Default Any other couplesout there getting married just the two of them! No guests!

So me and my fiance are getting married at couples swept away on July 26, we will be there 8 days, just me and him. Is anyone else out there going alone, how do you feel able it?
    Im going through the emotions of not having anyone there and am wonderiong if they feel the same. I would love to meet other couples that will be there around that time to hang out with and enjoy the Jamaican sun with.

I got married on March 3, just the two of us. It was the best week of our lives, and I can honestly say, we were never looking for anyone else to hang out with.

You are not alone my dear!

I will be there in May and it will be just us two. I am a little disappointed because that was the plan all along. However, when people caught wind of what we were doing, EVERYONE said they would come. I wasted money on invites and we even changed our date to accomodate people so they could be there. The killer is that one of my guests told me they couldn't go because they were saving for a house now. That was 3 days ago. Today, I was on FB and her staus reads " Vegas trip booked for May!" That really hurt

I knew that since we decided to do a destination wedding, there was a strong possibility that we would be guest-less anyhow. I just got way too excited about the fact that so many people were just as excited and just about assured us that they would be there. Nonetheless, we are going to have an amazing time and hopefully meet some awesome new peopple to hang out with. Good luck to you and your new hubby

Quote Originally Posted by NegrilBride27 View Post
    You are not alone my dear!

I will be there in May and it will be just us two. I am a little disappointed because that was the plan all along. However, when people caught wind of what we were doing, EVERYONE said they would come. I wasted money on invites and we even changed our date to accomodate people so they could be there. The killer is that one of my guests told me they couldn't go because they were saving for a house now. That was 3 days ago. Today, I was on FB and her staus reads " Vegas trip booked for May!" That really hurt

I knew that since we decided to do a destination wedding, there was a strong possibility that we would be guest-less anyhow. I just got way too excited about the fact that so many people were just as excited and just about assured us that they would be there. Nonetheless, we are going to have an amazing time and hopefully meet some awesome new peopple to hang out with. Good luck to you and your new hubby

Weird you say this cause I just found out by an EMAIL that his brother and wife that were surprising my soon to be husband backed out, and it wasnt even THEM who said they couldnt go, it was his sister who told me. THEN found outnthey are flying in from Cali to PA while we are gone since they took off that week.

I was so excited too to have someone there, wanted it just us then same thing happened it snowballed to family coming and then I started to get excited. Oh well. It will be great just the two of us, that is all you really need anyhow. =)

Doing our 5th trip to cn....every year we have been honored to have one or more couples ask us to attend their wedding (meeting at the bar, pool,etc.) If you like you will meet folks who will love to be there for your day! And others will just love to gather around and watch......enjoy your beautiful day!!!

We are here at CSA right now and I also felt the same emotions you are feeling now, however now I have spent the last week watching the weddings that are just the bride and groom my mind has been put to rest

We are getting married this Thursday afternoon on the beach and now feel completely at ease with it, yes everyone will watch you but only to join you in your celebrations, we have heard so many people clapping and congratulating the couple that I'm now feeling quite excited that we will not feel alone

Also, in the time we have been here we have met some wonderful people and like the fact that they will be coming to watch us on our day

Please don't worry and spend your time looking forward to your lovely wedding, congratulations and best wishes to you both

We are getting married at CSS on Nov 7th just the two of us and I can't wait!! Originally, we were going to have a small, private wedding at home with family and close friends. I knew we were going to hurt some feelings by not inviting everyone. The decision to have a weddingmoon in Jamaica solved all our problems!!! I have to say my dad's reaction was pretty funny when we told him. He said "so who's going to be your witnesses...the waiter?" I said ummmm maybe....who cares mon!!!

Personally, I'm looking forward to a romantic week alone with my new hubby...it's just what the doctor ordered!! Congrats to everyone!!!

mkcouple - Wow - 2 more days and you will be married. Post pics ASAP.

NegrilBride27, I bet you will have the time of your life! We have a small group of friends and family going, but sometimes I think it would be so romantic to have just the two of us :0

We are getting married on June 9th at CSS. We thought about having a wedding here and ugh...too much headache. No one is going to Jamaica with us, and nowadays I'm kinda glad. Congrats to you all!

We are! We are getting married at CSA June 13th @ 4pm. We have both been married before and our families have seen our previous weddings so we figured this time it would be just for us. We have a 1 year old son but he is too young to travel that far so we are bringing a picture of him so he can "be there". I'm excited for it to be just us! I think it adds a bit of romance if you ask me!

We will also be "just the 2 of us" in May. We had decided we didn't want to have to entertain anyone else. We know we will meet so many new people to share our day with us and us them. It will give you lots of opportunities to share photos with friends and family of your intimate wedding:0)Congrats!!

No worries! It will be a fabulous wedding and an awesome honeymoon! My husband and I were married just the two of us at CN on 10/08/10, and it was the best decision we ever made. Couples takes care of everything for you. The best part was already being on our honeymoon! Our wedding was at 2:00, and after the ceremony and pictures, we were back on the beach by 3:30 relaxing. I would definitely suggest getting a photo package, so you can share them with your family back home. I was pleasantly surprised by the picture quality. While we were there, we met many couples who wished they had just done what we did, and not thave the hassle or expense of a wedding at home. We feel in love with Couples and are going to CSA in May- yay! Congratulations! You will have the best time!

Thanks everyone, you have made me feel so much better. I mean don't get me wrong I'm very excited but at the same time, every girl likes to be the center of attention on their wedding day with friends and family around. However, my relationship with my family isn't the best, and friends are very loose. So this way we are spending the money on us, no one else.

NegrilBride- Funny that you had the same thing happen to you as us. We originally planned it just being us then when we mentioned it to our suprise everyone was on board to going so then we changed everything around. Come to find out, everyone backed out on us, and to make things worse they didn't even attempt to get a quote to even try to go......thats the way people are, friends and family both. Now I am much happier it will be just me and him. It's going to be our day!

Amanda-
    I too have a little one I have to leave behind at home. He will be 18 months when we leave, it is the hardest thing to do. How are you coping with it. I am a stay at home mother, so the longest he has ever been away from me has been twice overnight lol. This is going to be extremely hard, but my fiance keeps reassuring me we need this time for ourselves. I can't help feeling guilty though......

Sunkissed- I'm doing okay now regarding the whole situation. It's getting so close that I don't have time to be sad about being guestless. I'm just happy that I didn't spend any money on anything else. I was looking forward to doing some DIY projects, but oh well, more money we can spend on us. We're treating ourselves to the private dinner on the beach with the money we are saving on favors and OOT bags

My wife and I were there last April at CSA and when we took the resort tour the other two couples with us were getting married and they both were there alone. Needless to say, they were not alone when the wedding took place as we all attended both as well as taking extra pictures and video which we sent them later. Smile and talk to people and you will be surprised how many of them are into the layed back happy Jamaican ways and they would love to share your special time at the wedding.

My fiance' and I are getting married July 12th at CN just the two of us! My emotions have been up and down since we planned it that way. BUT I have talked to so many people who have had traditional home town weddings and say everything was such a blur. I think that with this being just the two of us, we will be able to focus on just US, and not worry about having to please everyone else. When you think about getting married and what a marriage means, it all makes sense. As much as you both love your family and friends, this is a union between only you and your fiance'. And if you're like us and have 3 sisters between the two of you, this ensures NO DRAMA!!

SunKissedBride: I am also a SAHM mom and my son just turned 18 months last week! We went to CSA last year when he was 8 months and the first few days I missed him but after that I learned to relax a bit. I did wake up every morning at 7:30 ha! But I guess thats okay because we had a full day. I think you guys are just going to love Couples! I am bringing a picture of our son so that he can technically "be" at the wedding! I hope you have a wonderful time and just remember to relax!

Quote Originally Posted by IcedCoffee View Post
    It's just the two of us as well. We are getting in May. I knew that's how I wanted it from the start, so no one else was ever invited! We got some initial grief from our families, but it's OK now. And I know someday when my little sister is a bride-zilla having a $20,000 wedding, my mom will say "why couldn't you just do what IcedCoffee did?!!?" IT WILL HAPPEN!!

IcedCoffee: We will also be getting married on May 5th. You must be the 10am wedding, we are the one after you can't wait to see you! Will you be at CSS?

-Amber

bradambersmith we are getting married at 2pm in css on may 7th.
    when are you getting in to jamiaca.

meant to type both bradambersmith and icedcoffee would like to meeet some new friends while there

My fiance and I are getting married in November, and it's just the two of us. I am really looking forward to the intimacy that it will be between the 2 of us.

We are getting married on August 30th at CN, both of ours first marriage, and I was kinda sad too at first that we were doing it alone. We had teh big wedding planned for October but recently decided to cancel teh whole thing and do it in Jamaica ourselves. I think so many people make the wedding all about the traditions and trying to impress everyone and they forget what the wedding really means. I couldn't be happier now that ditched that path and are going to do it at Couples. We have already had people tell us they wish that they would have done a private wedding on the beach instead of teh big ellaborate affair that they all had.