chance to visit two new places. We would do it again depending on the offer and the resort. It was nice to have the option and not be required to leave!

i did read about this happening to others after they got there and they were not happy!! some of them had to move to cs! this will be our first time in july and im like you i like couples negril cause of their location and tropical feel!

Is this really true??
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by gravysgal View Post
    We recently returned from CTI and learned from a few couples that had arrived to the Couples Lounge at the airport only to find out that CN and CSA were overbooked so they were shipped off to CTI. They weren't pleased, and frankly if it were me I would have been extremely upset. I truly don't understand how overbooking can happen. Either you have space or you don't.
    I have noticed that other travel websites do not update their availability for days after a room actually sells out. If that happens when a resort is almost at capacity they could easily overbook the whole resort rather than just one room category. I noticed this last year when trying to book an Atrium for April. They sold out while I was in the middle of booking and comparing prices on the different sites. I called Couples and they said they those rooms were indeed sold out but the other websites were still selling them for days after I called. Plenty of people could have booked through those sites during that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheri View Post
    Ok...I talked to my travel agent and it was their intermediary (I don't know if I spelled that right ) that was trying to bump us....not Couples and she got it all worked out so we will be at CN April 21-26 Hooray!!!
    we will be there 19-26 see ya at the pool

I went through an online TA be cause it was slightly cheaper than Couples. Once I made the reservation, I called Couples and asked if they had my reservation; they did not. I had to call and ask the TA to do a by name reservation for me so that I could be sure that I had a room. It took several days but Couples finally had me in their system. Perhaps that is what everyone needs to do if using a TA. You would think giving the resort your information would be automatic, but apparrantly not...

I wish I was going in April (rather than June); I would give you my room at CN for the offer.

But, it would be hard not going to CN when you planned on it! Hope it works out the way you want it to.

This scares me...not getting what you booked.

We have booked CN for Sept 10-17 and since we booked & put down the $400 deposit 6 months in advance I sure hope we get what we paid for. For next year too. Sept 8-15, 2012.

Can someone from Couples pelase comment on this?

Betty

I am terrified this is going to happen to us in May! We booked CSA for May 22-28th which is now sold out! We used our travel agent who booked us thru Delta Vacations. Our friends who are going with us booked thru an online agency. I do not want to get bumped at all but if it happens the only other couples I would want to go to is CTI and of course we want to be at the same resort as our friends!

We volunteered to go to CN for 2 days due to overbooking at CSA. Yes we received free days for doing it, and it was our decision. I am sure they would have just kept asking people, until they find someone who is willing to take the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by BettyinToronto View Post
    This scares me...not getting what you booked.

We have booked CN for Sept 10-17 and since we booked & put down the $400 deposit 6 months in advance I sure hope we get what we paid for. For next year too. Sept 8-15, 2012.

Can someone from Couples pelase comment on this?

Betty
    Don't worry Betty, you booked for the off season. The resort will not be overbooked in September.

I would have said..."throw in a massage and some wine and where do I sign!"

Scheiso, did you know about this before you arrived? I am super down for a deal.

We got bumped for our recent April trip to CN. We had booked it back in January, then got a call less than 3 weeks from our arrival and told the resort was overbooked. We had two options, cancel and rebook or go to CSS. They said it was an upgrade - not to us. We prefer CN that's why we book there. I was pretty disappointed but we went anyway and overall had a good time but we don't want that to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    Is this really true??
    yes really michael. This has happened on and off as long as we have been going. This is one of the many reasons that saving a 100 bucks with a TA might not be the better deal.

Irie at CN,
    Please tell me you booked from a TA and NOT Couples!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast