Thread: Nook Question!

Default Nook Question!

I apologize if this has been answered already but just had a quick question for the Nook users out there!

I am planning on taking my Nook with me to CTI in May/June but am NOT planning on bringing a laptop. Has anyone used their plug-in charger in Jamaica? Just wondering if anyone has had any problems! Thanks a bunch!

Allison
    70 Days 'til CTI!

Have been to Couples many times. All rooms have standard power outlets. No adapters needed. No problem mon!
    New Nookcolor user here from Christams. Will be going back home to Couples in next few months.
    Would appriciate feedback on how it does it the bright sun?
    Sounds like your first trip to CTI, you WILL love it!
    Mi love fi binaked inna Jamaica
    (Patois for: I Love To Be Naked in Jamaica / At the island or SSB Mon!)

Thanks for the info! I don't have the Nook color, just the "old" Nook. I'll let you know how it goes though. We have been to CTI before (and do love it!) but I don't think I've ever plugged anything in there! Just used the provided blow dryer and we leave our electronics behind usually.

I just wanted to double check on it before I ended up with a paperweight instead of an e-reader!

Thanks again!
    Allison

Being heavy readers, the wife and I are both bringing our Nooks (B/W only) As for the color Nook in bright sun, I would expect you'll have to deal with glare, just like any other LCD device (cell phone, laptop, etc)

Possibly buying and using some sort of anti-glare screen protector might help, but I wouldn't count on it. I'll try to remember to ask a guy I work with, who has a Nook Color, how it does in bright light and post tomorrow...

Jason
    221 days
    12 hours
    53 min
    00 sec

I'd also like to know if the Nook colour is readable on the beach!!

OK, I asked one of my co-workers who has a color Nook, and she uses it outdoors, with no problems from glare. However, she also wears polarized sunglasses when using it outdoors, so that may help.

I did mooch her Nook for a short bit, and intentionally angled it to get some glare from the fluorescent lights, and it was still readable. Not so sure how it would be under really bright sunlight though...

Jason

Thanks Jason.
    I do have the anti glare screen saver on my Nookcolor. And with coming upgrades from Barnes & Nobles, will be like taking a true tablet PC on vacation.
    Just confirmed going home today! July 1-9 CTI and the Island here we come!!!
    YA MON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamAmericans View Post
    Thanks Jason.
    I do have the anti glare screen saver on my Nookcolor. And with coming upgrades from Barnes & Nobles, will be like taking a true tablet PC on vacation.
    Just confirmed going home today! July 1-9 CTI and the Island here we come!!!
    YA MON!!!
    See you there! We arrive on the 2nd! Did you add your names to the July list?
    Vicky

We did list our names on the July thread.
    Do you guys visit the island?