Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default First time to AN scared

Hi this is our third time going to CTI we are going 4/30/11-5/7/11
    each time my husband has asked me to go to the AN. And everytime I watch the people go over. I am about 25 lbs over weight and I hate to even wear a swimsuit. I have read so many forums that people say no one cares. But I am very self conscious of how I look. How do I get over this and please my husband? Also I have heard the people are much more friendly on the AN. On the regular beach I have learned people are not that friendly.Thanks for listening can hardly wait to go 5 weeks. Tammy

It is totally normal to be scared! My first time was 6 yrs ago. What I did was drink drink 4 or 5 red stripes on the bus ride to the resort and the second I got to the room I said lets go NOW People at the an beach are ALL different sizes and shapes and are soooooo nice! Honestly, can't recall any "perfect" bodies, they are too self conscience I think we look better with no suit on, just let everything hang and gravitate where it wishes It is a wonderful, free feeling to be naked in the sun and swimming nude is awesome! Everyone should give it a try. We get so caught up in so much crap in our daily lives, going nude once in awhile sheds so much more than just clothes Do it girl, we are only here once and it goes so quickly!!!

Yes, what you are hearing is correct. I wish I were only 25lbs over weight. No one really cares. I felt like you the first time. Here is the advice you get--first have a mimosa or bloody mary at breakfast, then get on the first boat over. Go over to the right side of the island as you get off the boat. Then what I did, was plop myself down took off my suit. Then had hubby bring me drinks. Well you know eventually, you have to use the restroom and when I looked around. I realized that no one was staring at me and everyone was having a good time. So I got up and used the restroom and went back to lounger. Hubby got up and we went to the pool. We have met people we are still friends with 5 years later. As we go at the same time every year, we still see these friends. There are a great group of people on the island. You will find lots of people you have much in common with. Go and enjoy!
    Vicky

I know this doesn't make sense to you right now but you will find that after you settle in at the AN area, you will be more comfortable with your body then you are in a swimsuit. You will realize that everybody is human and the human body is beautiful despite it's imperfections. The experience is very liberating and will most likely be one of the best things you can do to improve your self image.

Good luck with your adventure and please post a follow up when you get back to let us know how it went!

P.S. Everyone looks better with a tan.

Just go and give it a try. If you don't feel comfortable after a short time go back. At least you can say you gave it a try. You are under weight if you are only 25 over compared to the average crowd!!!! No really, size does not matter. We are beautiful in our own way. Most likely we all had doubts the fist time we tried AN, but most once they have tried it don't want to go to any other type of beach. It really is a liberating and fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by tms View Post
    each time my husband has asked me to go to the AN. And everytime I watch the people go over. I am about 25 lbs over weight and I hate to even wear a swimsuit. I have read so many forums that people say no one cares. But I am very self conscious of how I look. How do I get over this and please my husband? Also I have heard the people are much more friendly on the AN. On the regular beach I have learned people are not that friendly.Thanks for listening can hardly wait to go 5 weeks. Tammy
    People are amazingly friendly and non-judgmental. No one on the island has a perfect body. I know many women who are not happy with their bodies, yet admit they are more comfortable nekkid on the island than they are in a swim suit on the main beach.

Just try it. You have nothing to lose. But I suggest you do so early in your trip - you'll love it!!!

(It's really too bad you won't be there a week sooner. You'd be with the best group of people that would make you feel right at home!)

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Read the threads here on the AN part of the MB. You will find out that most of the people who go to the island are over weight. I am one of those. No need to be self conscious. If need be have a few Bob Marley shots and then head to the island and have the time of your life. No need to worry.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

tms There are many people on the island that are self conscious for one reason or another. The great thing about being naked is suddenly everyone is equal. It becomes the most empowering experience one could have. And it's true that you will meet some of the nicest people in the world. After being there for an hour or all day, you will take back with you a greater understanding of yourself and will feel completely different with concerns about weight. Most of TI visitors have never been naked with a bunch of strangers. The have religious hangups, family hangups, weight hangups and so much more. After five minutes it is as though they have been reborn.
    The best part is, that if you get there and find that you really can't take it, just put on your clothes and leave. No one will criticize for coming over or for leaving. You really don't know how you will react until you do it.
    We will be there from 21-May 3. We are the April Amigos. Come and join us. I promise that you will not be disappointed.

Richie

Tammy,we went to cti for the first time 4 years ago. He begged me to go to the island and i finally gave in on the last day. I liked it well enough but sat on my chair the whole time and then regretted that we didnt go sooner. Two years ago, we went with friends that we met the first time and went to the island day one and everyday after that. I ventured to the pool and never regretted it. We played cards and when the island closed would continue at the swim up bar with the same people. I was probably 80 pounds overweight back then and no one ever made me feel any different. We are going back in July and i cant wait to get to the island. We met the nicest people over there and you will find that they are very welcoming and you have no reason at all to be self conscious. Have a great time.
    driveindou

Default First time

Quote Originally Posted by tms View Post
    Hello Tammy. My wife and I tried the AN beach at CN Feb.23 to Mar. 2. We had never done AN before. We are not beautiful. We are very average. 50 and 53 years old. You will be pleasantly surprised how fast you become comfortable. Nobody judges you and nobody there has "The Perfect Body". My wife did not want to try because of some of the same concerns but some friendly encouragement from some nice people we met helped to relax her. People ARE much more friendly on the AN beach. I am sure AN will now be a regular part of our Couples experience.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Tammy, you have over one month to drop 5 or 6 pounds and then you will look awesome.... so then you can go with no issues....

The female half felt the same way you do, now everytime we go back she's the 1st one on the boat. Here's a few tips: 1) You are going to the best place of all the AN resorts because it is by far the most private. When you get to the Island go immediately to the far right. 90% of the time no one is there or maybe just 1 other couple (go early and you will definitely be the only ones).
    2) Don't feel rushed to get naked when you arrive, set up your chair etc... take your time.
    3) Put sunscreen on prior to getting there. (insecurity and rubbing all over your naked body in public may be tough)
    4) I/We assure you it wouldn't matter if you were 200 pounds over weight. NOBODY JUDGES OR CARES
    5) NONE of any of these tips will matter after 30 minutes of being there and after this trip you will thank all of us that helped you to try it and fall in love with it. Enjoy!

TMS, the wife and I will be there the same time as you (4/28 - 5/6) and will be there with 5 other couples that we have met over the years while nekkid at a couples resort. The wife felt much the same the first time we decided to try AN but we decided to give it a shot for 15 minutes, if either of us was uncomfortable, we would leave, no questions asked. A few years later, and several life long friends later, we cry when we have to leave the island.

There is no way to explain how you feel after going for the first time, for us, we can't wait to go back. Before we went my wife never would have thought she would have ended up comfortable going AN, much less prefer going AN. We hate when we go somewhere and have to wear a suit now.

Come on over, jump in the pool and do a shot with us, we'll be the ones bugging Damion (the best island bartender) for Woo Woo shooters.

Danny and Sandy

Bearso, it really doesn't seem appropriate to suggest that a person lose weight. I am postive that Tammy looks awesome right now without having to change her look one bit!

DOOOO ITTTT!!! You will not regret it. All the people on the island are so nice and no one cares what you look like. We were at CTI in February and met some amazing people, and had so much fun, it's true, the people are a lot nicer on the island. We won't go to a resort without an AN section ever again.

When was the last time you did something you were afraid of and conquered that fear? Do you remember how good that felt? And its actually fairly easy to do AN as you can tell by reading the prior comments.

We heartily agree with the other comments above. It seems like the self-conscious people and the jealous people are all hanging out on the textile side, where the couples who think they are the Ken's and Barbie's are all checking each other out, and all the husbands are getting mad when other guys are checking out their wives. The AN side is delightful because none of this occurs! It is really true that nobody really cares, and you will see that most of the people who hang out on the AN side are definitely NOT the Ken and Barbie types, but they ARE genuine, happy couples who seem to be much more comfortable with who they are (and all the physical shortcomings), and enjoy hanging out with like-minded people. It is REALLY fun. You can spend time by yourself (as a couple) on the AN side, or you can hang out at the swim-up bar and socialize. It is up to you, and whatever you decide is just fine. So, go, go early in your vacation, and enjoy yourself!

Tammy
    I too am about 25-30 lbs overweight as well as having had 3 kids, saggy boobs and a road map of stretch marks on my stomach that looks like it has every Interstate, State and county road from the entire USA. I am also 50 years old so everything in the North is slowly gravitating to the South.
    I too am very self concious in a bathing suit. I refuse to wear 2 piece ever. My stomach must never show, and I am very conscious of what is showing.
    However, one day on vacation in Hawaii we went to a nude beach and from that time on I never looked back. We have been to Tower Island and CSS Sunset beach. We also frequently go to a clothing optional beach in NJ several times in the summer.
    I am so much more comfortable naked than I am in a bathing suit. Don't ask me why, it defies all reason. But everyone is right there are all shapes and sizes at the nude beach. And from my vast experience most of the people look like me, over weight, scars and marks from life experiences on their bodies. But everyone is beautiful.
    I'm not sure how you get over the fear other than to just go and do it. After a very short time, it seems so natural. In fact, now wearing a bathing suit feels wrong to me. I hate it.

A&E, support comes in all forms. I support my way, you do it your way. Thanks for you concern.

I am also slightly overweight and worry that I will be out of place on the AN beach at CN. My husband reminded me about the various shapes and sizes when we visited Orient Beach in St. Marrten a few years ago. (He was au naturel but I didn't do it). The "fluffy" body types definitely out numbered the slim and trim bodies. I am determined to say the heckle with it, and I am going to drop my drawers and go for it! See you on the beach April 30 to May 6.

we will be at CN april 28 to may 4.. hoping to get my wife to use the AN beach.. It sounds like fun.

If I were only 25 lbs overweight I would be in Hog Heaven. That being said, I don't know your age, but I'm over 50 and wish I had had as much confidence when I was in my late 20's early 30's as I do now, I would have flaunted my 25 overwieght self. Everyone is as perfect, if one thing is not what you think it should be there is something else that is better than you think it is, love your self, everybody else does.

Tammy, first, I'm sure you're a beautiful woman and I'm sure your husband thinks so too. you're in good company here as I too am about 25lbs over what I should be. That being said, my soon-to-be husband thinks I am one sexy lady. That's all that matters to me. I'll be a AN first timer here in a few weeks and the way I feel about it is, hey if you don't like it then bug off. I can't tell you how many years I've spent worried about what other people thought. Now I just don't care. I like me and the man of my dreams loves me, so what else matters?
    And you don't get a chance to walk around nekkid in paradise everyday right? Carpe Diem my friend!!

Quote Originally Posted by futureMrsCowan View Post
    Tammy, first, I'm sure you're a beautiful woman and I'm sure your husband thinks so too. you're in good company here as I too am about 25lbs over what I should be. That being said, my soon-to-be husband thinks I am one sexy lady. That's all that matters to me. I'll be a AN first timer here in a few weeks and the way I feel about it is, hey if you don't like it then bug off. I can't tell you how many years I've spent worried about what other people thought. Now I just don't care. I like me and the man of my dreams loves me, so what else matters?
    And you don't get a chance to walk around nekkid in paradise everyday right? Carpe Diem my friend!!
    That's one of the best posts I've read in a long time. I too spent too many years concerned about what others thought of me. What a waste of energy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast