Thread: CTI Beach

Default CTI Beach

We have planned a visit to CTI and I was wondering just how small the beach is. Does it get crowded or do you have try to get to the beach early to get a chair?

No need to get to the beach early. The resort is spread out nice enough that there are people on the island, at the swim-up pool/bar, at the main pool, and the beach. All Couples resorts are wonderful that way. A spot for everyone.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Never had a problem getting a chair - we were there at 80% occupancy and the crowd evenly splits between the pools, island and beach. Only drawback to the beach is that its not conducive to long walks.

We could not find an empty chair on the beach one day when we were there. The island was closed and all of the chairs at the main pool and on the beach had either a towel or a person. Most had only a towel.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

From the pier over towrds Bayside the beach stretches for about 150 to 175 yards. We never had any trouble finding loungers and it never felt crowded. And this even with some of the beach "unusable" during our visit because of erosion from Tropical Storm/Hurricane Tomas last November.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Okay Wally, did u really have a problem? Or was it that u were not a CN with the long beach and CTI seemed like a pond in comparison? (lol)
    Terry & Tonia Collins

I haven't had Wally's problem in 7 trips. Not saying it doesn't happen, as it obviously did, but it is an exception not the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    We could not find an empty chair on the beach one day when we were there. The island was closed and all of the chairs at the main pool and on the beach had either a towel or a person. Most had only a towel.
    I think the key is the island being closed. When we were there it was peak time (over New Year), so I blamed that for it getting quite busy on the beach and sometimes difficult to find a chair... if you came later in the morning or the afternoon. However, at that time the island was mostly closed due to dock repair and/or red flag weather, so all those "islanders" had to keep their clothes on and hang with us. I can see that it probably wouldn't usually be a problem.