Default Reggae Marathon Weekend

Help - Second Request. Does anyone know if CSA is more crowded the week before or after the Marathon. Also, is transportation to and fro resort problematic on that day?

Hey! I'm sorry to butt in without being able to answer your question but... when I hear marathon my ears perk up! Would this be a running marathon by chance? and if so when??? I love to run marathons and running one in Jamaica would be awesome! Thanks

We have been at CSA both the week before and the week after the marathon and it is usually equally as busy depending on the year. I was told once that the weekend after the marathon and that next week is usually a slower week. Travel on the day of the marathon can be tricky depending on what time you are arriving on Saturday. From my recollection, the street is closed off in the morning and then is completely open by noon. I was there in 2003 for a friend's wedding, and they had a couple staying at CN that needed to be brought by boat to CSA for their wedding. We were married in 2004 on that Saturday and had no problems with our guests arriving from a resort up the street. I'm not sure if they have made changes to this, though.

Yup. It's a running race. I've often thought about doing the half. (I usually run a full here in the states around the Oct/Nov timeframe, and don't really want to run another full.) From what I understand, it's an absolute BLAST and not to be missed. One of these days, I'll do the full, for sure.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

I wouldn't be concerned about the occupancy rate at the resort. Couples resorts are built and run to handle all rooms being full and yet guests never realize it because everything is handled so professionally. Go whichever week works best for you.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

OH SWEET! I've decided this is my year of races. I did the marathon and a half (goofy challenge) in Florida in Jan. I got the around the bay in 30 km on the 27th of March and the Ottawa marathon at the end of May so far! What date is the Reggae Marathon? It would be so cool to do it!

December 9th.

I'd say sign up for Marine Corp in DC, cuz it was FAB, but it's already full. Have you done Chicago? It rocks. Best race I've ever run. Such great crowd support and last year it was HOT HOT HOT. (I'm not a big fan of cold cold cold.)

Congrats on the Goofy. I'm from FL, and will never do Disney, just because of the early line-up. Sheesh.... leaving your hotel at 3am? Not! (But I'm inherently lazy.) In Chicago, we stayed walking distance from the start/finish line, and in DC, my brother lives on one of the train routes that takes you right in.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

I haven't done Chicago or DC yet. I'm from Canada and so far the only two American races have been Florida and Anchorage. I'm more of a fan of the cold cold cold! And the Ottawa one has great crowd support! Love that race. Last year it was the biggest in Canada.

Oh that was the worst part about doing the Goofy! Getting up at 2:30 am twice in a row! And I could see doing one of the races again but not the two. Been there done that...got the tee shirt and metal! LOL but its a nice excuse to go visit again. And yeah, walking distance is the best. When we do the Toronto race a friend of mine lives close enough to walk there. Its great! Looks like the race in Jamaica is in December and I'm there in October...so another year maybe.

Chicago is already full for this year, I'm in! Would love to do the race in Jamaica sometime, but the heat scares me>

I'll be running Reggae marathon as my last race of the year!! Have 11 events on the calendar so far 2011 and figured what better way to finish off the year then a fun 26.2 miles through Jamaica!!

We'll be staying at CN as I prefer CN over CSA. Anyone else??

Quote Originally Posted by Denise View Post
    I'll be running Reggae marathon as my last race of the year!! Have 11 events on the calendar so far 2011 and figured what better way to finish off the year then a fun 26.2 miles through Jamaica!!

We'll be staying at CN as I prefer CN over CSA. Anyone else??
    I just signed up for the Reggae Marathon. My wife and I are arriving on Friday and will be over at the AN beach.

oh great!! glad to know there's another marathoner at CN that week. i'll be wearing my medal proudly and drinking champagne...see you there!!

We'll be spending most of our time at the AN beach. If you don't see us there maybe we'll see you at breakfast and we can have celebration memosas.