Default Just Opened My LAST Pound of Blue Mountain Coffee! Yikes!

mmmmmmm, can you smell it?? One of the best smells on the entire planet, right?!! Only 29 days to go! Off to CSS to buy some more coffee! Not going for the sun and sea, the experience of a different Couples Resort (have been to CN and CSA), the yummy meals and drinks, and of course not to meet more of the warmest, loveliest people I've EVER met.....no, it's for the coffee!! Love you, Couples!! Hey, Randymon, will we see you at CSS also? Hope so!

We ran out of our last bag of blue mountain coffee about one month ago. Waiting until September to use our resort credit to buy more ! Can not wait. Until that time, it is Folgers coffee ) :

We also go for the coffee. First time we went to Jamaica it was for the sole purpose of purchasing coffee. At that time we went to a different AI and weren't all to sure we wanted to return, but we loved the coffee so much we continued to look for somewhere to stay and we found Couples. Now we get to enjoy Couples and purchase coffee for home. It's a win, win situation!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I went in October and I am on my last bag of blue mtn coffee. What's worst is that I have a 1/4 bottle of sangters rum cream left. I can get the coffee in America, but the rum cream seems to be a bit more difficult.

Yep, all my Romance Reward money is going for coffee!!

We're doing a CSA/CN split again this Nov./Dec., so if we only have Jamaican coffee on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and something else from Monday to Thursday, then I figure we can get away with one pound a month. Soooooo, that means next month when we're at CSS I have to buy AT LEAST seven pounds to get us through to that next trip. But I'll probably get more than that because I don't know if I can restrict myself to only three days a week! lol

we are lucky here. a local chef shoppe has started carrying blue mountain coffee. pricey indeed, but something to bridge the gap between trips.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

We are definetly coffee drinkers and LOVE Blue Mountain. Does anyone know the price for a pound? I've read reports here that it's cheaper to buy at the airport versus the resort or even off site in a grocery store in Negril. We only want beans; not ground coffee.

Any help would be appreciated.

Betty

Randy ~ What is the brand? Our local Safeway claims in the coffee specialty shop that they carry Blue Mountain coffee. I haven't bought any yet as I don't believe them that it is true Blue Mountain coffee. Also, they get the beans and roast them themselves so you can have any strength of bean that you want. What do you think? Does it sound strange to you?
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Burlap sacks = canary in a coal mine for us... but we know well run out this time cus we haven't been home since late May, and won't be going until October... ;-(( Gonna have to rough it for a few months, I'm afraid/
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Randy ~ What is the brand? Our local Safeway claims in the coffee specialty shop that they carry Blue Mountain coffee. I haven't bought any yet as I don't believe them that it is true Blue Mountain coffee. Also, they get the beans and roast them themselves so you can have any strength of bean that you want. What do you think? Does it sound strange to you?

I'd say that's not entirely impossible in a little specialty coffee shop as I once found a website where you could order large quantities of beans unroasted...perhaps there is more than one but that's not what I was looking for so I didn't pursue it. They very well may be ordering the beans and roasting them. You could ask to see a container...look for the seal that proves it's blue mountain. If you ask politely and word it properly you won't offend, explain the reason for your interest.

Has anyone ever orderd Blue Mountain Coffee through internet sites? I have checked a few out but seems rather high priced. (Have to pay those shipping costs) Just google "Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee"

Juli, i will check and get back to you.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

We order online all the time, we never seem to buy enough while in Jamaica. I've used a couple different sites and regardless the shipping is high indeed...almost as much as the coffee! I also recently saw that Amazon carries it and shipping seemed a little more reasonable, I didn't order any so I'd have to compare that was just from memory. Here is a link to the site where I've ordered the last couple times. The coffee was good, real blue mountain. I think the last order took a little longer than they had estimated and I started to get nervous but about the time I contacted them about it I received it.

http://www.bluemahoeestate.com/index.htm

Parrothead...check out ebay for Blue Mountain Coffee, I get it there all the time, just be sure it's not a blend!

Hi, everyone!

I'm new here, but my boyfriend and I are planning a trip to CSA for December 2011. Can you guys tell me how much coffee we're allowed to import from Jamaica into the US?

Thanks!
    Becky

Becky ~ You can bring back as much coffee as you can carry. There are no limits. We have brought back 40 pounds. The only thing that happened to us is they checked our bags to make sure it was just coffee. Once they smelled our bag, they let us go on our way. Your suitcase will smell wonderful!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We can not wait to taste the coffee. That happen to me the last time I went to Vegas. One of the hotels made a french coffee. I called home to have my co-worker look it up on the internet and have been getting every since. I hope that we do not become addicted to Blue Mountain coffee. We have heard it's the best.
    Terry & Tonia Collins

Woohoo! My boyfriend will be thrilled...and both of our suitcases will be heavy when we come back! But they'll smell fabulous

Juli, the sell Mavis Bank coffee at my local chef shoppe.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

I thought a fellow coffee lover would answer my question from March 26th. HELP??? Does anyone know the price for a pound of Blue Mountain coffee? Do you buy at the resort or the airport? Or is it worth a special trip to the Negril grocery store?

Would really appreciate some help. If here is no expiriy date we hope to buy 3-4 pounds.

Thanks
    Betty