Default Mens Dress Code questions CTI

Hi everyone! We are headed to CTi for our first Jamaica and Couples experience in 4 days!!
    I just have a couple quick questions if anyone has a second to help me out, I would really appreciate it!!

Mens dress code: I've read what the website has to say about the mens dress code for dinner, but my question is about shoes. My husband doesn't own any shoes except flip-flops, tennis shoes, and work boots. Can he get away with a nice pair of tennis shoes? He has some that are not necessarily "gym" shoes, but still pumas... I've thought about getting him a pair of sanuks, but I'm not sure if even those will pass?

Trading Places Reward: Since this is our first time will we be eligible to visit CSS? We are enrolled in Romance Rewards so my understanding is yes, but I'm unclear. Would anyone recommend visiting the other resort? Are they that much different?

I'm so so so excited it's ridiculous! I've been reading this message board for awhile, and I have to say, you guys sure make it sound like paradise!

Thanks for your input!

Hey we will be there Thursday!! I really doubt anyone will say anything if he wears his Puma's. I was so worried our first trip about all the rules people talk about on this messageboard. When we got there it was NO WORRIES NO WORRIES NO WORRIES. I'm not saying not to be respectful but you will find it is a VERY laid back resort. They dont have bouncers that kick you out if you aren't dressed appropriate No one will notice his feet.

If this is your fist time I would stay at CTI the whole trip. I would save the trading places for your next trip..there will be one promise. Just go relax and enjoy the resort. There is so much to do at CTI. Try the island at least once. If it isn't for you then leave, but it is something everyone must experience once in their life. We went the first time extremely nervous and now it is the first thing we do when we get to CTI. That is the most important advice I can give you. We have talked with so many couples that have been to CTI without going to the island. Then they tried it and kicked themselves in the butt for waiting so long. It has the best vibe with all shapes, sizes, and ages so leave all your reservations on the boat that will take you there

Closed-toe, non-athletic shoes.

Hit WalMart and buy some slip on loafers. (seriously)

Your husband can wear his tennis shoes/sneakers to all restaurants except 8 Rivers.
    He can get by with boat type casual shoes as long as they are closed toe
    You can try to wear the Puma type designer sneakers,but you mgith be turned away

If you are registered for romance rewards you can sign up for trading places and go to CSS for the day on any Mon,Weds, or Fri.

We are going to CTI from 3/21/11 to 3/30 Mybe we will catch up with you there
    \We are Maxine amd Rich from Long Island, NY
    Email us directly @ richli2@aol.com

We've seen several men turned away from 8 Rivers the last two years for wearing jeans and/or tennis shoes.

Even if your husband isn't a dress shoes kind of guy, go buy a cheap pair at Walmart or Payless or something. You've spent all this money for an incredible vacation. What's another $20 to take away the worry factor and ensure you get to enjoy everything CTI has to offer?

(Personally, I would feel under-dressed and self-conscious if I were eating at 8 Rivers while wearing tennis shoes - even if it were allowed. It's the kind of place you WANT to dress up for.)

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

You guys should definitley try out CTI. You never know, you might want to go to CTI for your next trip! We normally do the trading places in the middle of our trip. You guys will have an amazing time!
    Brandi

He will be turned away at 8 Rivers if he does not have on closed-toe dress shoes or closed-toe sandals. You should be able to find an inexpensive pair at Wal-Mart or the likes. Plus, you will want to return to Couples and will already have them for your next trip.

Unlike Jamaican352005, I do suggest that you take a day and go over to CSS. It is a beautiful resort and it just might give you a hankerin to go there for your next vacation.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Richli2 View Post
    Your husband can wear his tennis shoes/sneakers to all restaurants except 8 Rivers.
    He can get by with boat type casual shoes as long as they are closed toe
    You can try to wear the Puma type designer sneakers,but you mgith be turned away

If you are registered for romance rewards you can sign up for trading places and go to CSS for the day on any Mon,Weds, or Fri.

We are going to CTI from 3/21/11 to 3/30 Mybe we will catch up with you there
    \We are Maxine amd Rich from Long Island, NY
    Email us directly @ richli2@aol.com
    Hey Rich! Have fun at CTI. We have 106 days until trip #5.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by mondayj View Post
    Hi everyone! We are headed to CTi for our first Jamaica and Couples experience in 4 days!!
    I just have a couple quick questions if anyone has a second to help me out, I would really appreciate it!!

Mens dress code: I've read what the website has to say about the mens dress code for dinner, but my question is about shoes. My husband doesn't own any shoes except flip-flops, tennis shoes, and work boots. Can he get away with a nice pair of tennis shoes? He has some that are not necessarily "gym" shoes, but still pumas... I've thought about getting him a pair of sanuks, but I'm not sure if even those will pass?

Trading Places Reward: Since this is our first time will we be eligible to visit CSS? We are enrolled in Romance Rewards so my understanding is yes, but I'm unclear. Would anyone recommend visiting the other resort? Are they that much different?

I'm so so so excited it's ridiculous! I've been reading this message board for awhile, and I have to say, you guys sure make it sound like paradise!

Thanks for your input!
    No need to spend big money on shoes for hubby, but the host seating you will notice if he isn't wearing the proper footwear at 8 Rivers. I picked up a pair of loafer style boat shoes for hubby at Shoe Carnival clearance for $15 for last years trip. Funny thing is now they get lots of wear and I am going to have to get him another pair. He wears only steel toes and athletics and golf shoes.

Yes, you are eligible for the Trading Places. It goes MWF can't remember the times, but think it's about 9:30-4. It's a good chance to see the property to determine if you want to stay. We have been for 2 visits and it confirmed for us that CTI was our home. CSS is VERY different from CTI in the sense that all the rooms are suites, the property is very spread out with lots of steps. If you like to sunbathe nude, their facility is nice in that it has a larger pool, and a nice beach,but the river empties out at the beach and there is a public beach across the river.

Hope this helps!
    Vicky

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated
    Looks like we'll be hitting up wal-mart for some loafers! haha

Rich - maybe we'll see you guys there We get in on the 22nd. We are John and Monday (yes, just like the day of the week) from Texas! yee-haw