Default CTI questions for a first timer!!!

We booked an Ocean Jr. Suite for our honeymoon in October. And we have a couple questions...

*Does the Ocean Jr. have BOTH a shower and a tub?? (I have to have my showers!)-if not, how do you request a room with a shower?

*Do you have to make reservations at any of the restaurants? Or can you walk right in and expect a seat right away?

*Sunscreen-how much is enough!?! I never use sunscreen in good ole Iowa (although that has come back to bite me in the butt with a few good sunburns throughout the years). But we are definately going to be using it in paradise because we do NOT want to miss out on anything while being miserable with a burn!
    2 spay cans enough for 2 people - 5 days?

Thank you for your help...and I am sure I will think of more. I like to be prepared!!

Quote Originally Posted by DavenRach View Post
    *Does the Ocean Jr. have BOTH a shower and a tub?? (I have to have my showers!)-if not, how do you request a room with a shower? Yes they all have showers so you are set!

*Do you have to make reservations at any of the restaurants? Or can you walk right in and expect a seat right away? Only certain restaurants require reservations, the rest you can walk in at any time. Bayside, Verandah and 8 Rivers all require reservations. We are notorious for waiting until the day of to make reservations and have never had a problem getting something.

*Sunscreen-how much is enough!?! I never use sunscreen in good ole Iowa (although that has come back to bite me in the butt with a few good sunburns throughout the years). But we are definately going to be using it in paradise because we do NOT want to miss out on anything while being miserable with a burn!
    2 spay cans enough for 2 people - 5 days? No, 2 spray cans is not nearly enough!! For one, those sprays don't last very long. My husband can go through 2 by himself in 3 days - but he burns easily. I, on the other hand tan very easily and get super dark, and I still bring a lot of sunscreen. Once I think I have enough, I add an extra bottle. For the 2 of us, on this year's trip I took 4 spray cans of SPF30, one bottle of 15, an SPF30 face stick and my oil. We used all of the cans but still had some of the rest left. They have it at the gift shop if you need more, but it's pretty expensive.

Thank you for your help...and I am sure I will think of more. I like to be prepared!! I hope this helps! You will LOVE CTI!!!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DavenRach View Post
    We booked an Ocean Jr. Suite for our honeymoon in October. And we have a couple questions...

*Does the Ocean Jr. have BOTH a shower and a tub?? (I have to have my showers!)-if not, how do you request a room with a shower? All the rooms have showers, but not all have tubs.

*Do you have to make reservations at any of the restaurants? Or can you walk right in and expect a seat right away? Reservations are needed for Bayside and 8 Rivers. You can just walk up to the Verandah and obviously the buffet. You may have a short wait at the Verandah, but it is usually only a few minutes and there are chairs to sit in to wait.

2 spay cans enough for 2 people - 5 days? If you are using the aerosol spray you will go through a lot. I personally don't like it as when I see people use it, I see more go in the air than on the person. I am dark complected, tan easily and still use sunscreen in Jamaica. We take different levels for different days into the vacation and different parts of the body--tops of feet, shoulders get higher level. The major thing is to apply before you get to the beach or pool and reapply often EVEN if it is waterproof. We put on sunscreen before we go down to breakfast which is also a good idea if you are using the aerosol as it won't blow in the wind, but you will want to stand on a towel or your floor will get slippery.

Thank you for your help...and I am sure I will think of more. I like to be prepared!!
    I hope this helps.
    Vicky

From the write up and looking at the new panoramic pictures, it's either bath and shower or jacuzzi. I would suggest you e-mail couples or have your TA do it if you booked through a TA.
    Reservations for 8 rivers and Bayside can be made at the desk near reception (in the past we have been able to make same day reservations for the late sitting). As far a s sun screen, take a high factor(15). 2 may be enough but the shop has it also, so you can buy more. Take a good aftersun also, you do not want to burn and the sun is strong. 59 days to go, see you there.

showers yes
    8 rivers is the one you do need a reservation too.
    2 cans should do it if not you can get more in the gift shop. we live in des moines,ia we stuck with an spf 6 and were fine.

we just celebrated our 10 year anniv. at CTI you might want to check into the private beach dinner it is amazing!!

Great questions! I want to now the answers too!

You will almost always have a shower and from what I've seen they are all the zero edge showers now.

Dinner reservations are only made for Bayside and 8 Rivers.

Sunscreen is a MUST!! The sun is definitely hotter in Jamaica. You will need to bump up your SPF for the first day or so (IMHO) and then go from there. 2 cans is not enough. That stuff doesn't go as far as you think. I would bring three cans a piece if I were you. The breeze tends to carry it away. Also, please do not use it in the room, it makes a nasty film on the tile and is extremely hard to clean up.

You will LOVE CTI. I hope your trip is amazing!!!!
    Kristen

"The breeze tends to carry it away. Also, please do not use it in the room, it makes a nasty film on the tile and is extremely hard to clean up."

Kristen,

On the other hand, if you are using it outside, make sure that it doesn't blow on the couples sitting next to you. I have seen this happen at the pool.
    Vicky