Thread: Margaritaville

Default Margaritaville

Just wondering what the visit to margaritaville is all about.

Dont buy drinks there unless you want to pay $$. I suggest you have a drink before you walk over. To be honest, we walked on beach, walked in, looked around then came back, it was not as BIG of a deal than I thought. I enjoyed Ricks better.

Quote Originally Posted by MRJS View Post
    You visit Margaritaville.

If you like rap music, hip hop and high drink prices, you will like the place. Total waste of time and money IMO

Three of us walked down the beach one day...3 drinks @ Margaritaville = $25.00 + tip - Enough said!

If you are going to Negril, I know from experience that CN has a sunset bar tour, when I was there it was on Friday evening. They take you to Rockhouse at sunset for about 2 hours. The sunset is beautiful and drinks for 4, 2 drinks each (4 cosmos, 2 mojitos and two absolute rocks) was about $60.00US. The place is much more upscale and relaxing than Margaritaville. It on on the cliffs. That said Margaritaville super $$$$$$$$$.

If you are going to CTI or CSS go to Margaritaville during the day and bring your swimsuit. You can go on the shopping trip and visit it then or just take a cab into town just the 2 of you. At night it seems more like a club, but during the day it is fun. You at least have to go so you can say you have been to Margaritaville! Have fun!
    Brandi

It's a chain you can visit in airports...why oh why would anyone do this?

Don't bother...we tell everyone every year and everybody always wishes they would have listened. I agree...do the sunset bar. We actually ate at Rockhouse one night because we went to a concert close by and the Rockhouse will pick you up from your hotel for free so since it wasn't the night Couples did the sunset bar, it saved us a cab fare. The food was quite good and the price very reasonable. I had three drinks...my hubby 2 and we both had dinner and the total was like $75. You can go to Margarittaville in the airport before you go home if you feel the need

Which resort are you going to? If you are going to CSA and you really want to see it but don't want to pay the high price just walk down the beach during the day and you'll get your fill. If you are facing the beach go to the left, depending how fast you walk it's a 5-10 minute walk.

We went to CSA last June and wanted something to do at night bc there didnt seem to be many activities at night so we walked down to Margaritaville. It was fairly safe, never felt like we wld get robbed or anything but we did get approached a few times asking if we wanted to buy. Anyway, we probably got there around 8 p.m. during a weeknight and it was completely dead. Maybe one other couple there. We both bought t-shirts and loved them but the drinks sucked and were expensive. So IMO, good place to buy some shirts and thats all def not entertainment, at least during the weeknights.

interesting.
    MouLouHill

Default Margaritaville

Quote Originally Posted by MRJS View Post
    1 Red Stripe and 1 Dirty Banana cost $13.75 plus tip! Nice to say we were there but will NEVER go back. The bar next door had Red Stripes for 200 Jamaican. Not sure but about 3 bucks I think.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!