Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dec 2012

Well MikeMonica, my last ray of hope is gone ! I was waiting for 45 days out to see if there were any cancellations on BFVS. It looks like the whole resort is sold out. We are booked at CSS 12/01/-12/08 and CSA 12/08/-15 for next December, so maybe we will wee you in 2013. Larry and Judi

Bill and Natalia, Dec 9-16th. In some ways I'm already there.

Robert and Lin here - third trip to CSA, first time in December....so psyched to meet the December people - been in January and November. Coming with another couple from Virginia and family from Florida....I need Negril so bad right now...looking to do the One Love Pub Crawl and Pelican Bar if anyone else is interested...will be there December 8th-15th!!!!

Zazu - Monica and I will look forward to seeing you next year.

Bill -- Welcome, I've added you and Natalia to the list. Have you been to Jamaica before? Post a picture or two and tell us a little more about yourselves.

Randymon has already posted about Tropical Storm Sandy - Please keep all our Jamaican friends in your thoughts and lets hope that it passes over quickly and harmlessly for everyone.

49 days and counting !!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Sooooo excited, only 54 more days til CSA! We will be there from the December 16th-23rd. It's our first visit to CSA and to Jamaica. I think MikeMonica has a master list of everyone that will be there in December. Just curious, like the cruises we have been on, we have done roll calls online before the trip and then met at certain time and place onboard to meet everyone. Since it's our first time to an AI, does it kinda work the same where everyone meets up at a certain time for a cocktail? It would be great to put faces to the names.

52 days and counting! Can't wait to return to Jamaica but today my thoughts and prayers are with the wonderful people of Jamaica as Tropical Storm Sandy is fast approaching the island.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  114.7 KBScroll to Top

Haaaaaa!!! Lin, y'all will overlap with us for precisely one evening! Hope we can make it to the plane.

Jeff and Marybeth!

Robert & Lin - welcome to the group. I've added you to the list. Did you meet Jeff and MaryBeth during your November trip? Jeff is the November group expert on the Pelican Bar. Marybeth also does animal rescue work in Virginia. I work with Rottweiler and large dog rescue here in Alabama. I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about when we meet.

Kim & Daniel (LedftLizzy) - The Dec List will be attached to the bottom of this post. As we get closer to arriving at CSA, board members usually recommend a date or recurring day, place and time to meet up. Judging by the board traffic this year - I propose the Dec Group meetups take place at the Bamboo Bar.

Tammy & Mike - Great picture - I've added it to the list with pictures.

BTW - If anyone would like a copy of the list with pictures, send an email to wingnrain@yahoo.com and I'll automatically forward the list to you when I post it on the message board.

Attachment 18213

7 weeks till we're home!!!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Hi Mike and Monica,

We're from Toronto, and I think this will be our 6th time to Jamaica, always to a Couples Resort and I believe the 4th time to Swept Away in particular.
    If I can remember to log in when I'm at home sometime, I can try to post a phot or two. Look forward to meeting you both, and yes although the storm has now passed Jamaica let's hope that everyone got through it safe.

Bill

Default Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfans View Post
    Hey Randi,Sherri, Mike and Monica we will be there from Dec. 9th thru the 20th of 2012! We are first timers so we know no one but cant wait to meet you guys! We are getting married 12/12/12 and we would love to help you guys celebrate on your special day!!
    We are Lori and Joe. We are also getting married 12/12/12, but at CSS (where we got engaged). We booked way back in March, 2011, too! Hard to believe it's only 7 weeks away! We are staying at CSS from Dec 7-15th, then will head to CSA from the 15th-18th. Whoever is still around then, hope to meet you!!!!
    Hugs!
    Lori (and Joe)

Quote Originally Posted by Huckens View Post
    We got sucked in as well. I feel like it is a long way away, but the price and credit's were worth it! We will be at CSA December 9 - 16th. We have been to CN (12/26/10 - 1/2/11), but have never been to CSA. We are really looking forward to it!

Julie and Todd Buckner - Shakopee, MN
    Julie and Todd....we are from Edina! Hope to meet you there on the 15th.
    Lori and Joe

Default See you soon...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMonica View Post
    Randy got us also. But we are definitely an easy catch. We'll be there 12-20 Dec. It will be our fifth anniversary on the 17th of Dec. Please help us celebrate our special day when we renew our vows.
    Hey Mike/Monica. Michael and I are looking forward to seeing you two in December and toasting the two of you on your anniversary. In the meantime, stay safe. Jill

42 days before we're home, and it can't happen soon enough!!! So looking forward to see old friends and meeting new ones. Soon Come everyone...Soon Come!!!

November 30-Dec 9th Rachelle and Daryl from Alberta Canada. We have been to all the Couples reosrts.Glad to be coming home to our favourite beach, piano bar and a few December rounds of golf.

My husband and I will be making our first trip to Couples Swept Away for a delayed honeymoon December 15-22! We got married in March 2012, but because of school and work schedules were unable to take our honeymoon till Christmas time. At first we were a little bummed, but now it is almost here! This is our first trip to Jamaica and we are getting more and more excited everyday and are looking forward to all that CSA has is store! Any tips for first timers would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to our newest group members!!!!

Lori and Joe - congratulations on your upcoming nuptials at CSS on 12/12/12. Hope to meet you at CSA. Make sure and stop by the Gazebo on 12/17 at 11:00 and help us celebrate our vow renewals.

Rachelle & Daryl - Sorry we'll miss you - Hopefully one day Monica and I will be able to visit all 4 resorts also. We've been wanting to do the trading spaces with CN but never seem to get away from the sand gravity of CSA.

JillyBean - Hoping to see you and Michael too. I can't find your dates but am guesstimating 8 Dec - 18 Dec - Let me know and I'll correct the list. Keep your calendar open for 11:00 on the 17th.

Since we are getting close to our trip - I'll start posting the list every two weeks. Please advise me of any corrections necessary.

Looking forward to heading home and meeting everybody!!!

43 days and counting!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Cailananne - Welcome to the group - I've added your dates to the list. Let me know your husband's name and I'll replace the ????.

Here's some advice for first timers (compliled from several sources - Thanks Jeff and Marybeth, Zazu, and others).

Bring:
    a black pen on the plane to fill out the customs and immigrations forms.
    a small bottle of woolite to refresh your swimsuits
    Skin So Soft from Avon or a good bug repellant with deet for the sand fleas on the beach at night. (Note - don't put the bug repellant on your toenails, the polish will melt , the sand will stick, and you'll have sandpaper toenails for a while - Ask Monica about it )
    A Kindle if you like to read. It's better for outside than an Ipad ).
    Sunscreen - It's expensive in Jamaica.
    Any medication you might need (aspirin, allergy, etc...)

Most people overpack the first visit, (especially those getting married- try to keep it down to necessities). Y'all will be spending most of your time on the beach (swimsuits, shorts & t-shirts, flip-flops, sandals). Remember it's Jamaica, light clothing is essential (except for Feathers which is air-conditioned). Our first trip, we brought 4 suitcases and two carryons (we were getting married) and didn't need or use half of what we brought. Since then, we bring 1 suitcase for us, and two carryons (with our essentials, swimsuits etc...). Luggage may sometimes be delayed, so plan accordingly.

The on site laundry service looks expensive. Compared to the additional/overweight bag fees some airlines charge, the onsite laundry service is the deal of the century.

Leave space to take home your souvenirs. All that liquor, (that most people buy in the airport) has to go in your checked bag once you hit the states, unless you are lucky enough to have a direct flight. The airlines will also re-weigh your bags to see if you need to pay an overweight bag fee , because they are really helpful like that.

Make sure you take the orientation tour - We didn't our first time and missed a lot of things that enhanced our second and subsequent trips.

Island time is real. Things will take longer to happen in Jamaica. Always. Accept it. Resistance is not only futile, but can actually make things go backwards.

See y'all at CSA!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Default Good times are in store!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cailananne View Post
    My husband and I will be making our first trip to Couples Swept Away for a delayed honeymoon December 15-22! We got married in March 2012, but because of school and work schedules were unable to take our honeymoon till Christmas time. At first we were a little bummed, but now it is almost here! This is our first trip to Jamaica and we are getting more and more excited everyday and are looking forward to all that CSA has is store! Any tips for first timers would be greatly appreciated!
    Cailananne... Welcome to the CSA family. You will love this resort, as well as Jamaica. But most importantly, you will love the staff and the people you will meet; and trust me, this will not be you last trip to CSA. Getting the lay of the land is very easy, and if you need any assistance, the staff is great and very willing to help. The staff cannot accept tips, but they are allowed to accept items such as schools supplies, chocolates, things of that nature. Just bring a business card, or write a note so that they may leave the premises with such items. We tend to leave chocolates and lotions for the housekeeping staff; always appreciated, but NEVER expected.

In the meantime, start packing, and get ready for a wonderful time. This is our 8th year to CSA.....We can't wait.... 38 days and counting.

Dates are close enough Mike. Dec. 8th-19th. We already have you on our calendars for the 17th; wouldn't miss it. Can't wait to see you both and celebrate. Michael has offered to buy a round... Be safe my friend, see you soon.

Name:  iPhone Album - 06.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  304.7 KB
    First order of business after unpacking and freshening up! Extra olives Onique.

Hey all,
    We are Kathrine and Emilie, from Nashville. This is our second trip to CSA, we went last in 2009. We are now coming on our "babymoon", I will be 5 months pregnant during our stay Dec 11-16. So although I will get to enjoy all the delicious food, my partner will be the only one enjoying all the delicious Vodka Slushies (mmmmm) and rum drinks. Ha. Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone!

Is anyone planning a day trip to Couples Negril? I think we'd like to check it out for a day.

Oh, does anyone know for sure which night is the repeaters dinner at CSA? I think it may be Monday, but I'm not sure... and we don't arrive until Tuesday- so we will miss it, if it is on Monday. Eeek. I hope I'm wrong.

We'll be back for our 14th visit December 1-14, 2012. See you on the tennis courts.

Mary and John Fairbairn
    Ottawa, Ontario

33 Days!!!! Cannot come soon enough.
    Scott and Audrey Nichelson
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Audrey & Scott

Kathrine & Emilie -welcome to the group, I've added y'all to our list. Congratulations on your "Babymoon". Sorry that Emilie will have to drink all your drinks for you. However, I'll make sure that Monica helps her with the vodka slushies and I'll be glad to help with the rum drinks. Repeaters dinner is on Monday so it looks like y'all will miss it. As far as doing the trading places with CN, we've never made it past the planning stages. Maybe this year - who knows???

Mary & John - welcome to the group. 14 visits!!!! Let's see - Monica and I hope to have that record by 2020!!!

Our first couple on the list Angela (dentalgal) and her Awesome Boyfriend Terry will be there in a little over two weeks to make sure everything is setup for the rest of us. They return to CA on 1 Dec. Angela - Make sure you keep us posted on everything we can expect.

The latest list will be posted this Friday.

36 days and counting!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast