Thread: Quiz

Default Quiz

Irie Everyone,

Listed below is a very common bracelet that is found from vendors on the beach. Let's see who is a true Rasta and tell everyone what the bracelet represents.

My wife and I are single digit migets -- 8 sleeps and we will be in paradise at Swept Away.

Answer the quiz here or tell me the answer when we meet on the beach.

SantaGregg
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Default Hint

81 people have viewed so far and no response. Perhaps a clue will be helpful. Tell the story based on the colors in the bracelet . Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

I think the yellow = for the sun, green = the lushness of Jamaica and the red = the blood that has been spread.
    Dianavr

Three likkle birds....
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

The green is for the color of the land, the yellow for the sun, black for the people and red for the blood that has been shed.

Red for the blood that flowed
    Yellow for the gold that they stole
    Green for the land - Africa
    Black for the people - beautiful

Green, for the lush land of Jamaica
    Yellow for the wonderful sunshine
    Red for the suffering of Slavery
    Black, I can't remember for sure, but it is part of their flag.

Karin

I think black is for the rich soil of Jamaica
    Karin

I know red means the blood of all living things.Gold represents the treasures that people cherish. Green is for the earth. I have heard the colors have something to do with Ethiopia, and Africa, but I am not sure.

[COLOR="Black"]Each time I come to Jamaica I seek adventure through the people. To meet smile to smile gives me a warmth in my soul and I feel I have the chance to grow and learn as much as I can while walking the beaches of time. Sometimes what I learn becomes a part of my life reminding me of the wonder of it all.
    I had hoped that someone would have seen these beads and had met the gentleman that gave them to me almost 7 years ago.
    It has been 2 years since I walked the beach in Negril – I sincerely hope I see my friend in my travels this trip.
    Nuff said.

"DA BRACELET “
    As told by a Rasta Mon – bead dude

“Da bracelet es a island – da whole world surrounds us,
    Da island es mi home an da home of all Jamaicans,
    Da Black beads are da people of Jamaica all round dis island,
    Da Heart es the love of the Jamaican people fo da peoples of da world,
    Da Red es our blood an es da same as all mons everplace ( spreading his arms)
    (pointing to the sky) Da Yellow es da sun dat warms mi body – evermons bodys an makes everting grow.
    Da Green ( spreading his arms and pointing) es God’s plants to feed us un give us shade un shelter.”

I pointed to the silver clasps that close the bracelet and said ” OK – Do these silver things mean something too?”

“Ya mon dey do. Dey are mi an u “ --

( he held out his hand and I offered mine in a handshake )

“U see wi hold hans now an r friens now an always !!”

My friend smiled a smile from ear to ear – if I close my eyes I can see him still – and always it brings a smile to my face.
    My bracelet resides in the drawer next to my bed, In a reverent spot. I only wear it the week before I come to Jamaica, while I am in paradise and for a few short days when I return home. It is a sadness to take it off.
    Each time I see it - the story is repeated in my mind and I see my friend on the beach in the shade of his favorite tree, his spot in life. -- Looking at the waves as they wash ashore, watching the sun rise and fall, seeing evermons as they walk by and he is calling out

“Bracelets !! – Necklass !! I got da bess ones on da island und in da world !!.”
    and he does and he’s mi fren.
    SantaGregg

What a fabulous story. Brought tears to mi eyes.

Which resort was he near?
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I feel blessed hearing that story!