Thread: Flight service

Default Flight service

Hi everyone!
    I believe this question was asked in another thread but I don't think an answer was provided. Sorry if I missed it!! We're using the intra-island flight service next week to get from Mo Bay to Negril and we're wondering if we have to let Couples know ourselves that we're not taking the shuttle or if the flight service will let them know. If we have to notify Couples does anyone know who we should contact? For the people who have used the flight service recently, what did you end up doing?
    Also, if Couples is aware we're using the flight service will they automatically send a van over to get us at the airstrip?

Thanks for your help! Counting down the days!!
    Heather

When we took the flight from Mobay to Negril, the interisland air service called CN and told them when we were arrving. They did not send a van to pick us. You might be better off taking one of the taxi's at the Negril airstrip. CN is just across the road from the airstrip. It is about a $5. US taxi fare plus tip I have read that it is so close you can walk!
    Couples will pick you up, but you could wait quite some time

Quote Originally Posted by hrwvt View Post
    ... we're wondering if we have to let Couples know ourselves that we're not taking the shuttle ...
    You don't have to let them know but it may be nice so that they don't plan on having land transportation for you. You could inform them beforehand or upon arrival at the Couples Lounge at MBJ.

...who we should contact?
    Send them an email.

...will they automatically send a van over to get us at the airstrip?
    No. You can call for one upon arrival at the Negril Aerodrome or you can just pay for a waiting taxi.

Hi Heather,

I just read about the intra island flight service. I was wondering how much it is and how you go about booking? Also, you bring up a good question about letting Couples know. If you don't mind telling, you can send me an email at shastaangel1@gmail.com.

My husband and I are making our first trip to CSA April 19th.... so excited.

thanks,

Robin and Mark

We just told the person checking people in at the Couples Lounge that we were taking TimAir.

Do check in with the Couples Lounge to let them know you have safely arrived.

You can arrange for Couples to send a transport for you or you can pay the $5. We just paid the $5.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come