Hybrid View

Default Adopting from Jamiaca

Has anyone done this or have any information on how to do it?
    I know we have to fulfull the criteria in our own country first but then what?

b

It's complicated. My Jamaican friend who lives in Florida and is married to a US citizen is having trouble getting her OWN kids up here to live with her....

And I'm just trying to get 2 small ones over here for a short stay , which is a lot of paperwork, and will probably require a personal appearance in Jamaica.

Don't give up though. Contact the Embassy.

Try here

jamaica.adoption.com

and also RanibowKids.com

Thanks.
    We're actually looking to adopt to Canada, not the US.

Here's a silly idea how about adopting a child in need in your own area?
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

That was a touch snarky.
    Of course we have looked at that.
    We have our reasons and they are personal.

Quote Originally Posted by richard & brenda View Post
    That was a touch snarky.
    Of course we have looked at that.
    We have our reasons and they are personal.
    Sorry I had a job for years baby sitting and providing transportation for foster children and saw very first hand all the children in the US that need someone badly. I just bothers me when we don't take care of ourselves first then provide for others.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

I'd like to adopt Floy - the bartender at CN -

"We're actually looking to adopt to Canada, not the US. "

It's not the US that poses the problem, it's dealing with the Jamaican Govt and Embassy.

Shari and James - well I guess that's irrelevant since the op lives in Canada, not the US? I also think that was extremely rude. Adoption is an extremely personal decision and kids EVERYWHERE are suffering. So to me it doesn't matter WHERE you (general you - not you personally) adopt from, the fact that anyone adopts makes them an awesome person.

Have to agree with amymarieky, anyone who gives a child in need a loving home is a saint no matter what the preference of where they adopted from..

but

I also really have to agree with Lovjamaica, I wish I could bring the pool bar guys home with me from CSA.. Happy Hour would be a blast every day. Somehow it's just not the same at home after working all day as bellying up (half in the water keeping you cool) after laying on the beach all day. Perhaps those guys would make the time between trips home more bearable?

Cheers!