Default CSA Or CTI...Help Me Decide Please!

Hubby and I have been to CSA and CSS.
    We did the trading places last trip 8/10 and went to CTI.
    I know there are several variables at play here...
    ~location
    ~beach
    ~travel time from airport
    ~included excursions
    ~privacy
    ~activities
    Any input would be much appreciated!
    I think hubby is leaning towards CTI, tho I still can't decide! Just like a woman, eh? lol

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Hubby and I have been to CSA and CSS.
    We did the trading places last trip 8/10 and went to CTI.
    I know there are several variables at play here...
    ~location
    ~beach
    ~travel time from airport
    ~included excursions
    ~privacy
    ~activities
    Any input would be much appreciated!
    I think hubby is leaning towards CTI, tho I still can't decide! Just like a woman, eh? lol
    Since you've been to three of the four, why not try CN?

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

You list the variables but you don't really say what is important to you about them.

Location...is it the town that is important or the beach location or what about the location of each is important?

Beach...what do you want in a beach? CTI has a private beach, CSA is on Seven Mile Beach which is public. We liked that because we could go for long walks but you do have some traffic from vendors and other resort guests...we didn't find this to be bothersome as the vendors readily take no for an answer and everyone is required to stay at the waters edge and keep moving. CTI beach would be quieter and have a more secluded feel since it's private.

Travel time from airport...to some it's insignificant in light of the whole trip. It's a matter of 15-30 minutes depending on traffic so probably shouldn't be factor in choosing your destination but perhaps it is for you?

Included excursions...have you read that they are eliminating the horseback riding in August? You don't say when you are going or if this is something you would want to do. What do you WANT...go to the resort web pages to see what excursions are available and included for each.
    http://www.couples.com/12sw/23incSW.htm
    http://www.couples.com/11or/13incOcho.htm

Privacy...in your room, on the beach, in general? At CSA the rooms are arranged in little bungalows with foliage between so it feels very private and small. The beach is as I mentioned above, not really "private" but it's you aren't sitting on top of each other as far as other guests. There aren't little alcoves or hideaways like I've heard described at CSS.

Activities lists can also be found on the web page for each resort.
    http://www.couples.com/12sw/29CSAactivities.htm
    http://www.couples.com/11or/19CORactivities.htm

We haven't officially stayed at CTI.
    Also, hubby told me the other night that he just wanted a great bar to sit at & drink during the day..lol
    ty!

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Oh, and just haven't been really all that interested in CN :dunno:

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

So of the four, you're only really considering three. And you've been to all three, but never actually stayed at CTI. You have the variables clearly listed.

You haven't actually asked a question, so I'm really not getting what you're looking to find out. Sorry... It seems like you have all the information you should need to make a decision.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Hubby also says he wants to see beach and not foliage.

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

[QUOTE=sherrynchuck;119276]You list the variables but you don't really say what is important to you about them.

Location...is it the town that is important or the beach location or what about the location of each is important?

Beach...what do you want in a beach? CTI has a private beach, CSA is on Seven Mile Beach which is public. We liked that because we could go for long walks but you do have some traffic from vendors and other resort guests...we didn't find this to be bothersome as the vendors readily take no for an answer and everyone is required to stay at the waters edge and keep moving. CTI beach would be quieter and have a more secluded feel since it's private.

Travel time from airport...to some it's insignificant in light of the whole trip. It's a matter of 15-30 minutes depending on traffic so probably shouldn't be factor in choosing your destination but perhaps it is for you?

Included excursions...have you read that they are eliminating the horseback riding in August? You don't say when you are going or if this is something you would want to do. What do you WANT...go to the resort web pages to see what excursions are available and included for each.
    http://www.couples.com/12sw/23incSW.htm
    http://www.couples.com/11or/13incOcho.htm

ty sherrynchuck!

As for privacy...beach, really.

Location...I think how quickly to get there & beach.

Beach...hubby likes the privacy, as do I. I do remember that difference in CSA. Hubby was like we are on vaca, I don't want to be bothered.

Travel time from airport...yeah, for us travel time is big for me b/c we can't stay too long b/c of having a 6 y/o at home the grandparents in their 70s are overseeing!

Included excursions...hubby says the horseback riding isn't a big deal to him, tho I think it would be neat to do before we don't have the opportunity to do so, ya know?

I have looked and compared the activities, etc, but am still torn! lol

ty for your input!

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    We haven't officially stayed at CTI.
    Also, hubby told me the other night that he just wanted a great bar to sit at & drink during the day..lol
    ty!
    CTI has the swim up bar at the new pool, the swim up bar at the island and the main bar steps away from the main pool, which also tends to be the quiet pool now and is great for lounging on a floaty and they will bring your drink to you at pool's edge. AHHHH can't wait!
    Vicky

I've been to both and hands down I would pick CSA. Now if the hotel feel of a resort is to your liking and you like a cozy resort--everything is very condensed--then CTI would be the way to go. I just found myself walking thru buildings a lot to get to places. I like strolling across CSA's property. Totally different surroundings, beach, rooms, etc. Good luck deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandKelli View Post
    So of the four, you're only really considering three. And you've been to all three, but never actually stayed at CTI. You have the variables clearly listed.

You haven't actually asked a question, so I'm really not getting what you're looking to find out. Sorry... It seems like you have all the information you should need to make a decision.
    I apologize for being unclear. These days my thoughts are all over! lol

Hopefully what I wrote in my last post helps.

We are only considering CSA, CTI. We visited CTI on our last stay, which was CSS on August 2010.

It does seem that I should be able to decide! I was just hoping for more insight on anything I may have missed.

Thanks again!

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

It was a bit windy at CTI when we did Trading Places last August, though hubby said he really enjoyed the beach bar there.
    So, it looks like booking a premier suite at CTI this time!
    Thanks to everyone for your input!

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I think it was called the Seaside Bar...

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

You WON'T regret choosing CTI. It's been our home since 2001 because of the amazing staff. CSS is now our second home, we stayed there 3 years ago when CTI was still closed for repairs. We did a split this year and are booked for the same next January. But we'll ALWAYS spend more nights at CTI

Were y'all bothered at all by the wind at CTI?

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Not a problem with wind at CTi usually. You picked the best Resort.

CTI..Couples Tower Isle is a very good choice.
    My wife Peggy and I really enjoy CTI.

Hugs from 10 0 C

Thanks everyone for your priceless advice!

CSS 2010
    CN 2011