Thread: gym at CSS

Default gym at CSS

We are regulars at CN and have tried CSA and are now considering what to book next. I am having trouble finding much information on the gym at CSS, such as:

1. Is it air conditioned? (The open air CSA gym was nice but I find the temperature and humidity of the wonderful Jamaica weather limits the amount of cardio I can do)
    2. How many cross trainers and treadmills are typically in working condition?
    3. How busy does it tend to get in January/February?
    4. Do they have a decent selection of strength training equipment (weights and resistance machines)?
    5. How early does it open, or is it 24 hours? (It is not uncommon for me to wake up at 3am in Jamaica due to jet lag and gym access in the middle of the night helps.

The Fitness Center at CSS is excellent and has large selection of equipment (Treadmills, Eliptical, Bikes, Free Weights, Benches, Circut Training).

1)Is it air conditioned? Yes.

2)How many cross trainers and treadmills are typically in working condition? All equipment is in working order and well maintained. Treadmills - 2 or 3; Eliptical - 1 Bike - 1

4) Do they have a decent selection of strength training equipment (weights and resistance machines)? Yes.

5) How early does it open, or is it 24 hours? (It is not uncommon for me to wake up at 3am in Jamaica due to jet lag and gym access in the middle of the night helps. Not sure if it's open 24/7. I usually run at 5:00 AM and hit the Fitness Center by 5:45 AM. Always open no issues getting in. Usually a few others working out at the same time, so I would assume it open earlier.

The gym is air conditioned and it also has TVs. There is a lovely view of the ocean, too. There were 4 treatdmills, and at least 1 eliptical and 1 bike. Not as big a cardio selection as CSA. The weight machines were good and a decent variety for a small gym. There were also plenty of free weights. The gym is open 24/7. Sometimes it got crowded in the morning, and by crowded, I mean 8 people. We were there during January.

Look here for the gym and see for yourself.
    http://couples.com/14cs/40panoramaCSS.htm

1. Yes, it is air conditioned.... to the point where we would actually turn the A/C down when we went in. Brrrrr....
    2. 3 treadmills, I think. I don't remember cross trainers, but I'm sure they have one or two.
    3. We were there in January, and there were never more than 3 people other than us.
    4. Decent, but not extensive. Enough to keep you busy, but nowhere NEAR CSA.
    5. Open 24 hours.

Enjoy.

V
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

We noticed that there are big, beautiful windows at the gym- does the cardio equipment face the ocean? Or face the mirrors (if yes, can you watch t.v. while working out)?