Default CN trip to Rockhouse?

My wife and I have been to Rockhouse for dinner several times while staying at other resorts over the years and were thinking about it again when we are at CN in a few months. Then I saw a trip report that mentioned a trip to Rockhouse from CN that is offered. Can anyone give some details as to what is included in this trip?
    I assume it is sunset? Does it last long enough for dinner and drinks at Rockhouse or is it a shorter visit for a drink and the sunset? Is this an 'included' excursion from CN or is there a cost?
    Thanks for any details on this.

I've read that the trip there is included in the CN package but would also be grateful to know how long you stay for and are any drinks included?

As of last month (Feb) CN had the Sunset Trip listed for 5PM on Friday, Sunday, and Monday.
    It is no additional charge to go but you pay for any drinks/food.
    We were told it would go to Rockhouse for a few hours and we could have drinks or perhaps a meal (we didn't go).

"MrandMrsBean" posted that they went to Rockhouse last week for the Sunset Trip. They appear to have had drinks and a snack.
    See the thread CN Photo Album March 9-16, 2011
    http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=13258
    Photos 152 to 174 are of their trip to Rockhouse

We were at CN last year and visited Rockhouse twice while there. We did it on our own and they sent a car for us and then we took a taxi back to CN.

I do not remember an included visit but we rarely participate in group activities so may have missed it.

My husband and I were at CN in February and we did the Rockhouse excursion. It left the lobby on Friday at about 5:00pm and returned about 7ish, it is about a 15 minute ride to Rockhouse so it is only enough time for drinks and the sunset and not enough time for dinner. It was an excursion that was included. The ride there and back was included, but the drinks were not, but they were reasonably priced 4 people, 8 drinks about $60.00US. If you want to stay for dinner I suggest that you make reservations as when we were there it seemed like all the dinner tables were reserved, I would think that you could ask guest relations to make the reservation for you, one note there is indoor and outdoor seating, so if you prefer one over the other specify, outside seating is on different levels of the cliffs, GORGEOUS, we only went for the sunset and drinks because Friday night was lobster night at CN. If you plan to stay for dinner and not just for drinks from what I understand you must make some kind of arrangements for your return to the resort, again I would think guest relations could help you with that. We did not have reservations for drinks but had no trouble getting a table at the bar. I had heard from friends at home that the food was delicious. It was an awesome excursion, we had been planning to go to Rockhouse before we even left NY and were super psyched to find out once at CN that it was an included excursion that went exactly where we wanted to go. So once you are at Rockhouse think of us and enjoy a cold one for us.
    Hope this was helpful and enjoy,One Love
    Janice

Quote Originally Posted by JanicefromLINY View Post
    If you want to stay for dinner I suggest that you make reservations as when we were there it seemed like all the dinner tables were reserved, I would think that you could ask guest relations to make the reservation for you, one note there is indoor and outdoor seating, so if you prefer one over the other specify, outside seating is on different levels of the cliffs, .

If you plan to stay for dinner and not just for drinks from what I understand you must make some kind of arrangements for your return to the resort, again I would think guest relations could help you with that. We did not have reservations for drinks but had no trouble getting a table at the bar. I had heard from friends at home that the food was delicious.
    Yes, you need a reservation for dinner as it is a very popular place; the tables that are not in the main restaurant but on the cliffs are special. The one at the promontory has an extra fee. We booked the Rock Table (left of the main restaurant and private) for our upcoming trip and that is very popular with 3 seatings so book early if you want it.

Guest relations can make a reservation for you and Rockhouse will send a car. This is for both of their on property restaurants, Pushcart and Rockhouse. There is no need to arrange for a return transfer as there are always taxis right at the entrance. Confirm the rate in advance as it should be about $10.