Default Couples is calling us back a decade later

Hey guys!

I have been reading this board a lot the last few days and wish it was around when we first visited Couples. We were in CN in November of 2001 for our honeymoon. We loved every part of the the trip especially the people. We were very young and were befriended by many of the staff, the younger girls were always so nice to my wife, we really feel like we got to know them. I remember being asked by some people at the bars if we were old enough to drink, lol, that shouldn't be a problem know!

Any ways we have the big 10 yr coming up and ar trying to decide where to go. We have visited Hawaii, Riviera Maya, Vegas a few times. We have 2 awesome kids now and have not done anything with just the 2 of us for years. So the mother in law is going to have them so we can go dissapear for a few days.

We are really struggling on what we should do. We like to try new places and have considered Punta Cana, and a few other nice places but I keep getting drawn back to Couples and Jamaica. We loved Negril but would be open to seeing a new area. We would like to do an excursion or 2 since we didn't do anything but Ricks and snorkeling last time. We are leaning towards CSS I think.

If anyone can share feedback or ideas on something to really make the anniversary special I would appreciate it. I know you can't go wrong with Couples that's the nice thing. Thanks for any help!

I am glad you waited "only" ten years to plan your return trip to Couples.My husband and I honeymooned at CTI, then COR in 1983.It did not even cross our minds to return until 2007!! So 24 years later, pretty much a life time later, after raising all our children, we felt we deserved a trip, just for us!

As an after thought, I looked on line to see if Couples even existed anymore.Well, boy did I find out, not only did it still exist, it evolved, into the most amazing place we had ever experienced.

We have met the most incredible people. Made the most sustainable memories, found our little place of heaven here on earth,and return every year because we are now full blown addicts! Addicted to the pampering Couples showers upon you, addicted to enjoying "our time together" without the pressures of all the people we love and leave behind. Addicted to all the friendships we have made, an add to each year.Addicted to sharing this special thing that happens between us, every time we plan, yet another year together in Jamaica!!

Glad Couples called upon you again. I know you will probably be even more thrilled with the resort then you were in the past.Time has definitely been on Couples side, and I think you will appreciate that fact, even more then you had 10 years ago! Enjoy the adventure...we leave for TI in 21 days

I just returned from css last week and can honestly say it was amazing... we are your demographic 30ish, young kids, etc. It was so peaceful and relaxing at css, a real stressfree week. We did the dunns fall excursion and loved it. We wanted to do more but the resort was so beautiful and relaxing it was hard to leave the lounger on my verandah nevermind the resort. The night scene wasn't crazy but it was enough for us. Book an hour couples massage, it was absolutely amazing to be massaged while the water splashed beneath us. Well worth every penny. There are many options (private dinner) to make your anniversary special but being at couples is so special in itself!

We just got back from CSS and absolutely loved it. We never felt more pampered in our lives. We did the couples massage at the spa with the ocean view and breeze taking us to eden. The beauty of the site was phenomenal along with the staff. If you decide to go to CSS look for Noxroy at the bars during the evening. He will certainly make your time unforgettable. Enjoy whatever you decide. )

We just got back Tuesday night from CN. It was totally awesome and we have booked for next year already and have maybe 2 couples going too.
    We were first timers so I can't speak about other options really, but those we talked with that have been to other Couples Resorts in Jamaica love CN too, maybe not more but differently...
    The beach is the best, staff are incredible, options are plentiful....snorkling, scuba, hobbie, catamaran cruise all with Couples. Then tennis, fitness, golf etc and you have excursions to consider.
    I say CN, but others will say, "you can't go wrong with a Couples property"!

That's right Diane. This is not about "just a vacation". This borders on terrestrial. That's a polite way of saying, we may all be from outer space.
    Maybe from Ork?

My wife and I honeymooned at CTI way back in 1979, returned in 1981 and are now finally returning this September for our 32nd aniversary. We are so looking forward to it.

If Couples is calling, then you should go. I have heard that CSS is the most romantic and lush of all the Couples resorts. You should definitely go to CSS and truly reconnect as a couple. Congrats on 10 years. Do what your heart is telling you.....Couples Sans Souci.

Quote Originally Posted by Justdiane View Post
    I am glad you waited "only" ten years to plan your return trip to Couples.My husband and I honeymooned at CTI, then COR in 1983.It did not even cross our minds to return until 2007!! So 24 years later, pretty much a life time later, after raising all our children, we felt we deserved a trip, just for us!

As an after thought, I looked on line to see if Couples even existed anymore.Well, boy did I find out, not only did it still exist, it evolved, into the most amazing place we had ever experienced.

We have met the most incredible people. Made the most sustainable memories, found our little place of heaven here on earth,and return every year because we are now full blown addicts! Addicted to the pampering Couples showers upon you, addicted to enjoying "our time together" without the pressures of all the people we love and leave behind. Addicted to all the friendships we have made, an add to each year.Addicted to sharing this special thing that happens between us, every time we plan, yet another year together in Jamaica!!

Glad Couples called upon you again. I know you will probably be even more thrilled with the resort then you were in the past.Time has definitely been on Couples side, and I think you will appreciate that fact, even more then you had 10 years ago! Enjoy the adventure...we leave for TI in 21 days

Wow thats awesome. Congrats on 24 years of marriage. I didn't even know Couples was around then. All of what you mentioned is what is drawing us back, definitely something special that sets Couples apart from the other AI's we have done.

The hardest part is which one to visit, we have nothing against going to CN again, but would like to see another side of Couples too.

If you went to Negril last time, then I recommend visiting Ocho Rios, and CSS if you are looking for something different. They are on the same island, but really VERY different. Even the resorts are very different. You will be close to try Dunn's river Falls and many of the other excursions that are close to Ocho rios. Also, CSS would also give you the opportunity to try au natural if you have not done it in the past. Since you are a repeater, even after 10 years, you will still get an invite to the repeater's dinner which is always wonderful. I would not be worried about thinking you are doing something too close to a previous trip, because Negril and Oco Rios are so different, but at the same time, able to experience Couples great service, food, drinks and inclusions. Happy Anniversary !

Quote Originally Posted by courtromo View Post
    I just returned from css last week and can honestly say it was amazing... we are your demographic 30ish, young kids, etc. It was so peaceful and relaxing at css, a real stressfree week. We did the dunns fall excursion and loved it. We wanted to do more but the resort was so beautiful and relaxing it was hard to leave the lounger on my verandah nevermind the resort. The night scene wasn't crazy but it was enough for us. Book an hour couples massage, it was absolutely amazing to be massaged while the water splashed beneath us. Well worth every penny. There are many options (private dinner) to make your anniversary special but being at couples is so special in itself!

Thanks for the reply, that sounds like us. We did the massage last time at CN and of course it was amazing. We definitely aren't looking for any wild nightlife, just good times, stress free, relaxation. We liked how it was at CN at night, plenty going on at night but not in your face.

We've been to CN 3x and CSS once. We love them both and you can't go wrong with either one. You already know the wonderful laid back atmosphere of CN. CSS is a step above that and oohhh sooo romantic. We really loved CSS, not taking anything away from CN as we also love it, but CSS is just so romantic with wonderful places to walk hand-in-hand and discover the beauty of the place. Either place would be wonderful for your 10 year celebration. And Congratulations!

The only drawback to us was the beach. If you could take the beach at CN and the resort at CSS you would have heaven!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by schwieso View Post
    If you went to Negril last time, then I recommend visiting Ocho Rios, and CSS if you are looking for something different. They are on the same island, but really VERY different. Even the resorts are very different. You will be close to try Dunn's river Falls and many of the other excursions that are close to Ocho rios. Also, CSS would also give you the opportunity to try au natural if you have not done it in the past. Since you are a repeater, even after 10 years, you will still get an invite to the repeater's dinner which is always wonderful. I would not be worried about thinking you are doing something too close to a previous trip, because Negril and Oco Rios are so different, but at the same time, able to experience Couples great service, food, drinks and inclusions. Happy Anniversary !

Very cool on the repeaters dinner, how do you alert them that you have been to Couples? At check in?

That's what I'm thinking. 2 very different parts of the island. A friend of mine made the comment that "Jamaica is Jamaica" the other day when I told him we were thinking of going back. He is a bit uninformed on that topic and has never been to Couples.

We definitely want to do Dunns river falls and maybe the horseback riding etc.

I would be cool to try AN once but not sure the wife has any interest whatsoever. No biggie, we will see what happens. I'm the kind to try just about anything once though. lol.

Now my wife was looking at the panoramic 360 views and was saying how nice CTI looks. I know it's been asked a million times probably but what would be the advantages of each over the other CSS or CTI..

I sure you can alert them at check in about the repeater's dinner. At our last repeater' s dinner at CTI, we sat with 2 couples who both just returned to Couples after 10 years and the other 15 years. They were thrilled to be at the dinner ( it was excellent). CSS is a smaller resort, and has the most beautiful views from your room balcony, then any of the other Couples resorts. CTI has a more " modern feel" ( even though it is their oldest resort, but completely remodeled ), and CSS has a more tropical feel - lots of lush vegetation. In case climbing stairs bothers you , CSS would be a bad choice, LOTS of stairs - but it adds to its atmosphere. The atmosphere at CSS is the most romantic of the Couples resorts ( that is not saying that the other resorts are not romantic. ). Ocho Rios is without question, have a very different feel then Negril. Good luck with your choice.

Default Shy wife

We were at CSS the end of Feb for our first visit to any Couples resort. My wife was very nervous about the AN beach. We got there late on Saturday and Sunday we made a trip over to the AN area. We stayed off to the side avoiding others for the day. Unfortunately SPF 45 didn't do it for us so we got a little red. Monday we skipped the beaches altogether and went to Dunn's. The rest of the week was spent on the AN beach meeting and socializing. It was awesome. It's not a "meat market", it is a very social friendly place as people don't care about shapes or sizes and there are no social classes when everyone is naked. Young and old everyone is super. CSS is an awesome place to visit for a second honeymoon/anniversary. This was our 25th anniversary and the only time we have really done something just the two of us since our honeymoon. The only problem I have now is trying to get back without taking away how special it was for our special anniversary.

Have you considered for a special treat, and your tenth anniversary, a renewal of vows. Returning to the country were you celebrated your honeymoon, I think it would be a great thing to do ! If you were to tell your co workers you were returning to Jamaica after 10 years to renew your wedding vows, they would have to think that is VERY romantic. If you were to do the renewal, you may want to consider returning to the place where you originally honeymooned - CN , or even try CSA if you want a different atmosphere.

A little information about vow renewal- I tell you right now, you do this as a surprise for your wife - she will NEVER forget it !
    Say I DO all over again in a romantic Vow Renewal Ceremony for only $250 (USD). Vow Renewal guests will receive everything we offer in the Wedding Ceremony. The ceremony must be booked at least 30 days prior to arrival or a late fee of $150 (USD) will apply.

The Vow Renewal Package Includes:
    Personal service of a minister
    Personal service of a Wedding Coordinator
    Bridal bouquet
    Boutonniere for the groom
    Sparkling Wine
    Two-Tier Cake
    His and hers half-hour massages
    Just married T-shirts

Required Document:
    Photocopy of Marriage License