Default CTI Trip Report 03-15--03-22

MBJ--Customs & Immigration fast and easy. Couples waiting area easy to find. 3 couples on our shuttle. Long drive to CTI but passed quickly as couples chatted.
    CTI-- (This is our first all inclusive, we are cruisers.) Check in super fast. Handed a cool face towel. Ocean Jr. Ste. room is lovely, bathroom is even better. Room is a little sparse but roomy, bright & airy with fridge, bathroom has Jacuzzi and door to it's own balcony. Tower Isle in distance. Bed is comfortable. Rum and vodka provided in room. Mixers in fridge. Complimentary H2O bottles. Hotel is older but well maintained. Lobby gorgeous. H2O pressure in shower poor and rarely hot. Jacuzzi perfect. TV very nice flat screen. Food & Bev.--Martini Bar & Patio Bar & Piano Bar, Excellent. No they do not pour heavy but will add if requested, super bartenders. Hummingbird delish. Patio Buffet, I am not a fan of buffets, DH loved it. Continental breakfast in our room was divine. Great coffee and the pastries were to die for. Bayside-didn't care for the food, service excellent, venue very cool. The veggie bar! OMG the best. Burger Bar-veggie burger and salty hot fires! 8 Rivers, everything from food to service excellent (ate here x2). Verandah, everything excellent. Beach party Monday night, food stations and tables set up on the sand. Band playing, tons of fun. This night, local vendors are set up around the pool. Resort has a lot of steps so if you are visually impaired or mobility challenged, be prepared. Other guests, super friendly. Many repeaters. Honeymooners to elderly, nice mix. Two nice gift shops. Internet cafe 9 terminals. WiFi not ok in room OK in lobby.
    Excursions--Do the cat cruise, it's a hoot. Not a sedate sunset sail, a party boat, you tip the crew. Did Bob Marley tour, long drive and a short tour for $75 pp. Not worth it unless you enjoy reggae or weed. Signed up for the glass bottom boat, but it was cancelled due to winds. Every day we had windy conditions and rain one day. Not every activity is available every day , another guest said all water sports had been cancelled for five days. Check your schedule. Took our own taxi into town and shopped for a couple of hours on Sat. Most shops are closed on Sundays. There are shops at the airport BTW. Missed Dunn's River, but we'd seen it twice before so not a loss. Don't leave any of this for the last minute as things fill up quickly.
    Friendly Factor--Most of the staff are friendly. Some are super friendly and a few are indifferent. Still really good service everywhere. Shout outs to Devon-8 Rivers, Taneshia pool/patio bar, Babian at Bayside. Questions?

Default Lots of steps???

"Resort has a lot of steps so if you are visually impaired or mobility challenged, be prepared."

Don't understand this comment - where are all these steps? There is a lift in the main building and where there are steps outside (few!) there are ramps for wheelchairs, etc.

Please don't be put off by this comment as on our many visits to CTI we have seen people in leg casts, on crutches and in wheelchairs who had no problems and had a great time.

Mad about tennis

Wow what a great review. As I was reading, mentally I was touring the resort all over again with your words. So glad you had a great time. We too could not do all water activities because of red flag days but that just means were booking again to finish the list off. The cat cruise to me was sort of a let down due to it being a smaller boat, calmer vibe compared to the others we seen sailing that day. Thanks again for sharing your experience

Clarification--Ocean Jr Ste has two steps from entry to main bedroom area and 2 steps from (amazing) bathroom to its balcony. Martini bar is one flight of steps up from patio cafe entrance-- didn't notice a ramp or elevator. Patio cafe is six steps down from main hallway area was unaware of alternate entrance from lobby area. There are five steps from gorgeous lobby to terrace overlooking beach. Super spot to chill. Must have missed the ramp to beach area as we always had stairs. Being legally blind, I count steps. That said, do not, as a previous poster advised, miss any of this!

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to post...Only 143 days before I return home...Welcome to the Couples Family!