Thread: Pelican Bar?

Default Pelican Bar?

My husband and I will be at CSA June 17-23rd. This is our first trip to Jamaica and to CSA! We are interested in visiting Floyds Pelican Bar, can anyone tell us how far away it is from CSA? We are also wondering if CSA serves lobster for dinner and if Captain Morgan Rum is availble for drinks? If anyone is interested in sharing a cab to The Pelican Bar, let us know! 12 more weeks to go until we arrive!!

Pelican Bar about 2 hours from CSA - so worth the trip. We just did it in February - it was on my "bucket list". You will absolutely love it! Have a driver if you need one - let me know, I'll send you a PM.

Yes, I do believe they have CM, but you will fall in love with the Jamaican Rum!

They do have lobster night in all of the restaurants on Saturday, but unfortunately you will not be able to get lobstr in the time frame that you are going. Lobster is not served (not in season) from April 1st through June 30th.

Have fun!

Not too sure about CSA (although I'd like to know as well, we'll be there in 18 days) but I looked for it at CN in 2009 and they didn't have it, so I would assume CSA doesn't either. I know Appleton is by far a better rum it's just a little too strong tasting for me, my husband loves it and still can't believe he gets a whole bottle of it in the room! No worries, there will be plenty other wonderful drinks to enjoy!

Just another thought to ponder, if you are unsure about the CM, if you have a layover in a major airport, stop at the Duty Free and pick one up. This way you'll have one in your room for that "toddie" before dinner I always get a bottle of vodka at the Duty Free and bring with. They have all the mixers in the rooms as well.

Just my 2 cents!

Here is a picture of the Pelican Bar. It sits 1km out in the bay, just south of the mouth of the Black River, about 2 hours from Negril.

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

None of the Couples resorts have Captain Morgan

We'll be there from June 13th to the 24th. We might be up for that! We haven't started scheduling things to do on a daily basis yet.

If you do go to the Pelican Bar go ahead and make a day of it and add the Black River Safari and YS Falls to your trip. It makes for a wonderful day. You will be gone from the resort the entire day (8am - 5pm), but it is well worth it. You will also get the opportunity to have lunch at one of the road side eateries. We absolutely loved our day. I think this trip cost us less than $100 per person and it included all transportation and entrance fees. The only thing it didn't include were drinks and food.

Go for it!!!!!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    If you do go to the Pelican Bar go ahead and make a day of it and add the Black River Safari and YS Falls to your trip. It makes for a wonderful day. You will be gone from the resort the entire day (8am - 5pm), but it is well worth it. You will also get the opportunity to have lunch at one of the road side eateries. We absolutely loved our day. I think this trip cost us less than $100 per person and it included all transportation and entrance fees. The only thing it didn't include were drinks and food.

Go for it!!!!!
    This is the exact trip we took and it made for a very nice day.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Default We loved it!

Email me if you want more info. We did YS Falls with ziplining, then floyd's which was a once in a life time experience! redblueku@hotmil.com We have a ton more pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images