Thread: Minibar at CSS

Default Minibar at CSS

I just read a review on TripAdvisor dated Mar 16 and though these folks didn't seem to have a fantastic time, they did rate the resort fairly highly. My issue was a statement about the minibar in the room and I quote, ``The mini bar was an issue - it was not easy to get it stocked (and we don't drink alcohol). On the other hand, the charges for the minibar were minimal from our perspective.`` According to the all-inclusive list, the daily restocking of the minibar is free. What charges could they be referring to. Just thought I`d ask.

I can't imagine what they are talking about. We stayed at CSS in '08 & '09 so, unless something has changed since then (I highly doubt that) they are not being truthful. There is no charge for the mini bar and it is restocked daily....with a smile.
    The bar is stocked prior to your arrival with a variety of liquor, soda, juice, water etc. They will leave a card on top of the bar for you to fill in any items you may want that is not already stocked. They will replenish what you drink each day...all included, no extra charge. It's all IRIE MON!!!

There are no charges for the minibar, unless you order an upgraded wine. You have to be careful of some of those Trip Advisor write ups.
    "Once you go...you know"
    Steve

There is no charge for "Mini Bars" @ CSS. They are stocked w/ two each of Red Stripe, Regular & Diet Soda, Ting, Water, and various juices. They restock these items on a daily basis.

There is a order form to request other items (such as rum, gin, seltzer, tonic, wine, sparkling wine). Fill this out each morning and it will be there waiting for you in the afternoon. Like the regular items there is no charge.

It's simple and easy to do.

Don't know. We have never been charged for the Mini-bar.
    Linda

that is a bogus comment in the review... your mini bar stocking is all included and they provide a list of items available and you check off what you'd like in your mini bar during your stay. Again, everything really is included, including the items in the minibar.

Hello tobewed,
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I just read that post on TA as well. I don't know what they were talking about. There is no charge to restock your mini-bar. There could be a charge if you wanted a premium wine--but since they claim to be non-drinkers, I can't imagine what they could have been charged for.

I also thought the post was odd because he referred to the fact that CSS is not compliant with the ADA--the Americans with Disabilities Act. CSS does not have to comply with the ADA because it is in Jamaica! I found that post to completely incorrect, so I disregarded it.

My husband and I have 3 trips planned back to CSS-July 2011 for my 50th birthday, Dec-Jan 2011 for New Years Eve and then back again in July 2012. We love CSS!

All the best to you and your future bride!
    suzyQ

That entire review was negative. Now that we are talking about the mini bars, I was looking at the pictures on the websites of the rooms, and I did not see a fridge. Is there fridge in the rooms as well as the mini bar. I am assuming yes.

No charge for the mini bar when we were there in December. My only domplaint was that I could have used more Ting. I can't get enough of that stuff!!!!

Were there last weeek of Feb. The policy now is you have to request
    bottles of liquor and mixers on a card. There is only Pepsi, water and Carib upon arrival.They no longer offer bottles of red or white wine and will bring a carage to your room. No charge.

The only thing I can think of as far as stocking would be that they didn't fill out the card daily. There is a list on or near your mini bar that you fill out EVERY DAY with your requests for that day. The first day we were there I thought to fill it out since there were some things we wanted that weren't in the fridge. The next day I just kind-of assumed they'd restock with the same stuff...duh, not so smart on my part. After that I caught on that you have to fill it out every day, as long as we did that they restocked in the afternoon with everything we asked...I think one day I asked for more Ting than would fit so we got one less than I asked for but I ain't complainin' about that! That's the only reason I can think of for having "trouble" getting a fridge or mini bar stocked and that would be their own fault.

I agree with the others that some of the trip advisor reviews are a little suspect. The contents of the mini bar and fridge are included in your package so this minimal charge is a mystery...unless they ordered something special as someone speculated. As I recall if it's on that list it was free.

Quote Originally Posted by kycouple View Post
    No charge for the mini bar when we were there in December. My only domplaint was that I could have used more Ting. I can't get enough of that stuff!!!!
    My husband talked to the mini-bar guy and asked for more of what we liked and we got it. We love Ting, too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grayturtless View Post
    That entire review was negative. Now that we are talking about the mini bars, I was looking at the pictures on the websites of the rooms, and I did not see a fridge. Is there fridge in the rooms as well as the mini bar. I am assuming yes.
    Your assumption is correct