Default A booking question

We are thinking of booking our return for Feb 2012 before the rates potentially go up April 1. My wife is a teacher and we go on her vacation week. The 2012 school calendar has not been released as of yet so we are not sure which week she will have off. Some years it's week 8 some years week 9. My question is if we don't find out before we book and we choose the wrong week is it a big deal to adjust the booking to the correct week. We won't book the air until later so it is just the resort.

CSA Feb 2010
    CTI Feb 2011
    CN Feb 2012 (thats the plan!)

Why don't you make 2 reservation, one for each week under the Love Away plan. This way you could cancel the one reservation the week your wife is still in school. This way, you lock in the old rates.

That is what we always do for our May vacation. We'll probably book for May 2012 this month.

We book through Couples for this very reason. As long as they have the rooms available, you keep the same # of nights, and the same room category, they shouldn't have any issues adjusting your dates by a few days (or a week) one way or the other. Oh... you have to be in the same "season" too. (Like high, moderate, low.)
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

We have had to change our travel dates last year and this year and the rate didn't change.

Hi Jeff-

We enjoyed meeting you & Dawn at CTI a few weeks ago! Glad to see you're going to try another Couples Resort!

We've gone through the same thing as you're questioning....changing dates at the same resort. Here is what we've learned....

As long as you stay at the same resort as you originally book, you keep any perks that were included. If you change resorts, you lose those perks. If your new dates fall into a different time frame, you pay those current rates. For example, your original booking was for the end of April and you move it up to Valentine's week, you'll pay the increased rate for that time period. If you change your dates to the fall, you'd pay the lesser rate for that time period.

Hope that makes sense! Have a great time at CN.

Jane & Jim from Iowa
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 14
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

It's not a big deal to switch weeks, but you will pay the current rate at the time of your booking.

FYI - The current sale ends March 18th. Randymon change the dates about a week ago.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I have heard it both ways. When I made a reservation by phone they were very careful to tell me that if I changed my dates at all I would be making a new reservation and would lose the old rate and promotion. I talked to two people about two different reservations and they both said that same thing. Others on here have said the opposite and that people on the phone have said they can change dates or that they have successfully don it though so I don't know what to think.

One option might be to book two reservations with the Loveaway Plan so you only pay a $100 deposit and then $100 a month for each reservation. Then you can cancel the one that you don't need as soon as you figure it out.

The 2012 rates change on March 31st as per Randymon's post:

"Greetings - The March 18 deadline is for travel up to December 25, 2011.

The current booking window for 2012 (actually December 26, 2011 - December 25, 2012) expires on March 31."
    Linda

I believe the rates for 2012 travel are good until March 31. They moved up the 2011 travel deadline to Mar 18.

Hi again, Jeff-

If you'd like, I can give you the email addy of the person I deal with at Couples. She's always been very prompt & helpful at answering any questions and making our changes for us.

We actually had to change our reservation last fall from mid-Sept to end of Oct. There was no additional charge and we kept all the perks.
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 14
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

Jane & Jim... it was great seeing you as well you were a lot of fun.

Melody...
    If we were to book two weeks and then cancelled one is there any financial penalty for cancelling?

I would think your wife's school would have their new calendar soon. Ours was posted at the beginning of March as was our surrounding districts. I have not received a copy, but it on the district website.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdawnNH View Post
    Jane & Jim... it was great seeing you as well you were a lot of fun.

Melody...
    If we were to book two weeks and then cancelled one is there any financial penalty for cancelling?
    I don't know the exact details anymore but it's on the website somewhere. You have until 46 days prior to arrival to cancel without any penalty. They issue a full refund by mail I believe. This only works for the hotel portion of the bill but you wouldn't be buying your airfare right now anyway so you would be fine. After 46 days (maybe at 30) you can cancel but you lose some amount of money that I can't remember. Since you are talking about travel in 2012 you should be fine. You should know which one you need to cancel before summer and that's way more than 46 days from the date of travel.