Thread: Wedding Song

Default Wedding Song

How hard is it to pick out that perfect wedding song.....

Ladies share your wedding song ideas.....

I'm leaning towards Train "Marry Me"

That is one of our songs! We had it picked out about 6-7 months ago before it became popular. But, I still love it!! and it brings a tear to my eye

It's an older song but I used it as the opening song on my DVD, it's. True Companion by Marc COHN. I blubber every time I watch it.

I'm thinking of having two sets. One if its sunny and one if it isn't. I read that you should pick three songs but not sure if we'll really need that much. We're country lovers so a sunny song I like is Tim McGraw's My best friend. If its rainy I really like the Clint Black song "like the rain"

Default Our song

For our 1st dance we used "I Found Love when I found You" by Kenny Wayne Sheppard. Neither of us are country but it is beautiful. It was the 1st slow dance we danced to as a couple in 2002 and our wedding was 2008.

Tim McGraw's you're my best friend is MY number one choice.. WE'RE still pondering.. ha ha.

Yes the Train song was picked out for me too last year and now all I do is hear it on the radio. UGH..

We used 4 songs at our wedding:

When God Made You by New Song when I walked down the aisle
    I Don't want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith when we kissed
    I Swear by John Michael Montgomery during our document signing
    Just By Being You by Steel Magnolia during our first dance

Hope this helps. :O)

It is not a current hit or anything but if you listen to the music and words of "I Could Not Ask For More" by Edwin McCain you will see why it was our wedding song when we were married at CSS.

I think we are going to use Marry Me by Train. I'm going to walk down the aisle to She's Got a Way by Billy Joel. I also love and still considering Loving You Tonight by Andrew Allen

We are getting married in June at CSA and here are the songs we are leaning towards:
    Walking down the aisle: "Marry Me"
    Walking back down the aisle: "Making Memories of Us"
    First Dance: "Here" by Rascall Flatts
    Garden Music: "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey

Just a random assortment of songs.

We get married in Scotland tomorrow (in 16 hours time) before coming to CTI for our honeymoon on Tuesday 5th April.
    We're walking in to "My Love is Like a Red Red Rose" by Eddie Reader, a Rabbie Burns song. When we sign the register to "Wild Mountainside", again by Eddie Reader. She sang that song at the opening of the Scottish Parliament, and we think its appropriate for the opening of our marriage. Goggle both of them, they are fantastic. We walk out to "The Greatest Day" by Take That, and our first dance will be to "At Last" by Etta James, fantastic words.
    Can't believe how quickly the time has flown in. No nerves but heeps of excitement. Jacqui and Iain.

Thank for the ideas ladies. After much thought Im going to pick the song that has sentimental value to us. It was a song playing the night me and my fiance, ya know had one of those special nights (wink wink). Everytime I hear it now, it puts a smile on my face. Not only was it played during a special moment, but that was when we decided to have a child together. We knew it was not the conventional way of doing things but we wanted to do it *our way*!
    It's Alicia Keys-Unthinkable

We spent more time picking out songs then anything else we did to get ready for our wedding. We used I'm Yours and Lucky by Jason Mraz, Smile by Uncle Kracker and Hey You (ILove You) by Michael Franti and Spearhead. These songs really fit the island atmosphere!

We had 5 songs we brought on CD. All of them have meaning to us and I think on the day you will be glad to choose songs that you LOVE because it makes it much more special for the two of you. It is a very personal choice and really sets the atmosphere. Here's what we had.

Walk down aisle:
    Kissing You - Des'ree (Instrumental) Romeo & Juliet Soundtrack

Walk out to:
    I Wanna Grow Old with You - Adam Sandler

Signing papers to:
    Across the Universe - Fiona Apple

Dance to:
    You & Me - Dave Mathews

Cake & Champagne Reception:
    Your Song - Ewan McGregor (Moulin Rouge Soundtrack)