Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Clothing NOT Optional

Amber and I were at the AN beach at CSS yesterday and another couple showed up to enjoy that area. Unfortunately, the woman would not take the bottom of her bikini off. During the hour they were there I mentioned to Amber that someone needed to tell her that the beach was not clothing optional.

After about an hour they moved from the pool back to their lounges around the pool. We returned to our lounges to get our towels so we could sit at the bar and have lunch and on the way back to the bar, I overheard a couples employee explaining that AN was NOT clothing optional. The husband started yelling that discriminating against a woman's menstrual cycle was against the law. The couples employee must have heard this excuse before, because he was not having any of it.

They got up and left reluctantly. Thank you Couples for enforcing the rules and making everything here a great experience!

Amber & Chris
    Last edited by Moebius; March 10th, 2011 at 11:38 PM.

Glad they (Couples) stuck to their guns.

"Against the law?" Thanks for the laugh. I wonder if the guy knew he was in a foreign country where laws are a little different than back at home.

It is sad when that happens. It puts the employees in a tough position. It happened once while we were there in December, but I don't think it resulted in a shouting match. It is good to hear that Couples continues to enforce the policy since the vast majority feel it should be the way it is.

Wow that was really rude of the man to yell at a couples employee. I will admit though at CTI I did wear my bottoms one time because the tampon string gathered some attention and I felt like it was grossing guys out. Of course the next day they let me wear my bottoms because they really did know I didn't mind being 100% nude it really was because of the string from the previous day hahaha I learned from this though and NEVER will book a trip again during "that time" Feel sorry for the girl and couples employee in this situation.

Hello Amber & Chris,
    I'm glad you are having a wonderful time at CSS and SSB. My husband and I love it there!

I just thought I would share with you that the husband you mentioned in your post just posted a scathing review of CSS and its staff because of the situation you described. He said that the staff was RUDE, so I knew he was just a disgruntled guest! I'm sorry but rules are rules--no clothing allowed--and unfortunately these rules apply to his wife even if she is on her period. There happens to be an au natural thread that calmly and respectfully discusses this issue. This couple may have had a totally different experience if they would have read this MB.

Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful!
    suzyQ

I regret to hear that anyone did not enjoy SSB because of personal circumstances. That being said SSB is not clothing optional and I am happy to hear that the rules are being enforced.

If my husband did that I'd be so embarrassed! I have been to the AN areas at the 3 Couples resorts and of course, I've been blessed with that time of the month while there. I never wear bottoms because AN means no clothes, no matter what time of the month it is. There are ways to deal with the situation, bring supplies and make sure to use the restroom more often. If you have to, go to the textile beach for a day or two when it's heaviest. Whatever you do, have fun and enjoy yourself, you're at Couples!

Default Ditto

We observed something similar (but less dramatic) at CTI during our stay earlier this year. It was well and gently handled by CTI staff (bartender). Thank you to CTI management for training your staff to enforce this rule. Please don't yield to pressure to convert the AN areas into CO areas!

That psycho posted a very unintelligent review TA. Made no sense until I saw this post. Read it if you have not done so already. It is very amusing if it doesn't give you a headache.

Looks like this character left a pretty nasty review on trip advisor. Charlie Sheen's rants a more coherent than this.

I travel a lot and come across a lot of American tourists treating cruise/resort staff like crap. I often walk up to the staff and tell them not all Americans are like that, most times loud enough the jerk guest can hear me.

Moebius
    I understand how you feel and people should respect the rules. Here at home we have a clothing optional beach where Spike and I go,she wears a small thong and I go nude, when we are at CN we walk the beach round trip about four times a day so she can be topless(yes me in my trunks),we do NOT go to the AN out of respect for the rules as she is not comfortable with out her bottom. I have heard the remarks many times in reference to our beach walking "Why doesnt she just go the the AN beach" The answer simply is out of the respect for others and the rules. We do not point out and comment on those who drink at 8AM and are trashed by 5PM and are loud and obnoxious at the pool bar,so please do not have comments about us as my wife strolls around topless,it is PERMITTED and accepted by all the locals on the beach since the 1970s.Its always the American women that have the issue,Canadians and Europeans are great about it. Oooooops sorry kind of went off track here. ANY way going back to CN in August and yes that will be Doc and Spike parading around the beach.

The husband posted an incoherent and ignorant review on TripAdvisor. I think the sign at the entrance of the beach makes it very clear that it is not clothing optional. When we were there in early January a man (not even a guest at the resort) in a kayak landed on the beach, and there was also a heated exchange with a Couples employee (and other guests) - eventually he left, but he was there yelling for at least 20 minutes.

Hi;
    The person you speak of has posted a review on Trip Advisor. He totally trashes the resort in one big run on sentence, does it in text speak even. Sounds like they are leaving soon and good riddance. Why do people always think the rules are for everyone except them?
    Last edited by Marnies; March 11th, 2011 at 12:09 PM.

I'm not seeing the review on TA.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

The review might have been pulled by a moderator as I can't find it. Let's hope so.

I don't see it on TA. Is it a review, or a forum topic?

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

I looked on TA and did not see the review?? Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by kycouple View Post
    It is sad when that happens. It puts the employees in a tough position. It happened once while we were there in December, but I don't think it resulted in a shouting match. It is good to hear that Couples continues to enforce the policy since the vast majority feel it should be the way it is.
    Hey Kevin, email me at revrobison@yahoo.com. I lost your email address & I want to tell you about that cruise we talked about.
    Doug

So I sent a message on TA to this loser and his response was just as stupid as his review.
    On Mar 10, 2011, at 05:15 PM KellyEd87 wrote:
    "Are you 5?? This review made no sense. Have you ever heard of puncuation? What exactly is a rastifan? That is not even a word. I can't even figure out what it is that you are complaining about. Make sense or don't post here. You are just making yourself look like an uneducated moron."
    This idiot replied with:
    "wow jamacian culture is rastifan sorry for no puncuation think before you respond to my honest opinion think travel learn culture not your ignorant return response to my report you must not be very cultured or well travelled good luck in your travel experiences dont be a rude nude or go to hedo"
    Classic!!!

Seems as if he or TA deleted the review. He probably realized that it made no sense.

Ladies... no need to miss out on the A/N beach. Try the DivaCup.

Must have been the time of year, but we were there again yesterday (our last day) and a man strolled up to the bar and sat down in his swim trunks ordering drinks and chatting away. He way obviously ogling every woman that walked by. Eventually the people following the rules pointed him out to the security guard, but I'm not sure what happened after that.

Whenever you get nearly full occupancy, stupid people are bound to show up. ;-)

Kelly, I couldn't find his review on TA, but if that is how he wrote it no one would be able to figure it out anyway. Even his words run together. He really does look like an uneducated moron.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by KellyNEddie View Post
    So I sent a message on TA to this loser and his response was just as stupid as his review.
    On Mar 10, 2011, at 05:15 PM KellyEd87 wrote:
    "Are you 5?? This review made no sense. Have you ever heard of puncuation? What exactly is a rastifan? That is not even a word. I can't even figure out what it is that you are complaining about. Make sense or don't post here. You are just making yourself look like an uneducated moron."
    This idiot replied with:
    "wow jamacian culture is rastifan sorry for no puncuation think before you respond to my honest opinion think travel learn culture not your ignorant return response to my report you must not be very cultured or well travelled good luck in your travel experiences dont be a rude nude or go to hedo"
    Classic!!!
    While he may be well "travelled" (spelled incorrectly) and very "cultured", he apparently lacks education. Oh just as an FYI for this person, he also spelled Jamaican incorrectly as well as punctuation. All he is telling me through his writing is he's--well I just won't go there. Even on my computer, it's telling what is spelled wrong so I can fix it. Oh and I don't think Hedo, at least I know Hedo 3 doesn't exist.
    Vicky

FWIW you can find the cached version of his review, google - tripadvisor knightdiver007 couples and you will find it in the google cache. Pretty funny stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast