Hybrid View

Default CSA Private Dinner?

Hello Everyone,

Is there a place to see what the menu is? Or do you make your own menu? Is it really worth the money? Sorry for some questions but just looking for some information Also, is there a way to sign up for the privat dinner ahead of time?

Thank you so much!

- Brooke

Default dinner

I email the romance concierge and they got back to me within a day. they will be able to send you a menu and a form to fill out and fax back to book it.

The private dinners looked nice, but do not think it's worth the money.
    CN-July 2006
    CSA-July 2009
    CSA-July 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow you may die.

Brooke,

You do get to design your own menu, based on the selections that they provide. I, also, believe that you can plan it before hand. If, I'm wrong someone will correct me. LOL

I'm sure Amy will respond to this message, as to whether or not it is worth it, according to her, it was awesome!!!
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    I'm sure Amy will respond to this message, as to whether or not it is worth it, according to her, it was awesome!!!
    Kristen - You know me so well!

I surprised my husband with a private dinner a few trips back at CTI. And to us, yes it was worth the $150!! It's not something I'd do every trip, but it's great for a special occasion.

You can email the resort or the romance concierge ahead of time (which I did) but they technically don't book it until you arrive and confirm. So it's up to you. If it were me, I'd wait until you get to the resort and check out the weekly schedule so you can decide which night you want to have it.

The menu is pre-set, though they will check with you prior to make sure it's okay and if you have any special dietary needs. It's typically filet and lobster, but we go in April when lobster is out of season, so we had prawn.

At the table, we each had a menu that was rolled up and tied with string. When we opened it, it had our names at the top, with the date and had hearts all over it. The perfect souvenir for framing. Here's what our meal was:

Appetizer: scallop ceviche served with papaya vinaigrette
    Soup: Jamaican pumpkin soup enchanted with aged rum
    Salad: exotic lettuce accompanied with herbed goat cheese and lychees honeyed vinaigrette
    Entree: petit filet mignon accompanied with sambucca flavored tiger prawns dijonaise and cognac sauces
    Dessert: east meets west chocolate desire

We also had our own server, who got us anything we wanted from the bar and made sure our wine glasses were never empty.

Now, we were just at CSA this past April and noticed that on several nights, they had multiple private dinners set up on the beach. One thing that they did not have that we did, was the white canopy over the table. Instead, at CSA, each dinner was surrounded by copper tiki torches.

I hope this helps!
    Last edited by Amy; November 7th, 2009 at 09:06 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

We got back a month again from CSA and the beach dinner was SOOO SOOOO worth it. SOO romantic. They emailed me and gave me a choice of two different kinds of dinner. The food was hot and very good. Wine and the OMAR were just great. Never once did I feel like people were watching me, I felt like I had the beach to myself with my man. Was incredible would do it all over again. Jane

Thanks you guys!

I had a suprise private dinner for set up on Valentines Day at CSA...they were really busy due to the holiday so we had to wait a little bit (actually like 45 minutes) which spoiled the suprise. Also I had requested a vegetarian meal for my bf but they never got the message (even though I confirmed this several times). But they did go out of their way to cook something special for him and everything was fine! I would totally do it again...just not on a romantic holiday Our server was amazing. I really hope Rodon (sp?) is still there this December! Even with a couple hiccups it was totally romantic and very special!!!!! A night we will never forget

Like Amy said, it's not something that I would do every trip but we celebrated our anniversary at CSS and had it at the wedding gazebo.I chose from about 3 or 4 different menues and it was very nice, totally worth it IMO.

On of my regets is not doing the Private dinner. It looked so so cool. I was really hoping my husband was going to surprise me with one, but nope he didnt! Wish I would have surprised him with one

Default Beach Dinner

If you are considering do the private dinner make sure and schedule it ahead of time!!!! Matt and I were really looking forward to doing this on our Honeymoon. Our wedding party got together and gave us extra money on the Honeymoon Wishes website just so we could do this.
    We asked our travel agent if we needed to schedule it ahead of time, and she said no to wait until we got down there to arrange it. The day after we arrived we tried to schedule it and they we all booked up.
    Our wedding was July 25th and we were at CSA from July 27th-Aug 1st. Not enough time at all! We are already planning our second trip to CSA for next year!

What is the best night to plan a romantic dinner? We are arriving on a Friday and my husbands b-day is the following Monday...Please tell me this is a good day? :0)

Quote Originally Posted by jennafox@rogers.com View Post
    What is the best night to plan a romantic dinner? We are arriving on a Friday and my husbands b-day is the following Monday...Please tell me this is a good day? :0)
    It depends on the resort because based on the nightly schedule, they may not offer the private dinner that night. For instance, at CTI, Monday night is not only the Repeater's Dinner, but it's also the Beach Party, so Monday would probably not be an option for a private dinner.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015