Default CSA for the 1st time!

Greetings everyone!

I am new to the forums so sorry if this has already been answered on another thread. We will be traveling to CSA in August 2011 for our honeymoon. We were just curious how the beach chairs/floaty situation is. If we wake up at 9 go eat breakfast and then get ready for the day are we going to have a chair/floaty or do you have to be up early to get your chair. Sorry once again if this has been answered! I cannot wait and am counting down the days! I can't wait to experience the place everyone calls home!!!

IMHO getting up to go save a chair ( all chairs have floaties) is not only rude but a huge waste of time. There are pleanty of chairs and shade to go around. You proubly wont get a palapa unless you get up before the sun and join the other silly/rude people who play the towel game.

We never had a problem getting a chair. We would get up and have breakfast and then head back to the room to get ready and there was always space available. The only thing that fills up quick are the shade huts. But if I wanted to sit in the shade I would sit on my verandah. You will fall in love with this place. We are already planning to go back in 2012! Enjoy!

Hi Greenie -

First of all, Lucky Lucky Lucky YOU!!! I hope you love CSA as much as we do!!

August is a bit of a mixed bag - there are generally fewer people at the resort, but the sun is much hotter than "high" season, so the palapas are generally taken very very early in the morning. That being said, you really should have no problem finding a chair/floaty (and a nice side table which is really great for books, beach bag, etc.) after 9AM. There are plenty of palm trees and a shade sail or two (a piece of sail cloth stretched horizontally across the upper mid sections of 3-4 palms which creates a shaded area).

Honestly, though, the sun from 11:00 - 2:30-3:00 or so is SO hot in the summer, that I almost would encourage you to try to wake up a bit early and enjoy the early morning 8:30-9:00 - 11:00 sun and then take a nap or something until 2:30ish when you might want to go back out and sit under a palm or enjoy the floaty in the water. In any case PLEASE remember to wear a high level of sunscreen - I don't know where you're from or what kind of sun you're used to, but for those of us from the Northeast US, that Jamaican sun can be BRUTAL if we forget to use protection!!

Enjoy your vacay!!

Couples has enough loungers/floaties for every guest and "saving" before you are ready to hit the beach or pool is never necessary!!

There is also plenty of shade available on the CSA beach any time of the day because there are lots of trees and shade sails lining the beach. There was never a free palapa when we would hit the beach around 8am to enjoy our morning coffee and read, but palapas for shade aren't essential at CSA so it didn't matter!

Thanks for the replies everyone! gonegril I from PA and I definetly planned on bringing lots of sun screen!!! 118 Days!