Default How do I get to Couples?

I am staying at CSA Nov 10-17, however we will be spending Nov 9 in a Montego Bay Hotel. I know I have to get back to the airport but how do I get to the Couples Lounge to get the shuttle?

I think that you need to e-mail Couples to tell them that although you are arriving Nov 9th, you will need transport on the 10th. You will simply need to take a cab to the airport, the lounge is in ther arrivals area, not too hard to find. I think that you will have zero problems. Enjoy!

I'm afraid you're on your own for transportation to Couples from another hotel. The free transfers are for people going directly to Couples after their flight arrives. You will not be able to get to the Couples lounge from outside the airport unless you're getting off a plane. You also will not be on the list at the Couples Lounge, so there will be no van waiting for you.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

You can't get back into the airport. You'll have to go to the arrival side of the airport...not where your shuttle driver will normally think you'll want to go. There will be all kinds of folks milling around as there are shuttle drivers and bag handlers and such, ask one of them if they would go inside and ask one of the Couples lounge staff to come outside. You might call ahead to Couples a few days before you leave home to make them aware of your plans as they usually schedule guests based on plane arrivals.

You don't. Ask one of the airport employees to grab a Couples rep.

I don't mean for this to sound flippant, but walk inside and go to the lounge. I think you will find that the airport is pretty wide open and you should have no trouble getting to the lounge. Good Luck!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

I think Billy is right, to a degree. You wouldn't really be able to walk inside the airport, as that is the "secure side" but if you look at this map http://www.mbjairport.com/English/Ground_Floor.aspx you will see that the parking area is right by the drop-off/pick up area and that is right by the hotel transfer buses area. I'd call Couples and make sure they know you need a ride on the 10th and then show up there.

Wally, you don't quite have the 'rules' right. If the op was staying at a hotel other than a Couples hotel the night he would use the shuttle, then he would not be allowed to use it to get to Negril.

But...because he is going to be staying at CSA the night of the 10th which is also the day he will use the shuttle, then he can go back to the airport and take the shuttle.

Cindi ~ Let your taxicab driver know what you are doing and they will help you out. They are used to people doing what you are going to do. But yes, he will take you to the arrival area of the airport and then you will request a skycap to go to the Couples Lounge and request an employee come meet you. From there on everything will be taken care of for you.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I would take Kris' advise over Billy's (sorry Billy). MoBay airport is only two years removed from the unfortunate incident with the disturbed young man who went off his meds and ran through the airport to get a free ride to Cuba.

Ask for help to get checked into the Couples Lounge. You might try speaking to a Red Cap or by going to a gate agent. Good luck!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Cindi,
    My wife and I have been spending a week at a small hotel in Negril for the last five years and another week at an AI. When we go from Negril to CSS or CTI, we have the cab driver take us to the arrival side of the airport where the shuttles leave for the hotels. Unload your luggage and have one of you go to the guard at the door and ask to have a Couples rep brought to you. They will taker your transfer papers and get you to your shuttle. Your travel agent can confirm if you wish. It has always been simple.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce and Karen View Post
    Cindi,
    My wife and I have been spending a week at a small hotel in Negril for the last five years and another week at an AI. When we go from Negril to CSS or CTI, we have the cab driver take us to the arrival side of the airport where the shuttles leave for the hotels. Unload your luggage and have one of you go to the guard at the door and ask to have a Couples rep brought to you. They will taker your transfer papers and get you to your shuttle. Your travel agent can confirm if you wish. It has always been simple.

Bruce
    Good to know.

I thought their policy was a free transfer only if your flight arrives on the same day you check-in to a Couples Resort or departs on the same day you check-out of a Couples Resort. I guess that's what I get for believing the advice I read on this message board!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

When you consider the time that you will burn going back to the airport, getting someone's attention to hook up with the shuttle and then wading back through the Mo Bay traffic, hiring a private driver to take you directly from your Montego Bay lodgings to Couples is not a bad idea.
    nobody's favorite poster

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Good to know.

I thought their policy was a free transfer only if your flight arrives on the same day you check-in to a Couples Resort or departs on the same day you check-out of a Couples Resort. I guess that's what I get for believing the advice I read on this message board!
    The question regarding transfers has come up recently, but the scenarios were different. Cindi is asking about getting a transfer from the airport directly to CSA, at which she has a reservation. The other two posts were (1) a couple that was staying at another resort first and then staying at CSA and wanted to take Couples-provided transportation to CSA and then take a taxi to the first resort at which they were staying and (2) a couple that was staying first at a Couples Resort and then at another resort and wanted to take a taxi to Couples at the end of their stay at the other resort and take the Couples-provided transportation back to the airport.

In response to the latter request, Randymon responded, "Sorry but you must be a guest of the resort up to the day you are leaving in order to benefit from the included transfer to the airport." Since Cindi is simply seeking to take the transport from the airport to CSA for a stay at that resort and isn't attempt to use the Couples-provided transportation as a means to get elsewhere, she should be eligible for the Couples transfer.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by Cubismo View Post
    When you consider the time that you will burn going back to the airport, getting someone's attention to hook up with the shuttle and then wading back through the Mo Bay traffic, hiring a private driver to take you directly from your Montego Bay lodgings to Couples is not a bad idea.

That's one opinion but the price some folks have been giving for a private transfer would make it worth it for me to get back to the airport and take the shuttle. We used to stay at a resort in Montego Bay, it was about a 10-15 minute drive from the airport. So if you consider they'll have a 10-15 minute ride from their hotel, "getting someone's attention" will take about a minute, the wait for the shuttle (which for me would be a wash because I'd have had to wait the day before anyway), and then getting back through Montego Bay which they will likely be doing early on the day as they will have had to check out of their other hotel...what has it cost them, maybe half an hour? An hour would be a max estimate I think. I guess it depends on whether you want to shell out the cash but it would be worth a half hour or so to catch that free shuttle.

Besides saving time, when you hire a private car you can stop WHERE EVER YOU WANT. That is priceless.
    nobody's favorite poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cubismo View Post
    Besides saving time, when you hire a private car you can stop WHERE EVER YOU WANT. That is priceless.

If you want to make some stops I will agree with you. The other side of that coin would be if you DON'T want to stop...the shuttle stops and we were in a hurry to get to the resort after a long day of plane travel. Even that little potty/beer stop seemed like a big inconvenience to us since neither of us needed to use the restroom or buy a drink.