Thread: Tattoo's?

Hybrid View

Default Tattoo's?

Are there any tattoo shops in negril? And are they governed with the same standards as we have here in the states?

I only ever saw one a few years back in Negril, kinda hidden off the beaten path, I doubt if there's any health codes on it, maby something new opened up since then.

There isn't a uniform standard in the U.S. Standards are state specific.

Tattoo establishments in Jamaica are unregulated, and there are no standard guidelines governing their practice.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I've never seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    I've never seen one.
    I think in Jamaica there aren't so much tattoo parlors as there are "Hey, I know I guy with a tattoo gun."

Either way, assuming you think it would be cool to get a tattoo in Jamaica, do you want to spend your vacation keeping your fresh tat out of the sun and salt water?

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

This topic has been discussed before and most everyone agreed. Don't get a tattoo in Jamaica. Usually after getting a tattoo, you want to stay out of the sun. That's pretty hard to do in Jamaica. Without regulation you are setting yourself up for a heap of trouble. If infection sets in you don't want to have to go to the hospital.Best advise. Do it long before you come to Jamaica or wait until you get back home,

I'd probably wait until I got home just to be safe
    Getting some ink on vacation sounds like fun to me. I'd rather be safe than

Yeah if I was to get a tat in Negril it would be on my last day there.

This is an annual topic, usually about this time of year as folks prepare for summer vacations in far away places.

The consensus is always the same: don't get a tattoo in Jamaica. Reasons given above are good advice.

Getting tattoos and riding motorcycles in Jamaica; these two questions come up every year or so and ring up a "no way" from almost everyone. Neither are advisable.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    This is an annual topic, usually about this time of year as folks prepare for summer vacations in far away places.

The consensus is always the same: don't get a tattoo in Jamaica. Reasons given above are good advice.

Getting tattoos and riding motorcycles in Jamaica; these two questions come up every year or so and ring up a "no way" from almost everyone. Neither are advisable.
    100% agree. It is just a good way to get sick or hit. I would not even drive in Jamaica.
    Irie Mon