Default Secret Rendezvous - should know TODAY!!!

I'm practically bursting out of my own skin with excitement! We leave one week from today, and we should find out soon which resort we're going to. The boyfriend is much more patient and laid back than I am, and he booked the trip, so I've gotta wait for Mr. Patience to get the email, then for him to CHECK his email and let me know. I know, I know...the answer "soon come," right? We've got a friendly bet going: I've bet on CTI and CN, and he has CSA and CSS. I think CTI's the winner...but I'll know for sure SOON!

LOL!! No matter the place, you should be happy. Each Couples Resort is special & has it's own personality! Have a great holiday! Razzl

We also booked the CSR and leave on Saturday. We are booked at CTI. Not my first choice, but looking at the positives that the resort offers. Disappointed about the small beach...... Hope you get the resort you are hoping for!!

We called to get our "secret" we leave for CSS first thing in the morning!!! If you have the reservation # call and get the resort!! Hope you get what you want... either way I am sure you (we) will have a blast!!

I know we'll have a great time no matter where we end up. I just want to KNOW, because I'm one of "those" people. I figure it's CTI, because that's where the most availability has been shown. I should find out today, as the boyfriend KNOWS I need that reservation number from him, lol. I don't even know if I HAVE a first choice. It seems my top choice is usually whichever resort I read about most recently, or saw pics of most recently. :-D

Should have waited to post. Just called, and as I suspected, we are booked at CTI 3/29-4/5. Soooo excited! Q (boyfriend) says he'll do the island with me. And he has a collapsable cooler to make up for the lack of minibar. So...I need some sunblock, some bendy straws, and for the rest of this week to HURRY UP!

I am just interested to know why people book the CSR? I have read so many threads about SR. People say we got this resort but, I wanted that resort. If u have a specific resort that u like staying at why not just book at the resort of your choice? I am new to Couples so, I am just trying to understand. It seems that about 85% of the people get CTI or CSS. But if u r a person that love the Negril side, why would u chance it with SR? I am just interested!
    Terry & Tonia Collins

meg_in_okc I am excited for you! Have a great trip and tell us all about it when you get back!

I am so excited for you!!! I am also envious. Post on this website a few times while you are there and let us know what is happening. (If you have time)

Quote Originally Posted by spice505 View Post
    I am just interested to know why people book the CSR? I have read so many threads about SR. People say we got this resort but, I wanted that resort. If u have a specific resort that u like staying at why not just book at the resort of your choice? I am new to Couples so, I am just trying to understand. It seems that about 85% of the people get CTI or CSS. But if u r a person that love the Negril side, why would u chance it with SR? I am just interested!
    IMO,the biggest appeal of SR is price. We tried it last Dec '10 for the first time and yes we got CTI. We had already visited Jamaica and Couples in June '10 and had no intention of taking two Couples trips last year, but when we saw the Weds special price for SR at $250/night and part of the special was you could book SR several months in advance. So SR afforded us two trips home in '10. Well worth it no matter which location. We have now tried 3 out of 4 locations, all but Couples Negril and we will try there too eventually. All 3 locations have things that we would categorize as "bests" IMO - Beach = CSA, grounds/seclusion = CSS, Food = CTI, best staff - both OR locations. Do I have a favorite? Yes I do. Would I book SR again? For the same deal we got in Dec'10, DEFINITELY!

We booked the CSR to save money (almost $400 each over the lowest priced Couples resort at the time we booked). While there were little advantages or disadvantages I could find to each resort, any of the four would please us. Our main concerns were: ADULTS-ONLY, all-inclusive, swim up bar.

I did feel like we'd end up at CTI, because it had the greatest availability remaining, and I was right. But I'd be far from heartbroken if we had ended up at any of the other three. We're excited to try out the Island...but we'd have found other things to get excited about based on wherever we ended up. We like a bit of luxery, mostly in the form of great service, good food and drinks, and no screaming children, but we're pretty easy to please and make a good time wherever we go.

Thanks, grayturtless and Jimnmariann! I figure this trip will be much like our trip to Mexico. I tend to wake up earlier on vacation than he does (thank you, metabolism of Irish descent, for the gift of NO hangovers!), and I generally checked email once every day or two. I should be able to pop in and say hi.

Dang, typed up a post, and it's gone.

Cost was a factor for us. And we've never been to Couples or Jamaica before. We were VERY sure we wanted an adults-only all-inclusive resort, and we spend a lot of time at the swim up bar, so that was important. We were pretty sure we'd have a great time at ANY of the four, and while we could find small pros/cons about each in comparison to the others, it really didn't matter to us. So it was worth saving around $400-$500/each over the cost of booking a specific resort. Excited to get to try out the AN island, though, now that we know it's CTI.

Thanks, all! We're SOOOOOO excited! Will definitely try to pop in on the MB while we're down there. On our last vacation, I tended to get up and around an hour or two before Q, so I had some time on the internet most mornings.

5 more sleeps!