Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dec 2012

Default Time is standing still

I think someone has stopped time because it seems like December is taking forever to get here. After taking a promotion at work this year, which has resulted in a lot of hours at my workplace, I am overly anxious to board the plane and escape to Jamaica. Relaxing on the beach and enjoying so e much needed time with my husband is all I can think about. Is there anyone out the that can speed up time and then magically stop it when I arrive at CSA? If so, your drinks are on me while at the resort (hehehe).

Hi Mike, It had to be 2010 and I think we remember you and Monica......we tried to get back in 2011, but got stuck in the middle of selling and buying a home. Dianne and I look forward to seeing you again.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMonica View Post
    Everyone, please give a hearty welcome to the newest members of the Dec 2012 thread!!!!

Anthony & Kate (Bricks41) - Looking forward to seeing you in Dec

Shannon & ? (shannongb70) - Shannon - congratulations on your nuptials - Let us know who you will be getting married to and I'll post his name to the list.

Corry & ? (KJW5OFUS) - Corry, need the name of your hubby so I can post it on the list. Don't worry about anything other than dealing with your cancer. The CSA experience is going to be the best vacation you ever had. Monica and I (along with the other Dec 2012 members) will send some special prayers your way. BTW, you picked a hell of a group to travel with (LOL).

Maggie & Zac (MM1017) - Monica and I had to add an extra day due to airfare also. Its certainly better to spend the money on an extra day rather than an airplane ride. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll have to do it next year too.

Jim & Diane (groovytxn) - Jim and Diane - Good to see you again, I believe we met in 2010. I'll add your picture to the list with pictures and email you a copy at the end of the month.

Scott & Kelly (jamaica97) - Good luck with your marathon.

Glad to see everyone is getting excited about heading "home' to Jamaica. Hard to believe but some of us on the list are already doing the double-digit dance.

119 days and counting!!!!!

Jim & Dianne,
    Understand about getting stuck in buying and selling a home. In Feb 2011, we unexpectedly found an unbelievable deal on a foreclosed home and bought it . We did some minor repairs, installed new appliances, moved in, and put our old house on the market in May 2011. Thought we had the old house sold several times (it was under contract). Unfortunately, lenders always seemed to pull the plug on our buyers at the last minute. Luckily, the last buyer met all the lender's hoops and we closed/sold our old house last week. Life is good!!!!! See y'all in Dec.

111 days and counting!!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    Bob Marleys for everyone!!!!

His name is Darren

I'm sitting here waiting for Isaac to make landfall, so I figured I'd better get the August list out while I could.

See y'all soon.

Attachment 17703

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.

We will be @ CSA from December 23rd - January 2nd this year - getting married on the beach on December 28th......Christmas, New Year's and our wedding! can't wait!! =)

Quote Originally Posted by blondie56 View Post
    Attachment 16423
    Helen & Paul,The Villages, Fl.
    CSA Dec 20-27 2012
    CSA Dec 19-26 2013
    I guess we'll start the list!!! Countdown has begun!!!
    Hey Helen & Paul ~ Dianne & Jim from West Palm Beach here. We'll be there 12/18 thru 12/26. Looks like lots of returnees - should be a fun time! Look forward to meeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by bridesfantasy View Post
    Hope no one minds but I was dreaming of Couples today so put together our December list thus far!

11/30-12/9 Greg & Dari Douglas, GA
    11/30-12/9 Jeff & Marybeth
    12/7-12/16 Linda_Smith - vow renewal on 12/11
    12/8-12/15 ajnichelson
    12/9-12/20 Soonerfans - wedding on 12/12
    12/9-12/16 Julie & Todd Shakopee, MN
    12/10-12/20 Chris & Melissa Breckenridge, MN - wedding on 12/14
    12/10-12/15 slackia
    12/12-12/20 Mike & Monica - vow renewal on 12/17
    12/13-12/24 JDzWife
    12/13-12/20 ShanDean76
    12/15-12/23 Randi & Sherri Charlotte, NC
    12/15-12/23 AnnieKay
    12/15-12/22 MM1017
    12/18-12/26 StonyplainClint
    12/20-12/27 Helen & Paul The Villages, FL
    12/26-1/2 Bern & Barb
    12/27-1/4 Mike & Tammy
    12/29-1/6 Karon

There we have it. Please let me know if I've missed you or mispelled your name, etc!

Have a great weekend! Almost to the 6 month mark!
    Hey there, We're Dianne & Jim & we'll return toi CSA from 12/18 thru 12/26. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Lisa,
    Welcome to the Dec 2012 meetup thread. I have added you to our list. Let me know the name of your SO and I'll post a name instead of ?????. Congratulations again on your upcoming nuptials - you couldn't have picked a better place to get married. By the way, it's a great place to celebrate your anniversary too. Post a picture and tell us a little about the two of you.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.

Quote Originally Posted by groovytxn View Post
    Hey Helen & Paul ~ Dianne & Jim from West Palm Beach here. We'll be there 12/18 thru 12/26. Looks like lots of returnees - should be a fun time! Look forward to meeting you.
    You'll find us not too far from the Tiki bar!!! OR AT the Tiki bar!!!
    Counting the days....................................

Thanks Mike! My fiance's name is John.......I tried to post one of our engagement pictures taken there on the beach during the same week last year, but for some reason was unable to do it........

Lisa,
    I've added John to the list. You'll have some good company during your stay. Bern & Bob (repeaters) and the other newlyweds, Shannon & Darren will be there for your nuptials - make sure to save them a piece of cake (I recommend the Jamaican fruitcake) and a glass of champagne.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.

ya mon soonecome dec.... only three short months till porkchops at the poolbar the year is flying by
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

My soon to be hubby and I will be there 11-28 through December 7th. We are bringing a decent group of family and friends with us for our wedding. I am SOOOOOO excited! I can't wait. Any thoughts or advice for what a newbie should pack would be really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky07 View Post
    Any thoughts or advice for what a newbie should pack would be really appreciated.
    Packing and other unsolicited advice:

Take a black pen on the plane to fill out the customs and immigrations forms.

Take the number of swimsuits you are planning to take and double it.

Lay out all the "nice clothes" you plan to take and cut the pile down to half. Especially shoes.

Stilleto heels are a disaster in the sand.

Only Jamaicans have what it takes to wear jeans in Jamaica on a regular basis.

Resist the urge to overpack. Almost everyone overpacks. Almost every one regrets overpacking when they get there.

Leave space to take home your souvenirs. All that liquor, (that most people buy in the airport) has to go in your checked bag once you hit the states, unless you are lucky enough to have a direct flight. The airlines will also re-weigh your bags to see if you need to pay an overweight bag fee , because they are really helpful like that.

The on site laundry service looks expensive. Compared to the additional/overweight bag fees some airlines charge, the onsite laundry service is the deal of the century.

If you LOVE ketchup, bring your own. Jamaican ketchup is different. Not bad, just different.

Bring a good attitude, and be friendly with the resort staff. You will be rewarded for this.

Island time is real. Things will take longer to happen in Jamaica. Always. Accept it. Resistance is not only futile, but can actually make things go backwards.

We will be there from the Nov 29 to Dec 9. Please feel free to say hi! We are a friendly bunch! This is our sixth trip so we know the ropes, both at CSA and out and about in Negril. Our names are Jeff (me) & Marybeth, and Billy & Kristy.

Most of all: Enjoy your time, and take the time to ENJOY YOUR WEDDING.

Kristen,
    Congratulations on your choice of CSA for your 1 December (sunset) wedding. Great way to start off the month. I've added you to the Dec list. Let me know your soon to be hubby's name so I can list him instead of ????. Let us know a little more about yourselves and the guests in your wedding party (how many, how long they're staying, etc...)
    As far as packing goes - Bring a small bottle of woolite to refresh your swimsuits, some skin so soft from Avon or a good bug repellant withn deet for the sand fleas on the beach at night. (Note - don't put the bug repellant on your toenails, the polish will melt , the sand will stick, and you'll have sandpaper toenails for a while ) Bring a kindle if you like to read. It's better for outside than an Ipad (not that I expect honeymooners to be doing a lot of reading!!). Sunscreen - It's expensive in Jamaica. Any medication you might need (aspirin, allergy, etc...)
    Most people overpack the first visit, (especially those getting married- try to keep it down to necessities). Y'all will be spending most of your time on the beach (swimsuits, shorts & t-shirts, flip-flops, sandals). Remember it's Jamaica, light clothing is essential (except for Feathers which is air-conditioned). Our first trip, we brought 4 suitcases and two carryons (we were getting married) and didn't need or use half of what we brought. Since then, we bring 1 suitcase for us, maybe one suitcase with dive and snorkelling gear, and two carryons. One day, I hope to get it down to two carryons.

96 days and counting!!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.

Hi Mike and Monica , and others ,
    Just peeking on the thread, good advice on what to pack. I would suggest besides prescription meds, bring any over the counter meds that you MIGHT need . Some things like an expectorant, are not available except through a doctor. I found that out last December. Everyone overpacks, the first time we went to Couples, going through customes, the lady asked my us how long we were going to be in Jamaica, when we said eight days, she asked why so much luggage? Because we waited to long to book , we will miss this December at CSA, just have to bite our lips and wait until next year , CSS December 11-19 2013 and CSA December 19-27 2013. Have a great December 2012 visit everyone! Larry and Judi

Thanks Mike.....as you will notice on my GHVS post, that I didn't put 2 and 2 together with you and Monica being together. Thanks for all your input and we do look forward to our trip.

Kim

Hi! This is Kim & Daniel...and we will be headed to CSA from 12/16-23. There is 8 of us going and we love to meet new people.

Kim & Daniel --------Saratoga Springs, UT
    Debbie & David -----Colorado Springs, CO
    Jane & Robert-------Moline, IL
    Julie & Ed...............Moline, IL

Cannot wait......!!!

Hi Mike.....I guess I needed to give you everyone's name so that you may add them to your master list. You don't know how excited we are. I was just looking at pictures on the website, dreaming that I was already there.

Kim & Daniel.............Saratoga Springs, UT
    Debbie & David..........Colorado Springs, CO (birthday girl December 13th)
    Jane & Robert............Moline, IL
    Julie & Ed...................Moline, IL

If you need anything else, please let me know. I look forward to meeting new friends.

Kim

95 days and and counting until we return to paradise! Oh how will the anticipation and daydreaming begin to consume me the closer it gets. Hope to meet some of you while we are enjoying our 2nd trip to CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Christine View Post
    We will be @ CSA from December 23rd - January 2nd this year - getting married on the beach on December 28th......Christmas, New Year's and our wedding! can't wait!! =)
    Hi Lisa
    Ged and me (Tracy) are there the same dates and we are getting married on the 27th - yay

We will be at CSA from Dec 7 -17. it is my hubby's birthday on Dec 14th....who is gonna party with us? Also were going to CTI from Dec 3-7 to try a different couples....anyone gonna be there at that time?

Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by coupleschristmas2012 View Post
    Hi Lisa
    Ged and me (Tracy) are there the same dates and we are getting married on the 27th - yay
    Hey Tracy -

That's great! we will definitely see you there!

Lisa

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast