Thread: I broke my arm!

Default I broke my arm!

On March 9th, I fell down the basement stairs and fractured my humerus bone (bone between your shoulder and elbow) in 3 places. The doctor believes it will heal without surgery. He also believes it will be healed enough for our trip to CSS in 36 days. I'm wearing a brace and arm sling. I have three small children (ages 3, 5, 7) and thankfully my mother flew back to Wisconsin from Texas to help me for a month.

I believe in the miracle of prayers, so if you are the praying kind, please say a prayer for me.

Looking forward to CSS, hoping to have my arm mobile and working b4 then.

Thank you!

Here comes a HUGE prayer for YOU!

We're praying for you!!! No fun to have a broken arm I'm sure but especially with 3 kids to run after. We'll be at CSS right before you! I'm sure a few cocktails on the beach will make you feel much better.

you still have one good drinking arm

When you take your trip (which you will with all our prayers) arrange for the airline to transport you by wheel chair thru out the airport it will make a huge difference for you going thru security checks and getting to your gate, it is so much easier than trying to haul stuff around with some residual pain and discomfort, I know been there twice with back surgery just before one trip and shoulder and knee surgery just before another.

I feel your pain! My husband broke his ankle a month before we were to leave for CSA last year. He got the cast off the day before we left but was in a walking boot and on crutches while we were there. We still had a blast even though he wasn't really mobile.

Here's to a speedy recovery!

I'm so sorry. Wow, a fall down basement stairs sounds SCARY. I PRAY you feel better fast. I know that could put a damper on a trip, but DON'T let it stop your show though!! I hope you will be better by then. Best wishes.

Prayer just sent your way. Hope the healing is going well!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes. Its getting better everyday, I can even see my knuckles on my hand today because the swelling has gone down. Have to celebrate the small things. It could have been worse, I could have broken my neck or hit my head. Here's a pic of the xray taken 5 days after I fell.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Don't worry!

We will be at CSS and SSB the same time as you guys....
    ....All you need to do is find a seat at the pool bar, and the SSB crowd will do the rest!

See you in 5 weeks!
    Mike&Sue
    CSS 4/27-5/4
    B Block

Hope you recover quickly!

And be careful at CSS - there's lots of stairs!

Default Ouch!

Hope you heal well.

Thinking of you x