Default Weather in October

I was just wondering how many folks here on the MB have traveled to Negril, or Jamaica in October.

We are considering a trip this October and just curious if it will be a complete washout and worth the $.

Thanks for any feedback.

We always travel in either late October or early November...made our 15th trip last October. It is hurricane season so I would strongly recommend trip insurance, I'd recommend insurance regardless. Several years ago there was a hurricane approaching and we had a couple days straight of rain that trip, the storm turned and the sun came out. This last trip we arrived to torrential rains, cloudy but no rain the next day and for the remainder of the trip (8 days) we had 3-4 days of short afternoon/evening showers, one evening was particularly heavy but the next day was beautifully sunny. Often you will get those brief afternoon rains but it is still warm so you can choose to stay outside, go under one of the beach bars or head back indoors. We sat on our verandah one afternoon and watched it rain and it was a lovely time. Unless there is a hurricane it won't be like rain at home and you can't possibly plan for a hurricane. I say it's worth the money, book the trip and start the count down.

We have travelled to Jamaica in January, May, July, August, October and November.
    We had the worst weather in October, two years in a row.
    The nicest weather was January, warms, cool breezes and sunny with no humidity. May was nice too. July and August had great weather but hot and humid.
    November wasn't too bad but if I remember it is very humid.

Hi there. Jamaica in October is something of a gamble with it still being the tail of hurricane season and with October being sometimes a rainy month even without hurricanes. That said, we have been to Jamiaca twice in October (Negril and South Coast) and to the Dominican Republic in October also. Each of these trips were great with no weather worries. Sure, we sometimes had a little afternoon liquid sunshine, but all in all, awesome weather. We are starting to plan a return trip to Jamaica since we haven't been since 2008 and October is when we will come if we can swing the trip.

October is hurricane season. It can be beautiful weather or rainy. It's a crap shoot. If you do book, be sure and get trip insurance.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We've seen tropical storms in mid-December, and waterspouts in May... its the tropics... weather happens... sun and rain... good thing, too, or we wouldn't have paradise to return to...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We always go in the first two weeks of October. we've never had really bad weather. Never even a whole day of rain. You will get some showers and a few downpours but that can happen any time of year. We went in April once and had three solid days of rain. It's the tropics so you get what you get. Don't be put off going in October but do make sure you have insurance just incase.